Author Topic: The Maps  (Read 276 times)

Offline xBarrelx

• Copper Member
The Maps
« on: July 16, 2004, 02:06:19 PM »
Probably been discussed before but I am curious to know the general opinion of everyone about the maps. We seemed to be stuck on the current one and I must say for a while, I didn't mind. But come on I can only take it for so long. For a long time HTC has rotated the maps. I was used to every week a new map and new battle lines.
   It seems that has gone to the wind and we're stuck with stalemates. I log on and see the same furballs, the same bases, held by the same countries. All I want is one big map, any big map, once in a while. Does anyone know for sure if HTC is determined to stick with small maps? If so I'm saddened by that because after a few months they'll start losing people to absolute boredom. If you disagree with me fine, you're entitled to your opinion. But jeez these stupid islands are getting annoying :).

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
The Maps
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 02:57:03 PM »
They have to update the maps to the new version before they can be used in AH2.  Any maps with custom fields and layouts, etc have to have all that removed before they can be updated.  There is no terrain editor released for AH2 yet so the player made maps cannot be updated by the player that created them and must be done by AH staff who are all busy working on getting AH2 running up to speed and trying to squash bugs.  Be patient they will get it done.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
The Maps
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 03:53:52 PM »
WTG Sling...nice to see someone can read :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Re: The Maps
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 04:23:31 PM »
Originally posted by xBarrelx
Probably been discussed before but I am curious to know the general opinion of everyone about the maps. We seemed to be stuck on the current one and I must say for a while, I didn't mind. But come on I can only take it for so long. For a long time HTC has rotated the maps. I was used to every week a new map and new battle lines.
   It seems that has gone to the wind and we're stuck with stalemates. I log on and see the same furballs, the same bases, held by the same countries. All I want is one big map, any big map, once in a while. Does anyone know for sure if HTC is determined to stick with small maps? If so I'm saddened by that because after a few months they'll start losing people to absolute boredom. If you disagree with me fine, you're entitled to your opinion. But jeez these stupid islands are getting annoying :).

exactly, at least big maps means theres more bases to fight over before one country gets stuck in a small little corner
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline xBarrelx

• Copper Member
The Maps
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 06:19:35 PM »
As long as it gets done, I'm happy. Just from what people have been saying I got the impression that maybe HTC wasn't going to update the old maps at all. I'm all for getting AH2 up and running bug free. It's good to know that eventually they will get to the larger maps :).

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
The Maps
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 08:47:01 PM »
Keep in mind that they have a 7 person crew over there and it takes a lot of time to update a map for a new version.  Of course, once they get the terrain editor done then they could conceivably ask the map creator to update their own terrain and that could get things going a bit quicker.