Author Topic: Ah2 Dweebs "The new breed"  (Read 1225 times)

Offline TheCage

• Copper Member
Ah2 Dweebs "The new breed"
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2004, 07:37:37 PM »
I'm no P-38 expert, however I have no problems with flying it.

I rarely have a problem with the P-38 stalling although I fly it on the edge most of the tiime.   Only three times since the beta of AH2 began have I ever had a flat spin.   When they do happen there isn't much warning.   Not even sure how I managed it, but a squad member watch me fall to earth straight down while the plane was still level.  

Now sometimes in combat  I may loose control for a moment or two, but those are not intentional.  Just pushing the envelope a bit to hard.   Over all I think the 38 flies much better in AH2, although the glass tail thing is a real disappointment.   I killed another P-38 the other night, hit his left engine, scored hits on the inner sections of the the wing around the cockpit.   Just before I did hit the cockpit, I watch the whole tail section fall off, and I didn't even put one round into it.  

Kind of makes you wonder, just what does make the tail actually fall off!

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2004, 07:44:40 PM »
When you enter a flat spin it is VERY important to throttle back to bring the nose down. In some planes in AH1 (like the 110) you'd actually have to shut the engine(s) off to bring the nose down.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2004, 10:32:14 AM »
"Oh, I see. So it is the 110's fault that you didn't see him comming with a ton of E and didn't get out of his way. Ok."

Gscholz go suk an egg. U were giving me crap in the ma on Ch.200 the other day for some reason. Have i wronged you in some way or did ya just start being a jerk on a whim? Dont appreciate the personal attack on ch.200 btw. Been playin for 3 yrs never had a prob with anyone.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2004, 11:08:05 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
...  then I climb to about 7k and do a couple of spins. The first spin is induced by violent elevator and rudder input. Stalling the P-38 in an extreme nose-up situation while using violent elevator and rudder input induces the second spin. Both spins are easily recovered. I have yet to experience a so-called "unrecoverable spin" in any aircraft in both AH and AHII.

Not all fights take place at 7K ... go do it on the deck, stall fighting a using flaps. Please post the film of how you recover from that spin.

At 7K ... pfffft ... big deal.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2004, 11:39:56 AM »
SlapShot, if you can conjure up the mental capability please notice that I was responding to the argument that the P-38 is modelled wrong because some AH P-38 "regular flier" spun in from 10K. If you spin on the deck you're dead, regardless of what plane you're in.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2004, 11:43:29 AM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
"Oh, I see. So it is the 110's fault that you didn't see him comming with a ton of E and didn't get out of his way. Ok."

Gscholz go suk an egg. U were giving me crap in the ma on Ch.200 the other day for some reason. Have i wronged you in some way or did ya just start being a jerk on a whim? Dont appreciate the personal attack on ch.200 btw. Been playin for 3 yrs never had a prob with anyone.

What personal attack would that be? IIRC it was you that called me "a bigger dweeb than Shane" for laughing at your 110 whine on ch200.