Author Topic: My first CTD of AH2  (Read 377 times)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
My first CTD of AH2
« on: July 19, 2004, 02:58:19 PM »
Last friday (July 16th), I had my first CTD.

I flew in the Snapshot for an hour and a half or so, then went to the MA.

I took off in a Yak-9U, flew for about 5 minutes. I tested my guns (for some reason I have my primary/secondary mapped backwards. I'm retarded) and as soon as I hit the trigger: CTD.

Crappy System:
AMD XP1800
256 Megs of Ram
crappy on-board sound
64 Meg Geforce 2

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
My first CTD of AH2
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 07:29:38 PM »
ditto

evertime I log from CT into MA as soon as I touch the trigger I have a CTD
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
My first CTD of AH2
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 10:33:15 PM »
Same thing happened to me tonight, except I was in the TA for bout 2 1/2 or 3 hours, then went to MA, soon as I pulled trigger instant CTD...............:confused:
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline xBarrelx

• Copper Member
My first CTD of AH2
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 11:16:37 PM »
thus is dealing with bugs.......cant believe this patch is supposed to improve things but it is the first to cause problems with me lol damn.....irony in all its glory

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
My first CTD of AH2
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 09:32:41 AM »
Originally posted by xBarrelx
thus is dealing with bugs.......cant believe this patch is supposed to improve things but it is the first to cause problems with me lol damn.....irony in all its glory

For me this could have been a problem all along. This was the first time I've switched arenas while still playing. Normally I'm in one arena or another and log off completely when I switch.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
My first CTD of AH2
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 10:15:01 AM »
Had this happen in a B17 on Saturday.  Flew for 45 minutes, engaged by a 163 - first burst only squeezed out a blip of the .50 cal sound and instant CTD.  Methinks it's sound related.

AMD Athlon64 3000+
MSI K8T Neo
1gig DDR400
ATi Radeon 9600xt - latest
SB Audigy Gamer - updated drivers two weeks ago
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
My first CTD of AH2
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 01:09:59 AM »
Happened again tonight....was in TA for few hours....I fired my guns helping a player etc....everything fine...

I decided to drop in the MA for a bit before I logged...I upped at A30 and then as I was starting to engage I pulled trigger instant CTD......

Never had CTDs before like this when switching arenas before patch 6.  

but it is always first pull of trigger after coming from a different arena.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
My first CTD of AH2
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 12:57:49 PM »
Went to the CT last night.was the first time in there and the first time I pulled the trigger CTD, as did 3 or 4 of my squadmates who were in there with me.
 after coming back in, had no problem.

Offline xBarrelx

• Copper Member
My first CTD of AH2
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 10:35:08 PM »
Had anotehr CTD tonight, of course I had like 5 but this one was when I hit the zoom key. The others were with the trigger.