Author Topic: Air field Fuel Targets (Porking fuel)  (Read 3235 times)

Offline RDRTrash

• Gold Member
Air field Fuel Targets (Porking fuel)
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2004, 04:01:05 AM »
It's silly that there's no way to injure the fuel, AND it's silly that FH, BH, and VH come back up as quickly as they do.

There should be a way to decrease the fuel at an airfield, maybe letting the fuel drop to 25% was too far, but not being able to drop it at all is also too far.  So maybe HT should've made AH2 just a little less similar to AH1, where the first fuel depot killed the drop tanks, then the destruction of just over half of all tanks dropped the fuel to 75%, and ALL fuel destroyed was 50% fuel available.  

The only reason why porking fuel and barracks and stuff like that is attractive is that the hangers don't stay down for long enough.  If the hangers stayed down for an appropriate amount of time, they'd be the important target that they should be.

The effect of killing the town buildings, the fact that there's so many more buildings in a town, is a WAYY good change.  But it exacerbates the town regeneration problem.  The problem is that each building has it's own regeneration time.  Thus, if a single building gets rebuilt, the troops can't capture.  This isn't the problem for real, but the problem is that if you drop a bomb on a spot that a building would be in, that building should be down for even longer, for a period of time that it would've been down as if it was up when the bomb hit.  

AH2's strat values could contribute so much more than they do now, with just a little lovin'.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2004, 07:48:02 AM »
Instead of fuel, think ord.

The whole reason fuel was ruled out as a target had as much to do with the new fuel modeling, the 2.0x modifer as it did peoples complaints.

Imagine, your down to 5 or 6 fields, those are being hammered, the only planes you can up that can fly for any length of time on 25% fuel are the Pony, & the Zeke.

Meantime the enemy has whatever plane he wants to fly.

Now take fuel out of the picture.

Your still down to 5 or 6 fields, but YOU CAN defend them now. You have the fuel to sneak away, grab, come back high, and FIGHT!

Where you killed fuel before, kill ord now.  It stops major attacks dead in its tracks. No bombers upping from that field, no heavy attack fighters are going to roll without bombs. The field can still DEFEND itself, but it can not ATTACK.

Change happens, get used to it!

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2004, 08:03:59 AM »
"but not being able to drop it at all is also too far."

And also completely false.

You can drop it to 75%.   This considerably reduces the loiter times of hot-rods like the LA7, and makes droptanks unavailable so you don't have anyone instantly dropping to 25% fuel as soon as they engage.

Fuel porking thus still has an effect (and is worth doing considering the ease of it), but the effect is more subtle instead of the complete crippling of the entire front.  The effect matches the risk and difficulty of doing it now.

J_A_B

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2004, 09:33:14 AM »
One skilless dweeb being able to effectively shut down a field with one suicide pork n' auger mission was GAY to the extreme whatever the reason or justification. Anything other than allowing that is fabulous-trip-the-light-fantastic imho.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
I feel like I am chasing my tail here
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2004, 09:43:06 AM »
Ok Gents yes dropping the fuel to 75% has a minor effect, yes you can destroy Ordinance and Barraks and Hangers, Yes you can.  and that is the point......  You can.

Again I agree that It was a bit to easy in AH 1.  So I reitterate, why not make it a bit more difficult.  Heck in AH 1 the were 6 fuel cells at a large field in 3 pairs of 2, A money with a couple of hand grenades could take it out.  So why not make it more difficult to do.  Pehaps a 50% cap unless the main supply is leveled with more fuel cells at a field.  Perhaps adjusting the hardness ( which I do not believe in but its an option )  something like that.

I'm getting dissy.....:lol

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2004, 09:52:04 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
One skilless dweeb being able to effectively shut down a field with one suicide pork n' auger mission was GAY to the extreme whatever the reason or justification. Anything other than allowing that is fabulous-trip-the-light-fantastic imho.

LOL,  I would prefer to keep this on a level without name calling and accusations, but entertaining none the less.  As I have said before, before, before, oops got stuck again..

It was to easy before, but it should still be a viable target, make it a more difficult one so one "Skilless dweeb" can't do it.  The same could be said right now about Barracks.  With only one at a small field the dweeb does not even need Ord.  With two, it can still be taken out in one pass.

fabulous-trip-the-light fantastic  Lol  Nice

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2004, 10:28:26 AM »
A couple of guys could have taken out the barracks in AH 1, that has not changed in AH 2.

Sounds like the Furballers got bent so now they ratified the game and removed a trategic element. All the other Trat elements have remained the same accept for the fuel. With the accpetion of larger cities now. I can see that being an improvement as the old ones were quickly taken down. A bit to easy I think.

I can uderstand that perhaps it was to easy to do so before so why not add a few more fuel cells per airfield to make it a little harder to take it down? What do you think? Bottom line is it should be a viable target, maybe not so easy as before (Like the cities). Maybe haveing to target the main refinery as suggested to drop it to its lowest point. Something!

Nothing should be untouchable.....

Crow you can't be more wrong and although everyone in this thread has basically given you all the reasons why the fuel was changed you still can't see the light.

The bottom line is Fuel Pork stopped people from fighting.  When you can't fight this game is over for a lot of people.  

All your crying about is the fact that you lost the easy target to screw up everyone’s game.  

As was stated by many others in this thread, your expected results from fuel porking can be easily achieved in many other ways, without ruining the game for everyone else.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »
JRCrow you are suppose to kill the fun of other by shooting them down.

Not by targeting inanimate defenceless object.

Offline RDRTrash

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 12:02:39 PM »
Wow, my rant got glossed over...

Again, the only reason why fuel was such an 'easy' target is because the other 'critical' targets regenerated too soon, or were more properly difficult to destroy.

But now fuel is impossibly impervious, and clearly barracks are now impossibly easy to kill.

As for the skilless comment... If you think sneaking into enemy airspace where you are outnumbered 20 to one, and porking 3 or more diverged strat targets at not one, but 2 or more bases, successfully, is the measure of a "skilless dweeb", then you have not done it yourself.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2004, 12:11:40 PM »
Think I'll just bite my tongue and sit this one out.Buncha folks with the right ideas for and against and  the same wrong wrong arguements that we've had over and over and over again.
Thats cool.
Most of ya know my feelings on all of this
If not just look up past threads and make beleive I said them all over again.
My responces to the counter arguments too.
then we can pretend to have had this great big debate all over again with the same results. no winners, no loosers and nobodies mind changed on any of it.
And I will have saved myself a bunch of typing.... for now
:)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 12:14:08 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2004, 12:19:16 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Think I'll just bite my tongue and sit this one out.Buncha folks with the right ideas for and against and  the same wrong wrong arguements that we've had over and over and over again.
Thats cool.
Most of ya know my feelings on all of this
If not just look up past threads and make beleive I said them all over again.
My responces to the counter arguments too.
then we can pretend to have had this great big debate all over again with the same results. no winners, no loosers and nobodies mind changed on any of it.
And I will have saved myself a bunch of typing.... for now
:)

I must have missed that conversation, I think you are right though

:aok

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2004, 12:24:02 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
Crow you can't be more wrong and although everyone in this thread has basically given you all the reasons why the fuel was changed you still can't see the light.

The bottom line is Fuel Pork stopped people from fighting.  When you can't fight this game is over for a lot of people.  

All your crying about is the fact that you lost the easy target to screw up everyone’s game.  

As was stated by many others in this thread, your expected results from fuel porking can be easily achieved in many other ways, without ruining the game for everyone else.

Ah, no sir, Actually you can't be more wrong..

Thanks for the accuasations....

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2004, 12:29:43 PM »
Way to point nothing out.

BTW you were the one throwing accusations around.  

Sounds like the Furballers got bent so now they ratified the game and removed a trategic element.

Grow a pair stop looking for the easy fuel pork way out, stop trying to ruin the fun for others and just pork barracks or FH.  Gets you the same affect, you precious base can't be taken if there are no troops.  Nuf said

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2004, 12:33:40 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
JRCrow you are suppose to kill the fun of other by shooting them down.

Not by targeting inanimate defenceless object.

Yes , I know I do do shoot plenty down and it is fun.  As far as targeting in animate defenseless objects, we still do it.

Bascially what I gather from this is you, or more apropriately players, can not fight with 25% fuel.  It is to much of a hinderance and takes all the fun away.

Is this correct?

I think that fact that people make this so damn personal takes the fun out of much of the game too.  Nothin we can do about that though.  To each there own....

Perhaps some may view this threat in the same manor, which was not the intent.  But I shall not be he judge of others.  It is not my place.

all

Offline JRCrow

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2004, 12:41:07 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
Way to point nothing out.

BTW you were the one throwing accusations around.  

Grow a pair stop looking for the easy fuel pork way out, stop trying to ruin the fun for others and just pork barracks or FH.  Gets you the same affect, you precious base can't be taken if there are no troops.  Nuf said

Oh you must be Mr. Tough man studmufin'  Well congradulations your provoking has been victorious.  Now why don't you try reading the whole thing instead of picking out fragments.  Nuf said not Nuf read.....   :p