Author Topic: quiting the game  (Read 556 times)

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
quiting the game
« on: July 11, 2004, 11:26:30 PM »
Due to the fact that the Rooks have a minimum of 50 people on line than anyone else 24/7 i'm leaving the game.  I'm sick and tired of the constant hording gangbangiing and all the slobber donkys who swich sides only to be on the team with the most people.. It's been real but it hasn't been fun:(
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Re: quiting the game
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 11:44:09 PM »
Originally posted by meddog
Due to the fact that the Rooks have a minimum of 50 people on line than anyone else 24/7 i'm leaving the game.  I'm sick and tired of the constant hording gangbangiing and all the slobber donkys who swich sides only to be on the team with the most people.. It's been real but it hasn't been fun:(

Not sure when you play, but with the exception of prime-time Sunday night numbers are fairly equal. All weekend this weekend there were never +-10 people difference between the 3 teams.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
quiting the game
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 12:14:39 AM »
Med I feel your pain.  

After the TAS decided to switch to the Rooks, for the last couple of months,  for a change of pace and to get a fresh view of the game, I have noticed a few things and have gotten a refreshed view of the game.  

Disclaimer:  My expieriances are mosty based on US EST time anywhere from 6PM through 1 or 2 AM.  Some Saturdays and a few Sundays. ( An hour here or an hour there. )

The Rooks most definately have the numbers till about midnight, on most week nights, then things begin to even out and even some late nights they are out numbered.  It's no news, but the rooks work well together and there are alot of check sixes.  But to be honest when there are so many friendlies around, it's hard not to get them.  I see this with both the Knights and Bish as well and have started to think that when there are few check sizes flying, either everyones hands are full or they are too busy watching their own 6s.  ;)

The Bish seem to be outnumbered all the time.  I have only been a bish since the start of this tour, so my statement is a little premature, but it always seems like I am doing some sort of base defense and every where I turn there is a horde, North, South, East or West lol.

The knights you know well enough and to be honest seem to have it a little easier than the Bish, but again that is my first impression so far.

Before you quit I would recommend a tour around the arena.  It is nice to fight guys you fly with all the time and with a different group of people.

You notice every country is the same.  I see just as many runners and just as many "Major Nelsons" no matter what country I'm in.

Plus it's cool to fly with the other squads your normally fighting against.  I had a blast as a Rook, it reminded me of the days when the Dam Knights had so many people on and always had the numbers.  It's a blast flying with Bish now as well.

I say before you quit take a vacation from your country.  Try to talk your squad into it.  You'll all be glad you did.  And if you have before, maybe it's time to.  

Hope to see you stay.

BTW I am getting this Strange lust for Sheep since the beggining of the tour, not sure what that's about yet :D

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
quiting the game
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 07:34:51 AM »
Oh Mars you slay me :rofl

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
quiting the game
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 08:46:26 AM »
Depends when you play.  Mornings GMT (when Aussies and Japanese are online - their evenings) then Rooks often outnumber Knights and Bishops.  Of course during this time you're most likely in bed though so it's irrelevent really, doh! :)
NEXX

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
quiting the game
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 11:34:06 AM »
Just fly the CT...most individuals / squads here switch sides to even gameplay out. Furthermore, the maps are excellent, the fights are more fun, and the overall gamesmanship is far more appealing than the MA nonsense.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
quiting the game
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 12:16:50 PM »
Why didn't you quit when the rooks were in the bucket and being ganged by the others?

Offline J318

• Zinc Member
quiting the game
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 02:58:41 PM »
H2h my friend H2h

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
quiting the game
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 03:25:50 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
Why didn't you quit when the rooks were in the bucket and being ganged by the others?

The obvious answer is, cause he's just fine with numerical disparity unless it's him that's outnumbered, so long as it's the 'other' he has no problem with it.

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
quiting the game
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 03:42:31 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
The obvious answer is, cause he's just fine with numerical disparity unless it's him that's outnumbered, so long as it's the 'other' he has no problem with it.

The stupidity and inaccuracy of this quote doesn't even measure up to a posting a reply.  But to make a statement like that would entail that you have some first hand knowledge as to who I am and what or how I think and since I don't know you, then you certainly don't know me so I would appreciate if you would keep those kinds of baseless comments to your self.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
quiting the game
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 03:49:48 PM »
The stupidity and inaccuracy of this quote doesn't even measure up to a posting a reply.  But to make a statement like that would entail that you have some first hand knowledge as to who I am and what or how I think and since I don't know you, then you certainly don't know me so I would appreciate if you would keep those kinds of baseless comments to your self.

Ok, set the record straight then! Why didn't you quit when Rooks were outnumbered 2 to 1 by Knights 24/7? But, now that Knights are sometimes outnumbered by a much smaller margin you cancel your account? I would love to be "set-straight"...enlighten me, Please!, self-righteous one!

Zazen
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 04:36:39 PM by Zazen13 »

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
quiting the game
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 05:40:33 PM »
Once again your making assumptions of a situation that you don't know what your talking about.  Your assuming I was playing this game when the Knights out numbered the Rooks 24/7.  And the way I've seen it, the Rooks out numbered both the Knights and the Bish 24/7 since AH2 came out.  I live on the East Coast and If I logged on in the Am, the Rooks had the most, late afternoon/early evening, again the Rooks, late evening, once again the Rooks and it's not by a small margin unless you concider a minimum of 30-50 people a small margin. Last night was the first time in a while i've seen the Knights with the numbers.  I think what pisses me off the most are all the non- squad members who switch to the side with the most numbers which creates an even larger imbalance, which in turn encourages more people to switch sides.  I'll probably keep playing just to annoy you

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
quiting the game
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2004, 05:45:20 PM »
Last night was the first time in a while i've seen the Knights with the numbers.  

Ahhhh, so you never actually cancelled your account after all! You just created this thread as a forum for some good 'ole fashioned pissin' and moanin'! It's all very clear now! :aok

Thank-You for clarifying the situation! ;)

Zazen

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
quiting the game
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »
no I was going to quit but all my friends kept bugging me not to and then you showed up now i've made up my mind to stay just so i can pluck your last nerve:aok

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
quiting the game
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2004, 09:45:04 PM »
no I was going to quit but all my friends kept bugging me not to and then you showed up now i've made up my mind to stay just so i can pluck your last nerve:aok

Well, so long as you keep paying your 15 bucks a month! Glad to be of service to HTC. They'll be happy to know my very prescence increases their subscribership and gross revenue! :aok

Zazen