Author Topic: P47D-11 Skin  (Read 700 times)

Offline Nomde

• Nickel Member
      • Web Master
P47D-11 Skin
« on: July 18, 2004, 12:44:56 PM »
Hi all, here's the current skin i'm working on. Almost complete aside from putting a dirt layer on it  :)

On another note, i've been having trouble finding the file which contains statioinary prop blade. I've found the prop files which show the blade rotating, but not stationary.... any ideas? :confused:

Please let me know your thoughts :)

Skin:
Pilot - Col. Hub Zemke
Group - 56th Fighter Group
Squad - 63rd Fighter Squad
Date - March '44
Field - Halesworth, England
Plane - 275864

Topside view showing overall appearance

Bottomside view showing aileron an flap shadows

Tail view showing elevator and rudder shadows

Engine view, action shot

Nomde
56th Fighter Group "Zemke's Wolfpack"
nomde@56fg.net

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
P47D-11 Skin
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 01:58:29 PM »
Nomde to get a better look at how your work comes out when you go ingame change the time of day.

What I do is point the plane either North or South and change the time to either 10:30 or 14:30 depending on what side I want to look at. 12:00 light darkens the fuse so you can't see the transition color from wing to fuse.

Dropping the sun lower say to 8:30 or 16:30 gives you good light on the lower portion of the fuse like in the cowl area along with the fuse insignias. I bump my gamma up a couple of notches when doing screenies also. I run the game at 1.1 and take my shots at 1.3 or 4. Experiment.

Three shots from top to bottom at 8:30, 10:30 and noon. Runway shots come out good at 8:30. for bottom shots roll the plane to the light, then auto level so you don't die comin out of the roll :D Play with the light :)

Looks great !! I want to start a D11 when and if I ever get this one done. I'm having a hard time with the R/side wing root ( finding it ) Want to try a "lighter" olive drabby one all faded and beat up with the white cowl and the early white stripes.

Can't wait to see your ride finished :aok
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 02:16:30 PM by nopoop »
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline AaronM2

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
P47D-11 Skin
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 05:17:06 PM »
Looks Very Nice :aok

Offline Nomde

• Nickel Member
      • Web Master
P47D-11 Skin
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 12:34:17 AM »
Thx for the input nopoop :)

The wing root was a little hard to find, but for the d11, the left wingroot is located just above and behind the canopy. I had to angle the wingroot rivits approx 10 degrees to make them look symetrical on the 3d model. I didn't like the results though, so after looking at the default skin, I decided to make it look like the right wing root to keep it symetrical on the 3d model.

I'd like more input on this though, cause when the rivits are following the contours of the wing root, they are "stretched" due to the 3d mapping and it looks unrealistic.

I have the same problem close to the canopy, where the panel lines near the front are stretched, I can paint them farther to the center line of the fuse, but this doesn't look accurate, so i tried to compromise.

I compromised on the landing gear outline also, it was tough finding the edges. I found that the landing gear cover mapping is twisted 180 degress at the top of the wheel portion. When the gear is down, the cover has a different appearance then when it's up. I decided to go with rivits to outline the cover as it's down, and panel lines to accent the edges when it's up.

I plan on hunting pyro down after this, and bbq'n his hide over hot coals :D

Salute

Nomde
56th Fighter Group "Zemke's Wolfpack"
nomde@56fg.net

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
P47D-11 Skin
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 04:53:34 AM »
Sweet jug Nomde! Yours to nopoop. Send those in to HTC, can't wait for them to be available in the MA. Keep up the good work. :D

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
P47D-11 Skin
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 08:58:23 AM »
Thanks Nomde I'll hunt that sucker out tonight.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..