Author Topic: Is the CT becoming a mini-MA?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Is the CT becoming a mini-MA?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 06:37:17 PM »
Originally posted by B17Skull12
im going to make it my personally goal to shoot you in a chute when ever possible BECAUSE IT IS MY $15 NOT YOUR'S MINE DAMN ITAND I SPEND IT HOW I WANT TO.

Amen to that brother, I feel the love.  Do the thing theys hate and force them to organize and work as a team to overcome.  Catering to them is a weakness. ;)
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2004, 06:44:48 PM »
Three things that keep me out of the CT...

Funky dar settings

Funky Icon setings

And Spit hatred...as if it's my fault your intercepter of choice sucks.

But what the hell; you girls have fun any way you can; I'll carry ojn knowing which planes carried the LW to victory; and which plane put a stop to it.

(who needs a chog anyway?

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2004, 07:01:21 PM »
Don't think that some things are in place to keep people, that may be similiar to you, out on purpose.

Two MAs would be redundant.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Is the CT becoming a mini-MA?
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2004, 07:04:33 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
With over 190 hours in the CT, I think I know (and you too) how the arena works.

Then stop posting stupid crap, bro. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2004, 07:06:48 PM »
Originally posted by Seeker

And what keeps you in the CT forum? :lol

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2004, 07:56:26 PM »
ZIIINNNGGG!  :D

Aw man I'm bored....
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2004, 08:01:02 PM »
Originally posted by TheBug
Amen to that brother, I feel the love.  Do the thing theys hate and force them to organize and work as a team to overcome.  Catering to them is a weakness. ;)

There ya go!! :D

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2004, 08:04:12 PM »
Originally posted by DJ111
ZIIINNNGGG!  :D

Aw man I'm bored....

j00 ® TĄ®ÐlinG!!!11!!!!1!!11!
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2004, 08:07:04 PM »
STFU ub3r n3wb13!!!!!111
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Is the CT becoming a mini-MA?
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2004, 08:36:29 PM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
With over 190 hours in the CT, I think I know (and you too) how the arena works.

Heh heh.  Geez, Fork, I thought you were watching the last time I said something like this.  Same reaction as I got, with a little extra vitriol from Bug.

In retrospect, and trying my hardest to be philosophical, I think that the CT regulars tend to be schizos.  That is to say, we react violently when anyone tries to regulate our behavior, yet we all share the same fundamental values - unconsciously, perhaps.  Few of us vulch (except for Eskimo, and we make allowance for him because it's probably a scar resulting from a misspent youth), few of us shoot chutes (few of us bail for that matter), most of us avoid ganging, and there aren't many (any?) chest-pounders telling the rest of us how talented they are.  Tell us to do it, and we'll bite you.  But leave us alone, and we do it anyway.

I've noticed an influx of new faces here, too.  They will be absorbed.

(Pats Fork on back, looks over shoulder at the crowd)  As for the rest of you turkeys who piled onto Fork:  Give the boy credit for being innovative.  I am particularly surprised by Bug, whose refrain has been that all staff are the same.  Fork has tried a lot of new things, and this is one of them.

(makes rude gesture) (twice)

- oldman

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2004, 08:42:16 PM »
Originally posted by Seeker

Funky dar settings

Funky Icon setings

And Spit hatred...as if it's my fault your intercepter of choice sucks.

But what the hell; you girls have fun any way you can; I'll carry ojn knowing which planes carried the LW to victory; and which plane put a stop to it.

(who needs a chog anyway?

Perfidious Albion....when was the last time you even visited the CT?  Or stopped by to dance on a wet floor and have a beer with the REST of your friends, for that matter?

As for your twisted and egocentric view of history:  The Hurricane stopped the Luftwaffe, as any adult hobbyist knows.  The P47 and the P51 beat down the Luftwaffe and won air superiority over Europe, as any high school student knows.  The Spitfire lacked the range to accomplish anything substantial, but it proved that if you're good looking, you can be famous...as all Valley Girls know.

- oldman

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2004, 09:38:49 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2

Here’s the big thing that no one in this game seams to get: We all play this game for different reasons.  We think that we know how everyone should play and we all expect that everyone else should have to play by the rules and style that we think is best.  People who want everyone in the arena to play to their liking have one thing in common; they take this GAME way too seriously!  Realize that some folks have reasons for playing that are very different than your own.
Some folks want to become immersed in history, some just want to survive, some want a laugh, some have something to prove to everyone, and some have something to prove to themselves, some want a challenge, some want to play a game, some want to “make a difference”, some want to unleash some real life frustrations, some just want to see stuff explode, some want to be part of a team, some want to be loners, some want to beat the odds, some want to gangbang, (we could go on here…).  A great many want to do several of these things at once, or perhaps at different times.  I can honestly say that I am, or have been, driven by each of the things that I listed above.  I can also say that after 8 years of flight simming, I’m mostly still in it for yucks.  A lot of people have tried to tell me how I should play this game over the years, but there is one thing that I can guarantee:  I have more fun than they do and I am less frustrated than they are.  

Remember: no one knows how to let eskimo have fun like eskimo.

I have never heard it said better :aok

...sorry, I was bored also

Continue.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Is the CT becoming a mini-MA?
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2004, 09:52:48 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731

(Pats Fork on back, looks over shoulder at the crowd)  As for the rest of you turkeys who piled onto Fork:  Give the boy credit for being innovative.  I am particularly surprised by Bug, whose refrain has been that all staff are the same.  Fork has tried a lot of new things, and this is one of them.

(makes rude gesture) (twice)

- oldman

New doesn't mean innovative, this silly idea is just more of the same BS to expect from an out of touch CT staff.

Spare me your gestures, little boy.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2004, 10:10:46 PM »
I'm just not sure what Fork is asking for.     I up every sortie with the intent of landing it; if my plane is damaged I break combat and head for home, if my ammo or fuel is low I head for the barn too.     I would guess this attitude isn't very common in the MA.

I occasionally look at my stats to get a feel for how I'm doing in various planes but never been interested in ranks.

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2004, 10:45:01 PM »
I like Eskimo2's philosophy, bravo!

And on the 2-kill message, isn't that the minimum number rating an announcement?  And isn't that about the most that average pilots can get with limited ammo and fuel?  

And aren't pilots expected to try to land and survive in this most realistic arena?  

I haven't looked at rank for a long time because I don't care about rank (yeah, I know, good thing because my scores are not high, to put it tactfully).  

I just fly for max enjoyment each sortie and hopefully to learn something new and keep improving, however slowly.  The fewer rules the better -- Eskimo2's four rules about sum it up.
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous