Author Topic: <S> Busher & Hornets  (Read 710 times)

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
<S> Busher & Hornets
« on: July 05, 2004, 05:29:41 PM »
Hey Guys,
Thanks for letting me into the squadron for the last two weeks.  AH2 was pretty much what I expected.  Too much solo time.  Sorry to bug out on you like this.  I'll come back when HTC releases a test version of TOD.

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Re: <S> Busher & Hornets
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 06:22:33 PM »
Originally posted by Preon1
Hey Guys,
Thanks for letting me into the squadron for the last two weeks.  AH2 was pretty much what I expected.  Too much solo time.  Sorry to bug out on you like this.  I'll come back when HTC releases a test version of TOD.

Too much solo time? Man you gotta give it more than two weeks
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline NHattila

• Copper Member
<S> Busher & Hornets
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 08:23:13 PM »
was good to have ya in for a bit preon, but i hardly ever see solo time. you must be on at different times because i'm always messing around with squaddies. S! and hope to see ya back.
Atti11a

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
<S> Busher & Hornets
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 02:38:33 PM »
Originally posted by NHattila
was good to have ya in for a bit preon, but i hardly ever see solo time. you must be on at different times because i'm always messing around with squaddies. S! and hope to see ya back.

Oh, I'll be back, but I think I define solo time a little differently.  My test for whether or not I'm flying solo involves answering this question:  "At this point in time, if I were jumped, or I see a target of opportunity, is there somebody that I can immediately coordinate with to ensure victory?"  Most of the time, whether in combat or not, I'm only flying near squadmates, but not with them, so the answer is usually 'no'.  I've always loved flying with the Hornets, and they fly together as often as any of the best squadrons right now.

Unfortunately for me, the bread and butter of AH squadron operations these days is to pick a target and have everybody grab a plane with some bombs and take it there when they can.  This is due primarily to the mechanics of the game (lift whenever you want).  When TOD comes out, fights will become mass en mass instead of trickle en trickle (or flood en flood).  This will (hopefully) encourage mission organization that takes time on target, layered CAP, and coordination with wingmen into account.

Until that time, I find myself flying without any kind of coordination or strategy, nor am I flying against a coordinated enemy.  I'm simply flying alone into a cloud of fighters, attacking the ones that open themselves up to me, and trying to take advantage of friendly vectors to keep my tail clean of badguys.  In the end, even though I may be with a swarm of squaddies, I'm still flying alone.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
<S> Busher & Hornets
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 07:04:17 AM »
Hope to see you back soon Preon!

As for flying alone, well, I think everyone is experiencing teething problems with AH2 since we haven't been gettting as large a turnout as we did in AH1.  Most of us are either defending or helping other Bish attack but fairly often we do a squadron raid to try and take a base.  However, we do the odd fighter sweep and that is when we'd all be together like how you describe.  You're more than welcome to suggest doing more sweeps and I'm sure most would join in!
NEXX

Offline NHattila

• Copper Member
<S> Busher & Hornets
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 12:46:05 PM »
yeah, i and most hornets are always up for a fighter sweep if anyone suggests it. they are one of my fav aspects of the game :)
Atti11a

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
<S> Busher & Hornets
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 01:32:06 PM »
Sorry to see you leave us Preon. Was fun winging with you.

I been working my tail off but will be on more this week.

Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline ESB

• Nickel Member
<S> Busher & Hornets
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 01:53:34 PM »
At least stick around a bit more preon, true your definition of solo flying will happen a lot, but you only have to call and one of us hornets will be there pronto, i love doing fighter sweeps, especialy as a squad.

So give it another couple of weeks at least and see if it gets better.