Author Topic: Saw moors film  (Read 4390 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2004, 09:13:31 PM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
Thanks, Lazs (and Eagler too!)  Very useful information if I ever need to identify a Neaderthal.  Most scientists are of the opinion the species is extinct!  I'll take my camera to the CON and I'll bet I bag my limit of "happy, healthy and forthright" folks.

Keep your eyes open for my article in "Nature."

curly

Neanderthal? I'm thinking you probably don't intend that as the compliment it may be in this age of enlightended sensitivity. ;)
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2004, 03:16:35 AM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
Well, that's good to know!  

How do we recognize conservatives?  Are they happy, healthy and forthright folks?

curly

I use the sloping foreheads and dragging knuckles meself...

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2004, 03:18:17 AM »
Originally posted by ravells
Or perhaps Ed Koch thinks so.

Ravs

More accurately - Ed Koch thinks so and therefore it must be true because I agree with him!!!

Boys around here struggle to tell the difference between facts and opinions.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2004, 03:40:28 AM »
Originally posted by _Schadenfreude_
Boys around here struggle to tell the difference between facts and opinions.

Don't throw out Koch's piece just because it is an opinion.  The mayor sights verifiable facts within it.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2004, 08:07:56 AM »
rav gets it...

moore is  a lying little rich kid who never worked a day in his life.   he hates himself but he hates all of us even more.   he has said so many anti American things over the years and told so many lies that this movie will be his ruin... All the publicity will make people who seen his movie want to know "who is this moore guy?"

when they find out it will be a big plus for Bush and pretty much the end of moore being taken even halfway seriously.. all the gushing liberals on this board are gonna be sooooo embarassed by this time next year i think   pretty much like the guys who gushed over "the arming of America" book and all the awards it got.

lazs

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2004, 09:01:51 AM »
I think you may be a little overly optimistic lazs.

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
  --  Henry Mencken
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

storch

Saw moors film
« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2004, 09:20:38 AM »
Originally posted by AKIron
I think you may be a little overly optimistic lazs.

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
  --  Henry Mencken

Sadly I think you are correct.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2004, 09:35:46 AM »
there is a reason moore-on fought the "R" rating

he wanted to "confuse" teenagers 13 - 18 not just 18 & 19 year olds and adults whose brains have not developed past that physical age ....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2004, 11:31:47 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Don't throw out Koch's piece just because it is an opinion.  The mayor sights verifiable facts within it.

Oh I don't - but to me it's just an opinion "facts" would be anothe rmatter of opinion.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2004, 11:34:35 AM »
I don't think so... I would point to bellisels "arming of America" as an example..

the lefties hate any kind of success that isn't theirs personally and while they will play along for a bit if the "cause" is right... in the end... they just can't stand anyone getting more attention than them... they will turn on him...  Allready some are "outing" him as a liar.  

When his reputation matches  the reality of him.... it's all over.    It will be oliver stone all over again... good filmaker but frothing at the mouth and unable to keep from lying to get his point across..

in everyday examples... we have all argued with a liberal.... they say something and you say "that doesn't sound right" or "so what?  I don't care about that."   what happens?   they tell an even bigger whopper to "prove" their point.... citing a far left corner of the internet or a friend of thiers or some nutjob as "proof"... if you still aren't convinced they go into stage three whoppers... no base at all..   moore is about stage two and a half in everything he does.... about  stage three in person...  

he will self destruct with the eager help of his "friends" on the left.

lazs

Offline Tuomio

• Nickel Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2004, 02:09:13 PM »
From dictionary.com:

Lie

1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.

2.Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

So if i give you wrong impressions, ie. say that i am selling my house and show you a photo of unknown mansion,  i'm lying even tho you wont find me saying that this picture represents what i am selling.

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2004, 04:32:54 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
there is a reason moore-on fought the "R" rating

he wanted to "confuse" teenagers 13 - 18 not just 18 & 19 year olds and adults whose brains have not developed past that physical age ....

in canada...the film is rated A-14...if you go to M Moore's web page you will see pics of theatres across the US at least one of which has on the marquee "we do not honor the "R" rating"....!!:aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Saw moors film
« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2004, 12:10:40 AM »
"It also shows how the Democrats damaged their campaign by going for selective recounts rather than a properly democratic complete hand recount."

And the LOSING of the election had absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH dipchit Gore, LOSING HIS HOME STATE?!!   I love it when Dem's whine about Florida.   They shut up when the former is told to them.  Gore lost it himself, the idiot pissed off hunters in his own state and did VERY lax campaigning as well.  

Btw, Moore has a right to produce this film, it is a right after all.  If you don't like it, don't fuggin watch it, novel idea eh?  I will not see it, but I think it's a wake up call of sorts.  The hornets are a buzzin'.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC