Author Topic: U.S. and Israel  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2004, 09:51:48 PM »
well ok technically you weren't kidding... but maybe being a wise-arse because the reason the US supports Israel has not much, I think, to do with the US citizen's desire for rapture. :)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2004, 09:58:24 PM »
There are quite a few that believe George Bush is a christian zionist.
sand

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2004, 10:04:59 PM »
ah okay... that's over my head... I think Marley mentioned Zion once but that's the most I know of it.

It's the reason why I never get involved in Israel threads :)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2004, 10:08:18 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
ahh the rapture!

Now this would be an interesting topic for discussion, among the believers/religious people, etc.........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2004, 11:11:32 PM »
I Support Isreal, because as bad as they are, they are still better then the Pals, or most of the other arabs countries.

I can not support a people who strap bombs to their kids.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 02:49:20 AM »
So you support a country which is using apartheid, uses caterpillars for destroying often innocent people¨s houses, shoots missiles to apartment buildings knowing there are innocent people living there, occupies areas of other countries and is practising "Lebensraum"-policy the nazies were famous about.

OK.

Offline AVRO1

• Copper Member
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2004, 08:45:22 AM »
I refuse to support Israel just like I refuse to support the Palestinians because they are both acting uncivilized.

Did Israel pay anything to the Pals who got their houses destroyed so that Sharon could build is wall?  Nope

In situations like this you should ask yourself one question:
If my gov did that to me, would I be outraged?
If you answer yes then you should not support it.
If you do you are an hypocrit.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2004, 09:53:52 AM »
I'm fairly certain that all US-Israeli policy is conducted with the singular goald of getting Pongo's shorts in a knot.

This is the one constant in our ME policy.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2004, 10:23:24 AM »
Originally posted by AVRO1

Did Israel pay anything to the Pals who got their houses destroyed so that Sharon could build is wall?  Nope

Did the Pals pay anything to the people who had their businesses destoyed by the suicide bombers that are supported by Arafat?  Nope

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »
Yeah Staga.

Just like I assume you support a people willing to send kids to blow up inocents in public places.

Like I said both sides suck, the pals just suck more.

The second the Pals smarten up and stop using terrorist tactics, I will switch sides. If they used peacfull protests like the ones used in the south here, they would get their goals and would have the moral high ground.

Sending their people out with TNT for belts does not give them that, even with the bull dozers and walls.

Your Nazi comparison is not going to work very well, unless the IDF starts making large ovens.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 10:31:42 AM by GtoRA2 »

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2004, 10:34:04 AM »
In 1968, Martin Luther King Jr., addressed his listeners with the following words:

"You declare that you do not hate Jews, you are merely anti-Zionist. And I say, let the truth ring forth from high on the mountaintops... When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews... What is anti-Zionism? It is the denial of the Jewish people of a fundamental right that we justly claim for the people of Africa and freely accord all other nations of the globe.''

Offline Zwerg

• Copper Member
Re: U.S. and Israel
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2004, 10:46:29 AM »
Originally posted by 1K3
Why does USA support/protect Israel and its special interest? What do we have there that is so important to the U.S.?

1. Israel is a democracy. Means: USA (and Europe) share the same values and ideas.

2. Israel is an important ally in an area of global interest (oil)

I think these 2 points show the bandwidth between idealistic and materialistic motives to support israel.

Perhaps in the last 20 years point 2 went ahead of point 1. But this may change back in the future.
To be even more clear: I think Sharon is a big handicap for Israel and the sooner he leaves the better. (Except for the case that he is followed by somebody like Netanjahu)

Offline AVRO1

• Copper Member
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2004, 01:38:53 PM »
Originally posted by Krusher
Did the Pals pay anything to the people who had their businesses destoyed by the suicide bombers that are supported by Arafat?  Nope

No, but 2 wrongs still don't make one right.

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2004, 12:36:37 AM »
Forget it Krusher

Any one that believes that Israel and palistine are morally equal is to far gone already.

Offline AVRO1

• Copper Member
U.S. and Israel
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2004, 06:26:47 AM »
Originally posted by demaw1
Any one that believes that Israel and palistine are morally equal is to far gone already.

The Palestinian leadership is no better then the Israeli one.

Why do people always interpret what you write on these boards. Sharon had a village full of people shelled while Arafat is suppporting people blowing themselves up to kill innocents.

Bottom line is simple: If they condone the killing of innocents they are criminals. If you support one killing of innocents then why not the other? It's either ok or it's not.
It might be idealistic but it's true.

I don't make distinction between races, I consider every individual by their actions.