Author Topic: HTC - Bring Back Big Maps!  (Read 7215 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
HTC - Bring Back Big Maps!
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2004, 02:37:39 PM »
Originally posted by Grimm
Iv no problem with Hornets.  

Probably most folks feel that way, its just your association with a certain extremely questionable individual that sets everyone off.    The flight community has a long memory and will probably never forget.  Rightfuly so I might add.

Exactly.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2004, 02:42:29 PM »
Originally posted by Lazer
I don't know anything about this Voss crap

If your interested,  take a stroll thru this thread
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64327&highlight=scorpion

Greyeagles comments probably give the most insight into why people react so venomously.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2004, 02:51:16 PM »
Originally posted by sax
Hornets are a great bunch , Nexx is a friend always will be.

As far as Voss , the guy may or may not have changed who knows. I personally will never associate with him under what ever name.
The Voss who belonged to the 13th was arrogant , a lier , and a manipulator.
He loved to stir up trouble , especially on the BBS and then scurry for cover to await his squaddies to come to his defense . It was kinda his sick way to get attention.

If he is a member of the Hornets and contributes possitively to thier squad online and offline , well best of luck to both.

Hmm sounds exactly like what he has done here....yet again. Changed?...I think not! Same old jerk! :rolleyes:
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2004, 02:56:27 PM »
Originally posted by sax
Hornets are a great bunch , Nexx is a friend always will be.

Hey Sax, thank you for your kind words! :)  I owe 13th TAS and you guys for teaching me everything! :)  
NEXX

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2004, 03:10:31 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
well, if you know hornets as well as you say you do, you should know me?

I should ?!? Where did I say I know every single person in the potatonets? I said I know "MANY" of them, you are not one I know. Feel better now? ;)

Zazen

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2004, 03:16:24 PM »
Originally posted by ESB
Zazen, why don't i give you a shovel so you can dig urself a bigger hole.

We take bases taht are undefended because we are not mindless furballers, we do like to use tactics. The whole objective of the game is to take as many bases as possible, fighting round a base with 30 other people does nothing, going for an undefended base and droppign the hangers is called tactics, we can't be score potatos if there's no one upping to kill.

Ummmm, dude, maybe for the thrill of experiencing virtual air to air combat?!?!? What is the thrill in milkrunning undefended bases? Most people who are forking over 15 bucks a month are doing so because they enjoy the air to air combat for it's own sake. Paying 15 bucks a month to fly a WW2 Combat Flight Simulator just to  be a non-combatant real estate broker seems somewhat lame to me. But, hey that's just one fighter dweebs opinion. In the end you, Metapotato, and the potatonets do whatever gets your rocks off. Just don't punish the rest of us by demanding we play in giant spacious vacuums that are disproportionately large relative to the number of players just so you can have your lil' milkrun parties in peace, is all.

Have a nice day! :cool:

Zazen
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 03:31:01 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2004, 03:22:19 PM »
Paying money each month to play a game where all you do (or stive to) is bomb inanimate, pixelated objects that don't fight back is like forking over a subscription to an online racing sim and being the shuttle bus driver making runs for people going between the grand stands and the parking lot.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2004, 03:23:48 PM »
Originally posted by Westy
Paying money each month to play a game where all you do (or stive to) is bomb inanimate, pixelated objects that don't fight back is like forking over a subscription to an online racing sim and being the shuttle bus driver making runs for people going between the grand stands and the parking lot.

ROFLMFAO, very apt anology Westy. That's exactly it! And they're mad because on the smaller maps ALL the fields are defended, so they can't just fight the pixels alone, in peace. They've got to fight other people! How rediculous is that! The fact that they pay good money to play a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER COMBAT Sim then endeavor to avoid combat altogether and play alone with the defenseless pixels is even more rediculous.

Zazen
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 03:35:10 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2004, 03:28:45 PM »
The 418th are fun to fly against.  They're often coordinated and determined.  Voss is a headcase and obviously score-obsessed, but I wouldn't let one bad apple soil my impression of the rest of them.  Good bunch.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2004, 03:33:53 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
The 418th are fun to fly against.  They're often coordinated and determined.  Voss is a headcase and obviously score-obsessed, but I wouldn't let one bad apple soil my impression of the rest of them.  Good bunch.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Probably true to a limited extent, but unfortunately for the potatonets, Metapotato has designated himself as their official spokesperson, so he tends to cast aspersions on the rest of them by association as he has done in the past and continues to do.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 03:37:20 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2004, 03:34:38 PM »
Originally posted by Westy

And who exactly does that?  It's boring if you don't get any opposition.
NEXX

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2004, 03:36:17 PM »
Originally posted by Replicant
And who exactly does that?  It's boring if you don't get any opposition.

The potatonets do according to Metapotato and ESB's posts here. You should read their posts, they're your squaddies and are indirectly speaking on your behalf. :eek:

Zazen
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 03:38:43 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2004, 03:45:37 PM »
Zazen i know your having fun baiting and netting the lil fishes.
However continually insulting the entire squad by referring to them as potatonets when you have a problem with an individual is unwarranted.
I would hope you could appreciate that fact and alter the target of your insults accordingly.

As for how the guys decide to play the game, paying their subs earns you the right to criticise them.

One things for sure, for this Hornet you can trawl back as far as you like and will never find the slightest hint of me flying for score.

And attacking undefended fields is totally boring and a waste of time, in fact i even find vulching a defended field boring as well and rarely bother.

Zazen the 418th is a large squad if some are happy attacking undefended fields good luck to them they pays their money, but again to call the whole squad is going too far.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 03:58:46 PM by 214thCavalier »

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2004, 03:55:29 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I should ?!? Where did I say I know every single person in the potatonets? I said I know "MANY" of them, you are not one I know. Feel better now? ;)

Zazen

So... you generalising a large squad, by the 1 or 2 you know...  which is the point i was getting to, and said in my first post here:-

Originally posted by Furball

For a start, Hornets have a large squadron.  Some like the GV aspect, others rarely touch them.  Some like to play for rank.

Which is what i was trying to get at. Its a big squad and everyone is good at their own thing, just counted the roster on squad score pages, and we have 52 members in 2 wings.  And you are calling us potatonets because of the 1 or 2 you know.

dumbarse.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Lazer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2004, 03:56:11 PM »
hahah.. Where is this GreyEagle guy?

I like him... :D