Author Topic: The scourge of FA has arrived on AH!  (Read 749 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
The scourge of FA has arrived on AH!
« on: January 04, 2001, 02:45:00 PM »
Hello everyone,

I feel that I should inform the regular community of AH flyers that I am now patrolling your skies  .  It has only been a little over one week; however, don’t fear… I have a subscription good for at least 60 days.  I need to mention that because of the menacing threads I’ve read about the lousy “2 week’ers”, the whole AH community going to hell, and the need to obviously squelch these players.  Well I can only say that with my involvement I am sure the game will take a drastic down turn.  Now with the sarcasm out of the way, I have only one word for HTC!

WOW

My ratio is crap.  My understanding of physics a little better, i.e. heavy plane in dive bomb past 500 mph is a bit hard to pull out of.  I’ve realigned my joystick three or four times just so I could control the thing on manual take off, not to mention normal flight.  My snap calculations of meters to feet are getting quicker.  I’m waiting for the conversion to stop and realize the “feel” for distance.  Finally did enough research to understand changing my display settings on my desktop did bumpkis, found the “video.cfg” file and got my frame rate from 9 to 30.  Whew, easier to lead them shots when your target doesn’t slide half way across your screen.  All in all, its driving my wife crazy, but hey…  She shouldn’t have bought me the subscription for Christmas if she didn’t want me on the thing, LOL!  I’m having a blast and my learning curve is slowly coming around.

I would like to say thanks to all of AK”whoever”.  I’m pretty sure AK is a squad, but a few of these individuals have been really helpful when I’ve finally gave up and asked a question in the game.  There are others and I apologize for not listing you all; however, I’m paying a lot more attention to staying in the air then the “radio” transmissions.

Also Joann from HTC…  Thank you for assisting my wife.  HTC went above and beyond on this one.  The dilemma for a gift subscription was, the subscription is running even though the receiver hasn’t logged on yet.  They were able to set it up so it was active from my first logon.  Now my only problem is talking the better half into a permanent subscription and dropping FA  .

I’m impressed and happy to be apart of AH.  I look forward to eventually shooting all of you down, hehe.

Zippatuh

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2001, 02:48:00 PM »
Welcome Zippa!  Hope I see you in front of me and not behind! <S>

------------------

~Death Rattlers~
Member of 'MAG-33' (Click here)
Click here for VMF-323 Death Rattlers info
Click here for interviews with other Aces High Squadrons
If you cannot do something well,
learn to enjoy doing it poorly!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2001, 02:51:00 PM »
Zippatuh,

The AKs are a squad.  It is an acronym for "Arabian Knights".  Feel free to check out our web site anytime.

Welcome to Aces High <S>!

AKDejaVu

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2001, 02:53:00 PM »
Welcome to AH! from a fellow Ex-FA'er, I can tell you that you will never want to go back  

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by LJK Raubvogel (edited 01-04-2001).]

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
video.cfg???????

How did you improve your framerate???

------------------
Skernsk
Fat Drunk Bastards

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2001, 03:05:00 PM »

Originally posted by skernsk:
video.cfg???????

How did you improve your framerate???

When I fist installed the game I had the display settings in the game set for the highest resolution.  Looked great, bad for fur balls.  When the "video.cfg" file is removed and the game restarted, you will be prompted to set you display settings again.  I changed to "800x600".  It's a bit more granular but it solved my frame problems.

Zippatuh

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2001, 03:26:00 PM »
Welcome aboard Zippatuh!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2001, 03:30:00 PM »
Welcome aboard, Zippatuh.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2001, 03:42:00 PM »
Howdy Zipu, er Zippie, (hits BACK on browser to get spelling right) er Zippatuh!!!  What is a Zipputah btw?

Oh! And watch out for JG2, they'll recruit you before you're even born!!!    

-Westy

Ice

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2001, 04:20:00 PM »
Heyas Zip!

Welcome to Aces High!

Myself along with others are from KC as well...we get together every so often for BBQ, KC Style

Cyas Up!

Ice

13th TAS

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2001, 04:30:00 PM »
Welcome!

First, drop by the training arena or email myself or any of the other trainers with any questions you have.  If you just want to chat about air combat, that's cool too.    I'm at sconrad@hfx.eastlink.ca if you have questions or want to talk air combat.

Second, you do not have to delete video.cfg to change your video setings.  Upon clicking the Icon for AH, on the first screen there is a "Video" button that will make the changes for you.  I also recomend you try 1024x768, as this resolution is often just as fast as 800x600.  It is for me.  

Third, have fun!  Glad to have you aboard.  

------------------
Lephturn - Chief Trainer
A member of The Flying Pigs  http://www.flyingpigs.com

"A pig is a jolly companion, Boar, sow, barrow, or gilt --
A pig is a pal, who'll boost your morale, Though mountains may topple and tilt.
When they've blackballed, bamboozled, and burned you, When they've turned on you, Tory and Whig,
Though you may be thrown over by Tabby and Rover, You'll never go wrong with a pig, a pig,
You'll never go wrong with a pig!" -- Thomas Pynchon, "Gravity's Rainbow"

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2001, 04:41:00 PM »
Welcome to AH

damn another 2 week dwee.....

LLB OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2001, 05:00:00 PM »
 Actually AK is Alvin Krumcek. A known masturbator, and sheep molester. He flies under different pseudonyms.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2001, 05:10:00 PM »

Actually AK is Alvin Krumcek. A known masturbator, and sheep molester.

Dang easymo.. you say that like its a bad thing.  I'd think he could actually be in our squad, but you made no mention of cross-dressing.

AKDejaVu

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2001, 05:16:00 PM »
Welcome to Aces High! Have you considered joining the Flying Tigers and flying as Rook?

The AKs are a fun bunch and I enjoy flying with them when they are Rook and respect them greatly when they are da emeny. I hardly ever shoot one of them down without having another two on my six.

Rogue