Author Topic: Just got back from Emergency Room.  (Read 993 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Just got back from Emergency Room.
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2004, 02:45:26 PM »
Mac, all you need to secure the TV is some "Plumbers Tape" (which is actually a roll of metal strap) and some drywall screws. Secure 1 end to the TV and the other to a wall stud. $1.50 well spent.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2004, 03:56:27 PM »
Glad to hear he's okay.  Same thing happened to my son; he opened the cabinet on the TV stand to reach the channel buttons.  It tipped forward enough that the 27-inch TV tipped forward.  Luckily for him, the TV hit the open cabinet door, and was deflected enough to prevent the full weight of the TV from coming down on him.  It caught his foot, but didn't break any bones...just gave him a nasty bruse.  Went right out and bought a more stable entertainment center for the TV.

By the way, those head wounds really bleed out.  It's enough to freak out any parent.:eek:
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2004, 08:43:43 PM »
happy he's ok Mac....

now calm down before you get a heart attack....

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2004, 09:52:48 PM »
Glad he's okay. I think I'll say what others may be thinking but haven't said yet.

You need think long and hard about your negligence in knowing that it was a dangerous setup that you did nothing to correct. Telling a child not to do something is not the answer. Anticipating potential dangers and eliminating them is your responsibilty, not his.

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2004, 10:32:47 PM »
Oh my god!

I hope everything is ok, and I hope his trigger and joystick arm and throttle arm are still good!

Hope everything turns out good!

scary thought for me, being 16 and seeing that happen to one of my brothers
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh