Author Topic: Ct  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Ct
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2004, 04:05:59 PM »
Bug reports forum has been mentioning combat trim is malfunctioning on several rides. Probably including the 109's that have been having these problems in the CT. Just disable it for now, and that might/should fix the problem (??)

Offline 1Duke1

• Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2004, 04:07:01 PM »
I flew the G-10 earlier today to see if I could repeat the behavior you all are reporting.  Didn't happen.  I flew with combat trim on and off....with flaps at one notch, and without...down to 100kts both on the deck and at altitude...nada.  She flew as smooth as a baby's bottom.   Deej was also there and can attest to this also.

What stick settings are you all using?  Early on, I had all my sliders set to the top, AND I was having some probs with stalling...so changed all settings to default, and have not had a problem since.

One thing to note....any plane that is flying slow with high AOA is not made to be yanked and banked...slow deliberate control movements are a must, or you will depart.  Also when slow, you have to be dancing on the rudder pedals in order not to depart....this is a definite change from the AH1 flight model that I have noticed in all planes.
Duke

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Ct
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2004, 04:13:08 PM »
I found the same thing as Duke, flew great with and without combat trim. My sliders are all at default also.

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Ct
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2004, 07:24:26 PM »
default sliders here too, with no issues.

Offline Dogsta04

• Zinc Member
      • http://http://www.geocities.com/no800sqdn/index.html
Ct
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2004, 07:59:45 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
not stall limiter - combat trim

do you use it or do you manual trim?

both stall limiter (whatever that is) and combat trim should be "off" - manual trim and try it

Stall Limiter off (never used it)
Combat Trim Off ( only use it during transit flights to and from fight)

Originally posted by ergRTC
looks like crying to me, last week everything luftwaffe was fine, and there has been no update.

actualy! since the CT came up I and a few of my friends have noticed these problems, most notably the 109F, no longer the climber/turner it once was. During BETA the 109's Seemed to to have gotten quite the boost. the G-10 was able to climb turn out of nearly any knife fight. the 109 F4 was able to turn with and out climb the Spits and Yaks and LA7's (Spiral Climb manuver) now it stalls out violently at slow speeds flaps / no flaps. I will try reseting my sliders, but in the past at default settings I would get the "Do not move so rapid" messages.

Saitek X-45 USB
CH PRO USB Pedals
Win XP Pro
AMD Athalon 1.2 GHZ
512mb sdram
nVidia FX 5200 128mb
Soundblaster Live Value

is 2.5 years old, and still giving 40-75 FPS

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
Ct
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2004, 12:37:26 AM »
I am having the same problem with the G10 and 6.  After reading the posts here I went into the arena hoping to discover I had accidentally turned on the stall limiter... etc.  Discovered all my slider settings were whacked and reset em to default.  Jumped into the TA and eagerly took up a G10 thinking "oh please let this be it".  NO luck.  Still have the same violent stall where both wings will wildly drop off at low speeds.
SIGH
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2004, 07:17:40 AM »
I think you guys just need to get used to the planes again, or for the first time in some cases.  The g10s I was fighting with last night didnt have issues.  I wish they had!

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Ct
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2004, 07:49:29 AM »
For now everyone (especially 109 pilots), please turn off combat trim and stall limiter.  It isn't working right (or it's working right, just not 100%, or we're all wrong and no one has a clue).

I'm sure with the next patch a lot of these issues will be addressed.

In the mean time, can someone check the 190's, La5, Yaks to see if the stall limiter is working?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
Ct
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2004, 08:46:23 AM »
The g10s kill ratio is 2:1 vs both la5s and yak9u's.  Seems like somebody can fly it.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Ct
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2004, 09:28:39 AM »
I think some still fly the planes like they have AH1 chutes attached to them

the g2 turns just fine with proper loadout
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
Ct
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2004, 11:35:03 AM »
I rarely fly any of the lw planes.  Never much got the hang of that style of fighting in AHI.  Which brings me to my question ...

... do you think maybe you shouldn't be stall-fighting in 109s in the first place?

I thought those planes were best kept fast, with energy up -- I was always told that ESPECIALLY the G-10 and G-6 versions were supposed to be lousy turnfighters.  

The spiral-climb problem could be either a) a real bug, or b) the possibility that some people got accustomed to/learned on AHI'S old, incorrect modeling and need to re-learn.

Anyway, for shts&grns I took up a G6 offline.  A plane I almost NEVER flew in AHI.  Seemed to handle like a dream at low speeds.  I was doing slow-speed barrel rolls, hanging on the prop, hammerheads ... even recovering from induced stalls -- which I found rather difficult to induce.

But I'm a yanker/banker by trade.  Maybe I'm more at home in that environment?

And what's this crap about stall limiter?  It shouldn't be enabled in the first place in CT.  And if it is, you're talking about a mostly-veteran population that wouldn't be stupid enough to use it in the first place.  Right?

Combat trim another matter.  It's used on/off depending on situation by even the best sticks.

And finally ... this "perception" of a problem is not limited to LW planes, so there's no vast conspiracy.  The other night at least one person was beatching constantly about stalls in the Yak.
FWIW I've had absolutely no problem in that regard with the 9T.

Personally, I just think it's a matter of a few folks getting used to a new flight model that's supposed to better reflect reality.

Splash1

storch

Ct
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2004, 11:45:24 AM »
Originally posted by Dennis
I rarely fly any of the lw planes.  Never much got the hang of that style of fighting in AHI.  Which brings me to my question ...

... do you think maybe you shouldn't be stall-fighting in 109s in the first place?

I thought those planes were best kept fast, with energy up -- I was always told that ESPECIALLY the G-10 and G-6 versions were supposed to be lousy turnfighters.  

The spiral-climb problem could be either a) a real bug, or b) the possibility that some people got accustomed to/learned on AHI'S old, incorrect modeling and need to re-learn.

Anyway, for shts&grns I took up a G6 offline.  A plane I almost NEVER flew in AHI.  Seemed to handle like a dream at low speeds.  I was doing slow-speed barrel rolls, hanging on the prop, hammerheads ... even recovering from induced stalls -- which I found rather difficult to induce.

But I'm a yanker/banker by trade.  Maybe I'm more at home in that environment?

And what's this crap about stall limiter?  It shouldn't be enabled in the first place in CT.  And if it is, you're talking about a mostly-veteran population that wouldn't be stupid enough to use it in the first place.  Right?

Combat trim another matter.  It's used on/off depending on situation by even the best sticks.

And finally ... this "perception" of a problem is not limited to LW planes, so there's no vast conspiracy.  The other night at least one person was beatching constantly about stalls in the Yak.
FWIW I've had absolutely no problem in that regard with the 9T.

Personally, I just think it's a matter of a few folks getting used to a new flight model that's supposed to better reflect reality.

Splash1

I think you have hit the nail on the head!!! You owe me a 109G-2 radiator now pay up!

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Ct
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2004, 12:01:44 PM »
I know conventional wisdom says that you shouldnt stallfight the G-10, but I find that it turns quite well. It wont turn inside a Spit, but it can turn surprizingly well. I find that most planes that arent supposed to turn well can turn well enough to get the decisive advantage on the majority of folks who arent expecting it (NOBODY expects the Spanish Inqusition!!). I stallfight every plane in the inventory (even buffs) and I find they all have more harsh stall behavior than AHI, but it does not seem  worse in any one particular plane.

This "turning in a plane that is not supposed to turn well" tactic only works against people that dont take risks, and it virtually never works against someone really on their game like Bug, Slash, Duke, Arlo, or most of JG54. They see it coming, and will take a risk, while most dont and get whacked.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Ct
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2004, 12:33:10 PM »
(NOBODY expects the Spanish Inqusition!!)

Hehe :)
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Phantom4

• Copper Member
Ct
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2004, 01:07:02 PM »
I agree with splash, I am definitely a yanker and banker and will stall fight in plane anytime.  Seldom flew 109's in Ah1 and mostly 109f4's if i did.  Flew both the g10 and the g2 in CT last night absolutely loved em - had a ball stall fighting yaks.  Found that with a little patience, the 109's were very competitive if not superior to the yak.  Never found 109's to be so forgiving but maybe I have changed more than the flight model ?

Phantom4