Author Topic: Why there are so many Hogs in Main answered:  (Read 525 times)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Why there are so many Hogs in Main answered:
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2001, 04:13:00 AM »
More CHog ?  
miam   the other white meat  

Offline Andy Bush

• Copper Member
      • http://www.simhq.com  (Contributing Editor - Air Combat Corner)
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2001, 06:47:00 AM »
Toad

Best words I've heard on this in a long time.

Andy

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2001, 08:21:00 AM »
both nik and chog suk the arena they both no original planes any beginner can kill my p38 in a niki it's to ufo.

The Chog is giving me more chance in dogfight
unless they gonna spray and prey the snapshot.
ill be gone in one ping.

Any nik that kills me is sure not a better pilot. Don't think when u make a kill in a nik u are are a good fighterpilot.
because it's to damn easy.

My opinon is everyone flying these machines are just to scared to fly a real plane.

I still fly my P38 and i love it, and i swear u ill never see me in a nik NOWAY!!

S! chaps

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2001, 08:26:00 AM »
Bug, FYI, I've been doing a R.P.C. (Ram Ping Count) when killed by an F4U-1C.  So far to date since I've started this, I've asked 7 pilots who killed me comparing the number of pings I heard before dying to the number of flashes the killer saw, and none have been below 10 pings (Which incidently can represent over 20 bullets).

Someone said it best, if you can't handle the 1C, learn to fly better.  I find it one of the easiest planes in the arena to kill if you avoid the business end.  

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2001, 08:33:00 AM »
That's what i said a bit i can fight em and rookies stall quikcly in the chog.(spin)
So they dive in and run away (maybe come back when i turn or get lower)
yes the chog flys normally like a plane
but the nik gives me the creeps

really great fights  

S!

gimmy more

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2001, 08:37:00 AM »
Rgr, Bug, the N1K is Public Enemy Number One in my book, and I engage them first in a furball since they are more of a threat than any other A/C in the game, however I shall fall short of whining that they be removed as others have on the Chog.

Offline Torgo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2001, 09:42:00 AM »
I don't even think the C-Hog is "uber."

I'm not a very good pilot right now (mainly because I was in WB for three years, then quit about when Pyro and HT left, and didn't fly sims at all till I started AH seriously about 2 1/2 months ago) and  even I'M not particularly terrified of the CHog.

It IS what kills me most of the time, simply because there are so damn many of them.

I've even flown it a little to see if it has some uber characteristics (none that I can identify.)

I'm not one of those people arguing there are uber badly-modeled UFO maneuvering characteristics..I've never actually seen that yet.

I still think it should be perked. It was a rare AC present only for three months at the end of the war. To me, that's a perk plane.

It just bugs me to see an aircraft near-irrelevant in the war be so common in the arena. It's so common because it's big American Iron with huge quantities of 20mm ammo.

I really believe perking it HAS NO NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES and would create a more interesting plane mix.

Isn't it a bit dull fighting the same AC all the time?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2001, 09:46:00 AM »

Originally posted by Torgo:

Isn't it a bit dull fighting the same AC all the time?

For me it is, that's why I fly all A/C types, since alot of pilots are very good in one A/C type, but only a handful of pilots are good in ALL A/C types....something I'm trying to attain.

You might talk to the 13th TAS, I know they primarily fly P51's (Well, did, up to this new version)...our squad flys primarily the Corsair for Mission night, but we mix it up alot too.

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 01-03-2001).]

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2001, 01:20:00 PM »
You Know why the HOG is popular.... Baa Baa Black sheep! god I wish they would put it on DVD!

The F4u has always been my favorite Air craft so was the n1k2j Shiden kia (I was so dam suprised and happy when Air warrior put it in). I also love the p51d, p51h the p38j and the p47d. But I will always love the hog above all others.

------------------
Mayhem 33rd S.G.
"Destination anywhere, so far gone, I'm already there!"
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
people will always cry about the air craft. even if you do get them right. the only solution is to limit them all to spits then they would cry about not having anything else to fly. personally I think the n1k2-j and the f4u's are undermodeled for the sake of game play. there both slower then they realy are and the n1k2 doesn't seem to have that ensighn eliminator toque it has in real life. (Both the f4u and the n1k2 where infamous at killing pilots due to tak off engine torque).

------------------
Mayhem 33rd S.G.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2001, 01:29:00 PM »
Be afraid that your ride might become the uber ride of choice.  The more people fly it.. the less perk points you get for killing in it.

On the other side.. the more people flying another aircraft.. the more its worth when you kill it... and the more targets there are to kill.

End of whine

AKDejaVu

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2001, 02:01:00 PM »

Originally posted by BUG_EAF322:
both nik and chog suk the arena they both no original planes any beginner can kill my p38 in a niki it's to ufo.

Any nik that kills me is sure not a better pilot. Don't think when u make a kill in a nik u are are a good fighterpilot.
because it's to damn easy.

My opinon is everyone flying these machines are just to scared to fly a real plane.

Ever notice that maybe instead of the Niki and Chog actually being the “Nuisance Uber AH Game play Ruining Death Machines” so much squeaked about, it might just be the opinion of the  intellectual giants that piss and moan about them, and that THEY are the real problem?

The vocal few that present such mindless reasons and statements as to why the Nik and Chog are such a problem to the Aces High arena I tend to think are far worse to the arena then any game unbalancing plane. (Which of course, nether the Chog or the Niki are.)

Might just be the reason HTC doesn't say much about it, considering the sources.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2001, 02:04:00 PM »
<Candle burning late night near a desk, a pen drops to the diary>....
"Dear Diary,
Today marks the 2nd time that Creamo and I agreed on something, could this be the beginning of something?.....Naaaaaaaa!"

Hehe, J/K

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2001, 02:04:00 PM »
Perk points are lame. Ive never ever liked perk points or any points system. I think points are for dorks that don't know how to have fun. And it will be snowing in hell before I start flying for points! If points ever come in the way of me flying and having fun I'll can my AH acount. I think all rankings and points do is promote quake type playing battlenet behavior and cheating! next thing you know there will be inflight power ups and bonus rings you can fly threw for 1000 bonus points.

------------------
Mayhem 33rd S.G.

[This message has been edited by Mayhem (edited 01-03-2001).]

Offline Dos Equis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2001, 02:14:00 PM »

Originally posted by leonid:
Actually, there are so many chogs out there that I've had a lot of practice scissoring with them, and now it's not the big deal it used to be.  VVS planes out-scissor them nicely.  Still don't want to be anywhere near that nose though.

I flew against the GIAP last night, who were all in La-5s. I took a Chawg to them. I fly the Chawg now just to piss the whiners off.

Anyhow, the GIAP pretty much whacked me. In La-5s. A combo of great teamwork and good flying. I got em a few times, waiting for the odds to go in my favor and diving on them. But the dispersal model makes flying against excellent evasive pilots harder, and forget taking the Chawg into a turn fight with the Spitfire they had with them flown by Asmodan.

X2