Author Topic: My update  (Read 234 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
My update
« on: June 28, 2004, 12:58:43 AM »
Installed new Vid drivers as well as did a host of other maintanence.

As per patch 4 as someone else mentioned framerates i the tower doubled to 40 FPS.
On runway Im getting 20
Framerates a bit but I do mean just a little bit more stable depending on what Im doing.
the higher I go the better the framerates. but they will still range from 80 fps to 30 fps. Andas soon as I  enter any kind of fight or furball and they drop like a stone to around 26 fps or lower.
Moving all sliders to performance over detail only have any effect if I am cruising. As soon as I start turning, or fighting or get anywhere near the ground they drop like a rock then again become unstable but more stable then before and range from 16 FPS to 42 Fps.
this is in all modes from F1-F4
In a GV framerates are abismal often dropping to under 10 FPS. even in F4 mode

Had that memory bug hit me tonight. Framerates dropped to 4FPS mem usage went up to 89 out of a possable 130 then framerate dropped.
alt-tabbed out and came back. framerates improved but memory usage remained the same. Then framerates dropped again, Game locked up breifly then came back but text buffer was gone. then locked up again for several moments and came back and mouse ointer was frozen then unfroze but text buffer was still gon and I was forced to quit then restart the game

among other things I saw was .
Many many many minnipauses or stutters,
Vanishing then reappearing planes.
White out of the gunsite that could only be corrected by replaning.
All in all the game is playable but JUST barely
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty