Author Topic: Why there are so many Hogs in Main answered:  (Read 524 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Why there are so many Hogs in Main answered:
« on: January 02, 2001, 09:30:00 AM »
First, do what Udie did a few months back, recruit a few folks over to the Med Terrain.  Now, count the A/C.  Wow, an overwhelming number of LW and British A/C!  Amazing isn't it?!?

Now, go to a Pacific Terrain, and recruit pilots, An amazing number of Hogs and Nikis and Zeros!  Amazing isn't it?!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »
Just as an experiment, disable the chog, and see if all those Hog drivers switch to the D.  
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Torgo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2001, 09:45:00 AM »
Um...

A more obvious answer is that you have a popular new take-off airfield (the CVs) with only 4 fighters that can take off from it, one of which is the CHog.

Offline Torgo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2001, 09:47:00 AM »
Err,

Five fighters, I mean :-)

Checking last tour I see the CHog had 3 times as many kills as the next most kills by an AC. And more kills than the next two AC combined.

I suspect it will be worse this tour.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2001, 11:00:00 AM »
Torgo,

Check and see what the top 3 planes are in air-to-air kills.

Ground vehicle/ship kills sort of distort the record as the 1C is pretty well acknowledged as the best ground attack aircraft in AH. (BTW, also subtract out the C-47 kills since it can't shoot back and is just a target drone.)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Torgo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2001, 12:29:00 PM »
Toad,

Ok, 4,582 of those kills were v. ground vehicles or C47s.

That leaves 10,931 Air to Air kills.

Same thing with the NIKI reduces its kills to 5,548.

So now it has twice as many kills as the next highest AC, not 3 times as many.

So?

My point is there are hordes of sorties in the CHog..unfortunately we can't see sortie data directly.  

I don't see how "a lot of those sorties are ground attack" is a response to the argument "gee, there are a lot of CHogs in the arena."

I submit that perking the Chog would create a more interesting game. I feel that with its removal, its sorties would probably go 25% to the DHog, 20% to the Niki, 20% to the P51, 20% to the FW, 10% to the Typhoon, 5% to the Jug, roughly.

Creating more AC diversity and a more interesting game.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2001, 01:03:00 PM »
 Just gang bang torque. It will bring the numbers down.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2001, 06:34:00 PM »
Here's the problem, IMHO.

OK, you get rid of the -1C.

Apparently, the "next best" killer is the N1k2.

So what do you do if all the previous -1C flyers migrate to the N1K2? Now the N1K2 becomes the "killing machine". The complaints about it start, like they have on the -1C.

OK, we ban the N1K2...where do those flyers go now?

It'll never end. Never. Not until we're all down to just one available plane.

It's easy to avoid a HO if you are anywhere near corner speed. Avoiding almost any other type of kill is mostly SA.

Dare I say it? It's not the plane, it's the pilot....on both ends of the gun.  

Just my .02.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Torgo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2001, 07:37:00 PM »
Here's the problem:

Anything now suggested to improve the game is dismissed because there are no changes that will finally end all whining by everyone forever.  

I don't think there can be a rational debate on whether to perk the CHog anymore, because so many people hate whining so much they've taken up the cause of defending the CHog merely because it's the most whined about aspect of the game.

Clearly there will always be one AC with the most Air-to-Air kills. But you have to grant that 2-1 is a pretty huge margin. but it's not my main argument. The only 200 built is my main argument.  

And I really think you will NOT see most CHog sorties turn into Niki Sorties. I really think they will be divided among a variety of arena planes.

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2001, 09:21:00 PM »
Torgo's got my vote. Make it a perk plane.

LLB OUT!!!!!!!!

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2001, 11:49:00 PM »
Just remove the c47, give us a ju52, so at least when everythin else is perked, we'll have something with which to shoot back.

AKskurj

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2001, 12:49:00 AM »
Actually, there are so many chogs out there that I've had a lot of practice scissoring with them, and now it's not the big deal it used to be.  VVS planes out-scissor them nicely.  Still don't want to be anywhere near that nose though.

------------------
leonid, Kompol
5 GIAP VVS-KA, Knights

"Our cause is just.  The enemy will be crushed.  Victory will be ours."
ingame: Raz

Hans

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2001, 02:40:00 AM »
This all reminds me of WarBirds when half of the aircraft you saw were FW-190-D9s and even more Spitfires.

Like somebody up on the thread mentioned....there will ALWAYS be one aircraft in the list that is more popular than the next two types combined.

Hans.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2001, 03:28:00 AM »
let's all fly the C202 !
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

PapaEcho

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2001, 03:38:00 AM »
I agree with toad

Why don't we all just fly the C-47 and have done with it just fly around, and round,and round, and round and throw goons at each other, but in the end someone will do something amazing with it or 6 C-47 will gang up on one, and this argument will blow up ag....<YAWN>.....ain!

I just get bored of people whinig about how this is uber and thats uber and theres too many people using that  aircraft ??? so what take your whooping like a man even if it's 16-1 against you and there all CHogs jusy enjoy the fight while it lasts

Gees, guys get a grip, its a GAME, i.e FUN

------------------
PapaEcho
--------
"Pull the pin and count to what??"