Author Topic: AH Head to Head function.....amazing environment!  (Read 507 times)

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
AH Head to Head function.....amazing environment!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2000, 04:19:00 AM »
One thing that we still need for scenarios and h2h is the option to turn off icons for the arena .

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2000, 05:55:00 AM »

Originally posted by Snoopi:
Badger: Any commands you wanna know just ask... Hmmm....A doc file sounds good.... maybe when I get some time.    

Thank you Snoopi.... much appreciated .... <S>

I do have a lot of questions, so could you send me your email address on private so we don't bother the good folks on here.

Regards,
Badger

[This message has been edited by Badger (edited 10-11-2000).]

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2000, 06:15:00 AM »

Originally posted by Creamo:
Still, I hope the freebee crowd likes the results, as it's my $30/month to HTC that helps in developing the sim. Sure wish ya all would pay though, I see 3 more guys on payroll developing the sim,not answering questions like "Hey, in free HTH, could you add this...?etc.."

Hi Creamo.... <S>

You're missing the point, but who said AME's had to be marketing guys as well.    

This Head to Head environment and set of related application tools, is one of the best business development opportunities HTC has available to increase paying customer head count.  Unfortunately, they're not currently maximizing it well, either on the Internet in general, or by adding some simple innovations tied to the two week trial that would make it a tremendous drawing card to go monthly pay for play.

Anyway, been there, done that and have all the tee-shirts from these kinds of discussions,  so I have no interest in chasing that topic further with this thread.  I'd be happy to discuss it off-line in private email, with you, but I really don't think you'd be all that interested as it wasn't really the point of your original message, was it?    

For the benefit of others though, I did want everyone to realize what was perhaps not obvious about it's (HtoH) potential.

As far as AH quake goes, I guess you must have picked a few of those arenas that someone had set-up, complete with outside views for fighters, ammo loads 10x greater than normal etc.  Yup, there sure are those if you're into that kind of thing, but I get enough of that in the MA.  If you check frequently, you'll find some really nice Historical plane set-ups using Vermillion's outstanding Mediterranean or 10bears Luzon terrain, which still needs some work (bumpy runways), but has incredible potential.  <S> to both these guys for their efforts.  They also usually have arena settings that require the highest SA possible with AH, with full realism fuel and ammo loads.  Anyway, select one of those and let's meet with a classic 109f versus Spit 5 fur ball over the MED, or perhaps the F4U-1d versus A65Mb in Luzon.

Regards,
Badger

Looking for a different kind of environment to discuss your favorite on-line flight simulator?
 http://www.egroups.com/group/flightsimsonline

ps. Suave.... you are absolutely correct about icons, but I suspect that if it could be done, HT would have done it by now as a CM option command.  I'm guessing, but I think he's painted in a corner with some hard coding that prohibits doing this.  It's too bad, as it would deal with a large issue, perhaps not for a lot, but at least amongst an entire demographic of AH players.

[This message has been edited by Badger (edited 10-11-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2000, 07:54:00 AM »
I would guess I spend about 30% of my time in HTH, once, a fellow had 'spun a web' in a tank terrain, when you spawned at the field opposing him (his enemy field) you would die upon spawning, really strange way of getting kills considering he was at least 4 miles away (he didn't fire any shots, he just had it set up some way that you would die instantly) I guess some folks will do anything for a kill  

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2000, 08:39:00 AM »
Wasn't me eye, I'm guessing I'll need to sign up again to enable the H2H feature. Guess it'll have to wait a bit till I'm ready to venture forth again.

Hope all's well

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2000, 09:41:00 AM »
Maybe they should charge you for the BBS if you won't pay for AH account Badger. It your favorite part of the game anyways and I bet they could get at least $9.95/month out of you. If you quit the BBS again though, just like the MA, they should not reserve your callsign, heh.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2000, 09:58:00 AM »
Creamo.
Badger is in the MA.
Find something else to bother him about.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2000, 10:07:00 AM »
Also, creamo, give up on the poor boy bit too, it won't fly either.

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2000, 10:23:00 AM »

Originally posted by Creamo:
Maybe they should charge you for the BBS if you won't pay for AH account Badger. It your favorite part of the game anyways and I bet they could get at least $9.95/month out of you. If you quit the BBS again though, just like the MA, they should not reserve your callsign, heh.

Hi creamo.. <S>

I would appreciate if you went back and read my first message again, slower and with more understanding.

I haven't actively participated on here in almost a month, except perhaps for the odd short <S> message  (you should try a few of those).  You've helped me remember why..... thank you.  With almost 500 quality posts in just 9 months, you might want to consider a break from the BBS as well, it might do wonders for you.  

I posted this thread to give everyone positive feedback on HTC's design and implementation of an outstanding Head to Head 8 man arena system, superior to anything their competition has at the moment.   As usual, you wish to turn it into some form of personality contest like peanoodles in heat.  It's a shame you waste so much time and enthusiasm, concentrating on the glass being half empty rather than half full.

Anyway, I have no idea where you gathered I had quit AH and was using the Head to Head as some freebie treat.  I pay and play AH on-line, including at times, the less than stellar (IMHO) MA designed for the masses.  My preferences when available are historical scenarios and now, the recently discovered excellent tools provided by HTC to set up some great 4 on 4 match ups using those plane sets.  Again, that was the purpose of my post, not to provide you with narcissistic entertainment.

I really hope your outlook on life improves with age and maturity.  

Now, back to playing the game again....  

Regards,
Badger

Looking for a different kind of environment to discuss your favorite on-line flight simulator?
 http://www.egroups.com/group/flightsimsonline

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2000, 05:00:00 AM »
 Keep up the good posts Badger. <S>

Many of us do read them without responding.
 Will have to try H2H with you sometime...and yes, I DO have an acct creamo.

I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Originally posted by humble:
I'm guessing I'll need to sign up again to enable the H2H feature.
[/B]
Yup..Humble you have to re-register.
But you can sign up and fly for free (in H2H) as long as you don't give your billing info.
Then, when you are ready to start paying again, just enter the billing info...pick an I.D. and your are away to the races.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2000, 12:58:00 PM »
 I haave a tech question. I seldom host anymore, unless its to put an arena ive built into the works. Ive found that if I do, I cant play. FR go,s to hell and I get freeze ups. To make matters worse I seem to provide great connects to the people im hosting.Bad combination . Im guessing it is my somewhat dated CPU (300a OC,ed to 450). What is the minmum to host in a stable arena, would you say?

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2000, 02:51:00 PM »
Hblair, you should lisyen to Pongo. I'm just giving Badger ammo to write a long sappy thesis on the everything from how HTC should invest the companies stocks, to the how I should grow in my personal life and innerself. He gets to wow Ping with the thesaurus layden BBS chapters, and I get to laugh at him wasting his time scribbling out the calculations of how many posts per months online I have. See, all is good. And I was lulled into thinking he was a freebee player cuz I mixed up the several MA complaints, and  the quitting the BBS as a going to HTH only. My baddy.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2000, 05:24:00 AM »
 Wooowww

I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2000, 12:14:00 AM »
Easymo:

I host fairly often as you know.

My Specs:
Pentium2-266  (Overclocked to 300mhz)
64M of ram
8meg AGP vid card with Permedia2 chipset
(overclocked)
Win98 with 98Lite professional
(makes it win98 without the extra "junk")
Suncom USB stick
keyboard for rudder and throttle
Cable modem

My framerate stays the same, hosting or not.
(avg.  15fps)
Recently, I have experienced very few freezeups when a new player "joins".

To run Aces High:
-I make sure my hard drive is defragmented.
-I reboot the computer
-I "kill" all tasks except "explorer" and "systray"

Freezeups do happen, but it when it does my host usually crashes and when I re-start I usually discover that most of the other hosts have "dissappeared" too.
Why this happens...who knows?