Author Topic: Help pleses!  (Read 633 times)

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Help pleses!
« on: July 14, 2004, 11:26:03 PM »
Okay guys,

For some reason when I try to load Internet Explorer. It acts like it wants to load but then it just stops. I called my internet provider. We tried everything, But nothign would work. I had a thing called p2p networking. Cause i used to have kazza. All this week my IE has been acting weird. Not being able to go to some sites. He told me that I got spyware on my computer. I reall dont want to reformat my HD so can somebody tell me any good spyware remover sites. I am using msn explorer and i dont really like it but it will have to do. Also the support operator told me that I shoudl call my computer manufacturer. And get them to walk me thru reinstalling IE. But the wait is going to be like 2hours. I reall dont want to wait that long. Pleses help anybody

thanks,

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Help pleses!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 11:28:41 PM »
Do a google search for Adaware. It's free and works well, also try Spybot.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline zabe

• Zinc Member
How'd you get here?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 11:31:04 PM »
Seaqrch for ADAWARE and SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY.

They should help

Offline RTStuka

• Silver Member
Help pleses!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 11:36:37 PM »
Be carefull when you call the computer manufacturer if you have any downloaded software that may be illegal on your computer. I had a friend in college with a similar problem, the college I attended was a very large computer science school so we had a pretty advanced tech support right on campus. So my friend calls them up, they help him out but in the process find all the songs and movies he had and then sent his name to a bunch of people and next thing he gets a letter from microsoft telling him he needed to remove it all.  They even sent someone from tech support to search his computer 2 weeks later.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Help pleses!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 11:38:01 PM »
Your computer is probably much like the one I use for downloading stuff via p2p. I used Kazza for a long time before I made the change to a couple other P2P programs out there. For the most part, and I know you aren't going to like to hear this, you are screwed. I had so much spyware installed on my system that no matter how many scans I did to remove the stuff it just came back time and time again. Adaware would go through and remove what it found, I would then go back and do another scan right after than and it found more crap, all of the same things that it found before.

Basicly you will more than likely just have to reformat and do a fresh install. Back up what you want to save and get it done.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Help pleses!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 11:41:28 PM »
When it get's to far, a reformat is the way to go.

Sucks, but when your back up, antivirus, spybot, adware etc. on a regular basis it the way to go.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Help pleses!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 11:42:28 PM »
And Kazaa is a DEFINATE NO..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Help pleses!
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 11:44:59 PM »
I am dowloading spybot now. Hope it works yeah I had kazza. Its one of the reason I had got money for this computer;).I. But I got p2p off my computer and kazza.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 12:01:42 AM by jetb123 »

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Help pleses!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 11:46:25 PM »
O if i have to reformatt can somebody walk me thru it.:o  I want to save some stuff if i have to reformatt.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Help pleses!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 11:47:40 PM »
Its fun having your own buisness

eh? lol nm
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Help pleses!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 11:48:54 PM »
OMG already it has found over 30 entries of spyware:o . This is sad I will never get kazza again.

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Help pleses!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 11:51:49 PM »
Have you tried Windows update for critical updates?

Offline jetb123

• Silver Member
Help pleses!
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2004, 11:51:54 PM »
A total of 69 problems found sheez.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Help pleses!
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2004, 11:52:09 PM »
Originally posted by jetb123
Its one of the reason I had got money for this computer. Its fun having your own buisness. But I got p2p off my computer and kazza. selling cds 5bucks a pop. :D

Pssst .... that's not a business ... .that's piracy. You need to learn to be careful or you won't have that nice toy much longer.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2004, 11:56:35 PM by Arlo »

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
Help pleses!
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2004, 01:55:56 AM »
Originally posted by jetb123
A total of 69 problems found sheez.

only 69? LOL when I checked out my parents computer initially I found 597 problems.
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!