Author Topic: Is it true that Fox News is not allowed in Canada?  (Read 1797 times)

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
Is it true that Fox News is not allowed in Canada?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2004, 01:59:40 PM »
Well I guess that really all depends. Fox News is the only one I see reporting this, and they happen to be not allowed to show their drivel in Canada.

Maybe they're just upset they can't get higher ratings.
-SW

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2004, 02:02:28 PM »
They claim to have higher ratings than CNN and all the other "News" shows combined. I haven't seen anyone refuting that.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2004, 02:04:25 PM »
Well, if they aren't allowed to be shown in Canada - I'd think that would mean 0% up there.
-SW

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2004, 02:10:53 PM »
And as far as our neighbors to the north "training" their kids to hate us, I think our leaders did that just fine.

I could go on and on about why we're in the position we're in, but then I'll be labelled "anti-American" and a "bush hater" because I see things for what they are.

The engines shot out, fuel tanks on fire, canopies stuck - we're going down in flames.
-SW

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2004, 02:12:30 PM »
No doubt Al Jazeera will be very popular there among some. Glad I live in a country where folks can watch what they want rather than what the government thinks best.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2004, 02:13:38 PM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
And as far as our neighbors to the north "training" their kids to hate us, I think our leaders did that just fine.

I could go on and on about why we're in the position we're in, but then I'll be labelled "anti-American" and a "bush hater" because I see things for what they are.

The engines shot out, fuel tanks on fire, canopies stuck - we're going down in flames.
-SW

Now see, that's why you need to watch Fox News. The plane isn't on fire so don't bail just yet.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2004, 02:22:12 PM »
I don't watch any news networks, I can't stand reporters. I get all of my news from the papers or news sites on the web.

Regardless of whether Kerry wins in November, or Bush is re-elected, or the elections are put on hold... that fuel tank is burning.

Bush has made us too many enemies of what used to be allies. Just because nothing is out in the open, doesn't mean there isn't anything developing in the background.
-SW

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2004, 02:24:42 PM »
Those that opposed on us Iraq did so because they either  resented us or had their hand in the cookie jar. Bush only exposed their true sentiments.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2004, 02:25:28 PM »
I will certainly help you with your research.

here is the list I can get on my satalite.
starchoice

here is the list on the competition
bell expressvu

I dont see Fox News or al gazera on either of them.

Here is the digital Cable offering

rogers

Not there either. Not even in the multi cultural area.
We get lots of fox stations. But not fox news.

So Yes it appears that the CRTC has kept Fox News and Al jazera out of canada.

Is al jazeera allowed in the US?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2004, 02:29:25 PM »
From what I read Al Jazeera will be coming to a station near you soon. If there were a demand for Al Jazeera in the US I have little doubt it would be allowed in. Is there no demand for Fox News there? What I've read would seem to suggest otherwise.

Offline Supe

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2004, 02:34:32 PM »
Originally posted by Red Tail 444

It's bad enough it's allowed here, we shouldn't be exporting substandard products, unless, of course, it's substandard weapons to 3rd world countries :rolleyes:

Heheh. Yeah we get enough american news channels up here, especially on my digital cable - I get US superstations and tons of US channels, so missing FOX news isn't a big deal.

Let's face it - FOX News has no idea how to do anything but show young blonde girls in bikinis and toilet humor....

... wait, that sounds good to me. Damn.

Supe

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2004, 02:39:04 PM »
"When your neighbor with open borders is training their kids to hate you, you better care."

How do you think it feels when your much larger neighbor with nukes and the most powerful military in history is brain washing  thier children to hate the world, reject democracy and free thought  and persue global hegonomy?

I am looking out my office window at CVN 72 right this instance. That the thinking of how and where to use such a weapon comes from people that get thier policy decisions from O Reilly chills me.

But dont you worry. Some lick spittle conservative will get in power next year. Make Fox News manditory viewing, sell our hospitals to american corporations and our pension plans to american banks the whole time borrowing billions to fund some stupid kick back scheme disguised as a defense project or something.
Time is on your side. With such a huge and refined attack propoganda culture the US cant lose here. Fear sells. And fox makes a killing peddling it.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2004, 02:39:32 PM »
I'm not entirely sure that the Pope resented us, or had his hands in the cookie jar.

For the other nations, I'm willing to bet it was in part due to a large debt they were owed by Saddam and they wanted their money. Sure, the argument - they supplied weapons etc. We did too, and we propped him up to become who he was. We aren't on the moral highground right there.

In any event, this is all rehashed crap about Iraq that no longer matters. My deal is with the here and now. Bush is continually alienating our allies. Even when they begin to come back to us, he does something else to push them away.

I understand a lot of Americans are all gungho about this "War on Terror" deal, but we will lose if we go it alone. Alienating those who would help by doing a number of careless acts only spells out stupid and dangerous.

Anyway, there are far too many willing to follow the president without questioning any of it. This is why we are here, if it continues - I can only have nightmares about where we will end up.
-SW

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2004, 02:47:22 PM »
At the risk of being repetitive, Bush didn't alienate anyone that didn't already despise us. Better to have those feelings out in the open so we have no false sense of security should the ship truly hit the sand.

Never really cared much what the Pope thought. He needs to get his ducks in a row if he really wants to be the shining example that he should be.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 02:49:52 PM by AKIron »

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2004, 02:49:29 PM »
I suppose, although he did more to make the populace of those places despise than the leaders who already despised us.
-SW