Author Topic: Upgrading CH Force FX to Win XP  (Read 403 times)

Offline Moochie

• Zinc Member
Upgrading CH Force FX to Win XP
« on: June 11, 2003, 06:11:01 PM »
Is this possible?  I have CH Products Force FX, ProThrottle and ProPedals.  I enjoy having Force Feedback so don't want to move to the Cougar HOTAS.

Can I get my setup working with XP (I'm buying a new hot Alienware system), and with USB ports given that the equipment is gameport.

Thanks,

Moochie

Oh - and by the way how do I put a picture into my signature in this forum.  It's on my hard drive but not on the net.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 07:09:16 PM »
Moochie....yes you can setup CH products with WinXP.  CH Products comes with Control Manager......to set up stick and throttle, and as I understand you can do it in "key mapping" in AH setup.  Make sure your CH equipment is USB....not analog.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 01:22:27 AM »
Moochie,

In a word no.  Your game port controllers (analog) will work with WinXP but speedkeys will not.  As long as all the funtions are currently programed in the stick and throttle you'll be ok but if you ever have to reload them with speedkeys it wont work.

Speedkeys programs your stick and throttle through the keyboard port.  WinXP prevents programing through the keyboard port.  You will either have to junk your controllers and get new USB ones, or set up your new puter with a duel boot so you can boot to Win98 or ME and use speedkeys on there.

Sharky

Offline spiffykraits

• Copper Member
      • http://home.clara.net/spiff
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2003, 03:23:49 AM »
Originally posted by Sharky
Moochie,

In a word no.  Your game port controllers (analog) will work with WinXP but speedkeys will not.  As long as all the funtions are currently programed in the stick and throttle you'll be ok but if you ever have to reload them with speedkeys it wont work.

Speedkeys programs your stick and throttle through the keyboard port.  WinXP prevents programing through the keyboard port.  You will either have to junk your controllers and get new USB ones, or set up your new puter with a duel boot so you can boot to Win98 or ME and use speedkeys on there.

Sharky

I use my CH FX and Prothrottle with 98SE. Works well, so why change to XP? :) Sharky is absolutely correct, dual boot 98/XP is the only option with old gameport connected CH FX sticks if you "must" use XP, you need to boot into 98 to re-program the throttle.  Same applies to the F16 Fighterstick (programmable one).

Offline Moochie

• Zinc Member
Spif: Does Force Feedback work in XP?
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 06:56:04 PM »
Spif.

Thanks for your post.

I understand I would have to boot in 98 to use Speedkeys, but does force feedback work in the XP environment?

Thanks

Moochie (Mohai)

Offline Moochie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 09:16:09 AM »
Sharky - if you see this would you mind helping out please?  I am trying to install my CH Force FX and Prothrottle (analog) in XP now (I also have CH ProPedals).  Unfortunately some buttons on the stick don't register properly and the hatswitch always looks left or down no matter which way you push it.
Any ideas?