Author Topic: Need help with 9800 pro and refresh rates  (Read 203 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Need help with 9800 pro and refresh rates
« on: July 17, 2004, 02:04:03 PM »
I bought a 9800 Pro, reformatted and reinstalled Win2k, and now my monitor isn't being detected as plug and play, but instead as "default monitor" by windows, and no matter what program and drivers I've tried, I can't get my refresh rate over 60hz rate now.

I downloaded the Samsung 900nf monitor inf files and installed them, this didn't help either, and I tried the dxdiag overide workaround with no luck.

WTF over?!

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 03:25:22 PM »
set it up in the ati drivers....refresh rate.....under monitors.... If it doesn't show higher refresh rate then your drivers are not loaded..... >>>> Device manager>monitor>drivers>update drivers>have disk> point it to your downloaded inf file... go back and set refresh rate again in ati controls..

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 04:09:29 PM »
Ok, I'll try that, but when I check in the monitors tab, it LETS me set it to 100, and it stays there, but the monitor is still stuck in 60 even though the tab says 100 (when i hit the button on the monitor to see the setting, both in desktop and AH2, plus I can tell it's low hz just by looking at it).

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 08:33:49 PM »
Run Dxdiag, the last tab "More Help" click "Override" button. You should be able to set it there. GL.