Author Topic: Major sound problems in AHII.  (Read 349 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Major sound problems in AHII.
« on: July 04, 2004, 03:23:48 PM »
My sound goes out when I run AHII.  Typically one element will go out first, like no gun sound for several minutes.  Sometimes it’s the motor sound.  Sometimes the game is silent, I’m playing deaf, and then I’ll fire rockets for the first time, and have rocket only sound.  Then I’ll take hits for the first time and get that sound (and only that sound).  It’s hard to predict what or when a sound will go out, but usually within 5 to 10 minutes of playing.  One time I was able to get sound back by manning a gun, firing and then replaning.  Usually once it goes completely, I can’t get it back without shutting AHII down and restarting it.  
At first I thought that this had to do with installing more RAM, but I think that I may have installed one of the patches around the same time this developed.  (The first week or so of AHII I had no sound problems).

1- I’ve been having problems with stuttering and very poor frame rates in very busy furballs, but I think that it has gotten better with patches or my new RAM.

2- Are you having CTD’s in Patch 5? If yes, please describe the frequency and conditions of the CTD’s and whether this began or intensified with Patch 5. If no, did you experience CTD’s before Patch 5?

3- I just had my first AHII CTD, it came after installing patch 5.  (I’ve had a few lock ups from using Alt-Tab)

4- Windows ME

5- 1.40 gigahertz AMD Athlon

6- ECS K7AMA MOBO

7- NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 AGP 128 MB

8- 1024 Crucial

9- What make and version are your video drivers?
Not sure

10- What level is your anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering set to in you video card setup?
Not sure

11- MOBO default/attached for sound

12- What level is your sound hardware acceleration set to?  
No idea

13- What firewall program or router do you use if any?  
None

14- What antivirus software do you use if any?  
AVAST! (but I shut it down)

15- What is your Max Texture Size set to in AH?

16- What resolution and color depth do you use in AH? What resolution and color depth is your desktop set to?
True Color 32 bit 1024 x 768

17- What is your Vid Mem Used and Available displaying in AH when you are having problems?  
I’ll have to watch next time.

eskimo