Author Topic: 6 Call Whines  (Read 1450 times)

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
6 Call Whines
« on: July 20, 2004, 09:29:35 AM »
I am sick of hearing, "Where was my 6 call" Like it is my responsibility to watch your ***.  If I see a bandit on a friendlys six I will not hesitate to give a 6 call, as do most people.

When anyone gets shot down it isnt your team mates fault, It is your own lack of SA that gets you killed. Even in those situations where, your chasing a bandit with 8 of your guys behind you. Another NME drops in on you and while your target fixated you get killed and nobody gives you a call....well guess what...its your own fault. Yep the other guy should have given you the call but he didnt.

And how it ticks me off when I hear....."Fine nobody is check sixin me....all my squad in range dont give anyone check 6s' here unless they are in our squad".... If you wana do that fine. I will still give you a check 6 if I see it.  Im not going to be a jerk to my country!

If more people would watch their own 6 and not depend on others to do it, we would have a much more peacefull community.

6 calls are a bonus, not a requirement!

RHIN0
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
6 Call Whines
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 09:46:13 AM »
lol last night i got yelled at for giving this guy a 6 call. He was upset because he has to break off the La7 because there was a tiffy in on him and I couldnt gain on it.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Ohio330

• Copper Member
6 Call Whines
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 09:55:46 AM »
Ya, I heard  guy on Rooks team whining about this at A-1
last night.  Btw, How do you actually give someone this
check 6 message?

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
6 Call Whines
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 09:56:25 AM »
u bastar* morpheus.

Offline xBarrelx

• Copper Member
6 Call Whines
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 09:59:06 AM »
You give a chk 6 by using the " ' " key. It's my opinion that you should be watching your own arse when fighting. If not, get a squad so they can babysit you while you fight. I do, however, find it frustrating when there are a bunch of friendly GV's on the ground and none can give me a heads up. There are a few planes that have rather big blind spots. And when you're RTBing for a lack of planes in the area, you're not usually watching too close.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
6 Call Whines
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 09:59:53 AM »
I give 6 calls all the time and encourage others to do the same. Lotta guys are happy to fly around without ever giving one and could care less if they get one. I invariably will whine about it from time to time...only because its just BASIC teamwork...I.E. the smallest amount of teamwork you can do for your country..PRESS THE FRIGGIN BUTTON...is that so hard?

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
6 Call Whines
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 10:00:15 AM »
Originally posted by Ohio330
Ya, I heard  guy on Rooks team whining about this at A-1
last night.  Btw, How do you actually give someone this
check 6 message?

--------------> ' <-------------
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
6 Call Whines
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 10:00:23 AM »
Its a prebuilt message. I forget the key off the top of my head for it. But push the key and will send a check six sound file to the allied plane that is sort of in the center of your vision.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
6 Call Whines
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 10:05:24 AM »
depending on what country your on knits, bish or rooks. were all trying to smash the other side and in the end are one team no matter who's buddie buddie or fellow sqaudie, fellow countrymen should give check six calls as a courtesy but of course not an obligation.  if you see someone about to get wrecked and have the time give him the courtesy do it! but if not! hey sorry bud:eek:   watch you ass:aok

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
6 Call Whines
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2004, 11:21:47 AM »
I give them when I can, but I never expect them and most the time when I get one, the guy is in front of me. The only time I would be upset I didnt get a 6 call would be if it was a squaddie.

Bottom line, its YOUR job to watch your own arse, nobody elses, if you let a guy sneak up on you and kill you, tough $h!t.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
6 Call Whines
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2004, 11:24:24 AM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
lol last night i got yelled at for giving this guy a 6 call. He was upset because he has to break off the La7 because there was a tiffy in on him and I couldnt gain on it.

Fly a faster plane you weenie!

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
6 Call Whines
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2004, 11:42:13 AM »
"Bottom line, its YOUR job to watch your own arse, nobody elses, if you let a guy sneak up on you and kill you, tough $h!t."

sigh

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
6 Call Whines
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2004, 12:15:13 PM »
Originally posted by xBarrelx
I do, however, find it frustrating when there are a bunch of friendly GV's on the ground and none can give me a heads up.
What makes you think that because there are GVs around they are in any better position to give a Check6?  If they are anything like me, they will have their gunsight zoomed right in to an enemy aircraft and simply won't be able to see most of the friendlies around.

I do give Check6's when I can, but I completely agree with RHIN0 - in the end, it's nobody's fault but your own for lack of SA if you are shot down.  My reply to anyone asking if anybody gives Check6's is always "No" (even though I do, when possible).  :D
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Paxil

• Copper Member
      • http://marathontoathens.blogspot.com
6 Call Whines
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004, 01:20:03 PM »
Check 6's are just something else for everyone to whine about. Either someone isn't getting them... or they are... but they are too late, or they yell 'don't yell check 6! do something about it!' etc...  I love they guys complaining about check 6's when we are being vulched on a field and outnumbered 10-1. No DUH! Also... the 1/2 second or so delay in voice makes it hard to time calls right anyway. I appreciate calls when I get them, and I give calls IF I don't think the friendly pilot is aware.

Last week I chased a con who was chasing a running friendly. He chased for a LONG time... and finally caught up to the friendly just as I caught up to him... and the friendly complains about me not giving a check 6... dang... he was right there for a good minute! LOL My SA isn't even that bad.

Almost as funny as the "I saw him back there for ages... you weren't going to say something?" Ah.... why would you want a check 6 if you saw them?

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
6 Call Whines
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2004, 01:21:27 PM »
I have check 6 mapped to one of my joystick keys, but I miss giving some check 6 calls, or give them too late because I can't get the endangered friendly targeted in my gunsite or centered in some other view.

Also, some times the closest plane to the center of my screen isn't the one that I want to check 6 and I give a call to the wrong plane.  This usually occurs in some other than the forward view.

It would be nice to point the mouse on the endanged friendly and give a six call with maybe a right click.

Just my $.02 anyways.

BTW, I give bogeys a check six with my 50's or cannons, honorable sportsman that I am ;)