Author Topic: Half the fun it used to be  (Read 4213 times)

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
Half the fun it used to be
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2004, 01:04:53 AM »
That's funny, Pony, because I can fly the P-51's better than I could in AH1.

My dad flew airplanes for around 15 years (civilian planes, but still), and he can't believe how good the flight models are. Oh, and he also flew a C-47 a few times. He tried Il2 Sturmovik (the game, not the plane in AH2), and he though it was horrible.

Here's a thought --- Learn how to fly the P-51 again. The flight models are superb this time around, and you're not gonna see a P-51 out-turning a Yak in a dogfight :D.

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2004, 01:05:56 AM »
That's funny, Pony, because I can fly the P-51's better than I could in AH1.

My dad flew airplanes for around 15 years (civilian planes, but still), and he can't believe how good the flight models are. Oh, and he also flew a C-47 a few times. He tried Il2 Sturmovik (the game, not the plane in AH2), and he thought it was horrible.

Here's a thought --- Learn how to fly the P-51 again. The flight models are superb this time around, and you're not gonna see a P-51 out-turning a Yak in a dogfight :D.

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2004, 01:31:39 AM »
Planes are better but the game is still the same old same old. Sometimes I think we might be seeing the last days of our old (for some of us) past time.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2004, 02:46:31 AM »
Beet, I may have only come back temporarily.  My free period was only a couple of days it seems and I am not willing to pay for a game that literally boots me EVERY flight.  I have upgraded every piece of my system, including the monitor, except the sound card.  I've spent well over $1000.00 US  and the game doesn't work.

There has been no mention as far as I know about sound card problems but I think HTC needs to take a look at this.

I'm done spending.  Until HTC provides a decent product, I'm voting w/ my 14.95 and going elsewhere.  

Toodles.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2004, 03:11:12 AM »
Yea, I'm kinda thinking, objectively, ah2 vs 2.0 was premature.
If they needed more beta testers,  just add scoring and keep track of the beta camps - people would have beta'd.

The numbers I see shows a drop off of 40-50% during prime time.
I'm hoping this was just a bad patch.  

You know people dismiss offhand putting back AH1 until AH2 gets stable. I really think they should consider it.

From what I see, AH2 is not stable.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2004, 04:23:30 AM »
Steve,

There are some issues with some old sound cards. What mobo do you have? My mobo (A7N8X-DLX) has onboard sound which is excellent for AH. I used to play AH on a WMe system when I had my old MS sidewinder stick. When I got the Saitek USB, I decided to put AH on my W2000 system (which is on the same PC - I have dual boot). But I couldn't find drivers for the soundcard. So out it went! The Asus sound is much better anyway. With the sound card I used to get "howl around" if I had the volume up too high. I don't have that problem with the on board sound.

I had 2 CTDs when it was a recognised problem. I haven't had a CTD for weeks. Check that you're not overclocking your CPU beyond its limits - that was causing me to CTD soon after I built my PC. Do you know how to check the clock frequency and multiplier settings in the BIOS?

Email me your phone # and I'll call you. -only costs me 1p/minute to call the US. I owe you that much after all the grief I've put your way. :lol;)

orangebeet1e@yahoo.co.uk

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2004, 06:02:43 AM »
Originally posted by Mak333
Approx. Statistic:   1 out of every 3 aircraft are either La7's or N1k's

And THAT  is something that has to change.

Nope, will never change as long as AH is a numbers game it won't. period!

Have a nice day;)