Author Topic: AH named "Sim of the Year"  (Read 407 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
AH named "Sim of the Year"
« on: January 05, 2001, 12:44:00 PM »
This is from an unbiased review site.

ONLINE FLIGHT SIM OF THE YEAR
 http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/features/bestof2000/

Congrats and WTG HTC.
Dago

From the review:
                                          Aces High
                                             Boy, is this a tough category to decide.  The proverbial new kid on the block, Aces High, has attracted a lot of attention for its flight model,looks, and for being the first out of the gates with a true air / land / sea battle.  The recently released v105 includes naval vessels into an arena already brimming with fighters, bombers, tanks, and land vehicles. That component is a big factor in our decision, but so is the seemingly endless line of support HiTech Creations has put out for their product.  These guys have just been working their tails off in 2000, putting out patches and upgrades seemingly as fast as their community asks for them.  We wish there were more special events at Aces High...that part of the game still hasn't seen its full potential.  We also wish there were more flexible payment options.  However, other than those details, we like it....a lot.  if you want to see a company going 120% for its customers and a product that has come a long ways in a short time, check out Aces High.  It's simply great.

[This message has been edited by Dago (edited 01-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Dago (edited 01-05-2001).]
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2001, 01:13:00 PM »
A very nice day to be an AH pom-pom carrying chear leader!!

Rah, rah, ruh ruh!!  GOOOoooo AYTHCE  TEE SEE!!

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2001, 01:21:00 PM »
 Now my question is which one of you lowlifes is going to be the first to post this info over at agw ?  .

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
 Revvin did the duty there.

-Westy

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
lol easymo.

Why, Ripsnort of course...

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2001, 01:37:00 PM »
ok westy, I gotta go check that out. I'm sure there will be fireworks...

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
Actually, its just not fun squeezing the dogs tail over at AGW as much as it used to be...look for Rip to back off on the AGW girls for a spell, they're 'just too easy'...

Offline Grendel

• Silver Member
      • http://www.compart.fi/icebreakers
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2001, 02:05:00 PM »
Um?

And your problem is, what?

With posting the information to AGW as soon as possible? You imagine we're all going to drop dead right away?

Hey, we have two good competing simulators, each with their good and bad points. What forces you trying to create hostility between the two communities, when both really share similar interest at same thing - flying WW2 aircraft against other people?

I don't understand you people. I've flown online from 1994 and I have no problems with Aces High existing. Neither with Air Warrior III or Fighter Ace II.

Ripsnort, so you like to make fights? To provoke other people? You bully people in the streets too?

Hey, you know, both games and communities can live in peace and be friends. The finnish conventions are open both to WarBirds and Aces High  people. We had WB and AH people in Holland in EuroCon too - and it didn't diddlying matter what you flew, I didn't even know what everybody flew. And we had great fun! As Duckwing, thats one AH pilot I managed to identify. No need to purposedly create flamewars between the two communities.

------------------
VLeLv Icebreakers
Überfinns Perkele

LJK Raubvogel

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2001, 02:06:00 PM »
Wtg HTC! Well deserved praise!

(I sense an MG sighting on this board real soon)  

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
LuftJägerKorps

[This message has been edited by LJK Raubvogel (edited 01-05-2001).]

Offline Grendel

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2001, 02:09:00 PM »
Well, and the one thing I was going to say before that "those WB people are sure going to roll over dead" anti reaction kicked in:

GREAT, Hitech and all!

It is great to have healthy simulations that gather good press. I wrote about the state of flight sims in a column just this week (finnish), and it is great that this piece of hard work is recognized. It will make good for AH as well as the whole flight sim industry.

------------------
VLeLv Icebreakers
Überfinns Perkele

lazs

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2001, 02:13:00 PM »
admit it rip.... u had more fun on argos when I was on the other side of the fence.
lazs

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2001, 02:47:00 PM »
Congrats HTC! Everyone who fly's here knows you guys earned it! <S!> and well done!

------------------
Sundog
VMF-111 Devildogs
'Criticism is always easier then craftmanship.'

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2001, 02:57:00 PM »
Damn straight! WTG HTC, you guys and girls kick serious bellybutton  .

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Grendel

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2001, 03:30:00 PM »
I'm quoting two messages from Alt.Games.WarBirds related to Aces High's achievement. Not much else I can anymore add. Live in harmony.

Kieren:

I think something both communities could do less of is making a positive a negative so quickly...

Vertigo

Congratulations to HTC and Aces High!

AH has a lot of promise. The mission planner is one of the coolest features I've ever seen, I'd love to have that in WarBirds. I think HTC has a great simulation, but it is held back primarily by their very weird "community". In fact, the only thing keeping me from reopening my account there are the AH Pompom Team guys that can be counted on to show up here daily. They mean well (I assume), but their bumbling sales pitches do more damage to AH's reputation than anything IEN could do or say.

Rip, Miko, some friendly advice: the hard sell, confrontational technique you use was old in the 50's, and it's still old. I know you want people to appreciate AH as much as you guys do, but really, this technique doesn't work with informed consumers, and the guys here are most definitely informed consumers. The approach you use drives off much more business than you generate. The natural reaction of most people is that if something requires that kind of sales approach, then it probably sucks. AH most definitely does not suck, but you make people wonder what the problem is. You need a new gig, as you are doing AH a huge disservice.

Again, congrats to HTC and AH!

------------------
VLeLv Icebreakers
Überfinns Perkele
http://www.compart.fi/icebreakers

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2001, 05:11:00 PM »
Bloody hell!!!
Congrats HT, Pyro,Superfly,Nate,Ronni, Yankee and Skuzzy!
Accurate and well deserved praise!
Keep it up!