Author Topic: AH II Won't Start  (Read 293 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
AH II Won't Start
« on: July 05, 2004, 02:48:06 AM »
After uninstalling and reinstalling IL-2, Forgotten Battles and its Expansion Pack tonight, Aces High II won't start.  I get the message "Aces High has encountered a problem and needs to close."

The unsuccessful attempt leaves some AH II folders on my desktop: cache, films, missions, settings, skins, squads, imported.  They seem to be empty copies and deletable.  

Do I need to uninstall AH II and download it again?  Or is there an easier solution?  Anybody else having this sort of problem?
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
AH II Won't Start
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 08:05:18 AM »
Sounds like you have a .exe instead of short cut on your desktop.

Try starting aceshigh.exe directly from the htc/AcesHigh II folder.

HiTech

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
AH II Won't Start
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 11:38:27 AM »
Thanks for the prompt reply, HiTech.  That solution works fine.  

Weird how my shortcut got messed up.  You saved me a lot of work and fretting.  Much easier to fix shortcut than try to repair something that wasn't broken.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous