Author Topic: They must be out of their minds...  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
They must be out of their minds...
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2004, 03:16:17 PM »
jeez come on guys don't you get it?  The war on terror was supposed to be a long drawn out war that lasted 3 years or less to win!  I mean come on it's not like there's a clear cut enemy like in WW1 or WW2 ya know?  How hard is it to hunt down some sheep hearders anway?

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2004, 03:16:38 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
There have been terrorist attacks against the US for much longer than just 4 years. They didn't stop when we sat around and did nothing and they won't go away if we relent now.

Other than the attack on the WTCs, what other terroist attacks have we suffered in our homeland? I mean the original WTC attack.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2004, 03:17:38 PM »
TDV,

he didn't say attacks against our homeland.  He said attacks on the US.  Read your post, you quoted his.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2004, 03:19:42 PM »
We have had a bunch, dating back to the late fifties.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2004, 03:21:48 PM »
Originally posted by Udie
TDV,

he didn't say attacks against our homeland.  He said attacks on the US.  Read your post, you quoted his.

I know what he said.. I said what I said for purpose..

If we cant secure OUR nation, what business have we around the world? If we cant be protected here, why attempt to protect Iraqi?

My point is it will be hard to kill 3,000 plus non-military americans anywhere but here in America.. I would hope whomever is president would protect us first..

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2004, 09:37:16 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
We have had a bunch, dating back to the late fifties.

I disagree.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2004, 09:57:24 PM »
And you would be wrong:

1950 Assassination attempt on President Truman. Puerto Rican nationalist kill one District of Columbia policeman during an attempted assassination of President Harry S. Truman outside of Blair House in Washington, D.C.

1954 Shooting in the U.S. House of Representatives. Five members of Congress are wounded by gunfire during an attack by Puerto Rican nationalist on the U.S. House of Representatives.

1972 Fraunces Tavern Bombing. Four people die in this bombing at a historic tavern in downtown New York City. The Puerto Rican nationalist group FALN is blamed for the attack, one of the 49 bombings in New York attributed to them between 1974 and 1977

1975 LaGuardia Airport Bombing. Eleven are killed, 75 are injured in this attack by Croatian nationalists at this New York City Airport.

1976 Letelier Assassination. Orlando Letelier, the former Chilean ambassador to the United States, is killed by a car bomb in Washington, D.C. The bomb, planted by Chile's Pinochet government, also kills one of Letelier's associates while injuring another.

1981 Kennedy Airport Bombing. One man is killed when a bomb planted by a group calling itself the Puerto Rican Armed Resistance goes off in a men's bathroom at New York City's international airport.

1983 U.S. Senate Bombing. A bomb goes off in the cloak room next to U.S. Senate in the Capitol Building. Two left-wing radicals plead guilty to the attack.

1993 World Trade Center Bombing

1995 Oklahoma City Bombing

1996 Olympic Bombing

1997 Abortion Clinic Bombing

We won't even bother to discuss the rash of airplane hijackings from the early 60's on or the looneys of the 1960s and 70s.

Offline hawker238

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2004, 10:08:18 PM »
I know there have been other incidents, I was just to lazy to go find them.

I found another internet search tool. :D

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2004, 10:12:54 PM »
Uh-huh.  Feel free to use it before you make yourself look goofy.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2004, 01:58:26 AM »
If Al Quieda can hit that many polling places to affect the vote outcome, then we have a much bigger thing to worry about.
FWIW, they don't.
I don't like the door open for postponing ANY election.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2004, 02:08:40 AM »
How many would they have to blow up before many thousands were too afraid to go vote?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2004, 08:07:48 AM »
How many would they have to blow up before many thousands were too afraid to go vote?

only a few imo

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2004, 08:27:21 AM »
How many polling places have to be closed before the loser declares the election unfair?

lazs