Author Topic: michaelmoorelovesamerica  (Read 1564 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2004, 05:25:10 PM »
pongo... same to you... there is both an American congressional investigation and a British one that you can look at to "open your eyes" or.... you can believe a known distorter of facts who based his entire "documentary" on a now discredited book.

lazs

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2004, 05:38:47 PM »
Originally posted by DoKGonZo
I read his book, "Stupid White Men" but have only seen clips from F911. And I've seen him interviewed a few times. My take ... FWIW ... is that you're all right in ways.

He hates Dubyah and Chaney ... and justifiably so. They stole the election, they have stood by and watched the middle class be decimated while the uber-rich get richer, and the have allowed their Ken Lay-esque friends to destroy America's confidence in investment and, to some degree, a brighter tomorrow. And, of course, the took us into a war because they wanted to.

He hates Americans to some degree. Yet a lot of what he says ain't that far wrong. Look at how we're having "low carb" shoved down our throats. And for most of America it's "thank you sir, may I have another." Rap music ... 'nuff said? Reality TV ... ditto.

He's a Hollywood twinkie. Just watch how he carries himself. He wants attention. You don't get attention by saying nice things about America. He thinks he's a bad boy and gets off on it.  He really isn't "saying" anything that dozens of polical writers and cartoonists also don't say on a weekly basis. He just gets it up on the big screen and the acts like a faux intellectual.

He likes money. So does Mel Gibson. After what Mel pulled with the "there was no Holocaust" crap to promote The Passion, I won't see anything that puke is in or is involved with. Moore is a similar animal - get as much controversy going to sell tickets.

As for me, I won't pay money to see F911. It won't show me anything I don't already know or suspect about what Our Government has done. I'm glad Moore made it because so many people in the country are - well - stoopid and need to have their eyes opened. But beyond that I pretty much ignore the guy.

Hmmmmm....dribble like this......a Marilyn Manson quote in your sig.......and a name like  DoKGonZo

I'm guessin you're about 15 years old.....

Its a shame they are libralling people that young nowadays

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2004, 06:24:31 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
pongo... same to you... there is both an American congressional investigation and a British one that you can look at to "open your eyes" or.... you can believe a known distorter of facts who based his entire "documentary" on a now discredited book.

lazs

Missing your point, So no reporting should be allowed then?

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2004, 06:29:39 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Hmmmmm....dribble like this......a Marilyn Manson quote in your sig.......and a name like  DoKGonZo

I'm guessin you're about 15 years old.....

Its a shame they are libralling people that young nowadays

Wow.

Did you ever just label yourself as a complete f*cktard. On so many levels it's hard to count 'em all.

It's obvious this is a thread for the closed-minded, so I'll leave you all to this brain-clotted circle-jerk.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2004, 06:31:30 PM »
Pongo if you think that dishonest low-brow propaganda like F911 is whats needed to open up the eyes of the "stoopid" american people then thats sad.

Actually now that I think about it it's pointless to argue this, the orginal poster of this material practically qouted moore in his assesement of america so I think its safe to say he has made up his mind...

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2004, 06:31:34 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ

Why cant you just let people think and decide for themselves. Why arrogantly believe others, and it seems particularly those who think differently from you, are somehow stupid or uninformed and need a special wakening from people with whom you agree?

Yes. Exactly.

Now try LIVING by those words, skippy.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2004, 06:33:26 PM »
I'm glad Moore made it because so many people in the country are - well - stoopid and need to have their eyes opened.  

You first (skippy?)

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2004, 06:46:38 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
You first (skippy?)

Point taken.

But if you read what I said originally, I didn't take either side as far as MM went. Yet because you disagreed with certain points you chose to disagree with me entirely and start slinging insults.

And that seems to be the tone of this thread. So, again, it's not worth my time.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2004, 06:55:50 PM »
Throwing insults?

Can you point out the parts of my post that you considered to be insults.

From my POV I simply questioned some of your statements and challenged some of your conclusions, particularly where I felt your opinion about americans being stupid was rather arrogant.

As for MM I dont know what you think of him personally, but you sure do seem to like his movie and think its needed for opening up the eyes of "stoopid" americans.  Here we disagree, both on the idea of stupid americans and the utility of MMs movie.

And for the record there is stuff we agree on in your posts. :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2004, 06:59:33 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2004, 06:57:02 PM »
Well, you may not hae taken his "side", but you surely suscribe to his beliefs:

They stole the election, they have stood by and watched the middle class be decimated while the uber-rich get richer, and the have allowed their Ken Lay-esque friends to destroy America's confidence in investment and, to some degree, a brighter tomorrow. And, of course, the took us into a war because they wanted to.

Silly wabbit!

Stick to online games, then you at least have a half-assed idea of what you are talking about.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2004, 07:52:03 PM »
Wow.

Did you ever just label yourself as a complete f*cktard. On so many levels it's hard to count 'em all.

It's obvious this is a thread for the closed-minded, so I'll leave you all to this brain-clotted circle-jerk.

ok  17??????????

Fcktard?????

Closed Minded????

Brain Clotted circle-jerk?????

wow you sound like a real accepting person.....maybe 18

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2004, 07:55:29 PM »
Point taken.

But if you read what I said originally, I didn't take either side as far as MM went. Yet because you disagreed with certain points you chose to disagree with me entirely and start slinging insults.

And that seems to be the tone of this thread. So, again, it's not worth my time.

UMMMM you made statements that have been completly disproven by this little thing called FACT

I thought you were done with this circle-jerk?  

PS if you watch the movie you agreed with most of the points he made in it in the post you made earlier.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2004, 08:22:12 AM »
geeze dok... you are coming off kinda petulant here.   Seems to fit the liberal profile... make an outrageous statement and then get all offended when poeple question it.

Soooo we woulda been aye ok in your book if we woulda just bought your "stole the election" drivel and then the whole rest of the post because about 20% of it was objective?

pongo... I do not consider moore a source of news..  he is at best an entertainer.   So far as I know, no factual data that moore has ever stated in any of his movies is accurate.   Gun deaths by country for instance in bowling.    

lazs

Offline GreenCloud

• Silver Member
michaelmoorelovesamerica
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2004, 12:58:01 PM »
only a true moron ..which is uniformed ..would say the election was stolen..

After saying somthing so stupid..its hard to even give the guy any credit for his other statements...

Busch Is Hitler....

No War For Oil..

Do i fit in now?..lmfao