Author Topic: Is the CT becoming a mini-MA?  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Is the CT becoming a mini-MA?
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2004, 02:39:59 PM »
I don't think you can regulate the CT nor do I think it's needed. The core people that fly the CT regularly do maintain a good code of ethics for the most part. We fly the CT for a reason, it's historical. The CM's give us historical planesets with the planes available in that time period. I know there's always debate on that, but they try. You can't always have the best plane if you choose to fly a certain side. It forces you to find a tactic that works. The people that just pop in on the way to the MA where they fly regularly are going to fly the way they do in the MA. Pick the side that has the best plane and do what ever to get kills. It's their $15.

Since the change over to AH2, the CT was been in a lull. We're using MA maps, there's still lots of bugs(ctd's, etc.) and we've lost people because of hardware or just plain frustration. A lot of us are a bit pissy about it. Hopefully they'll get these issues resolved soon.

I say keep things as they are with the exception that Channel 1 should be disabled. Personally I like landing kills as I think we all do. Nothing better than when you or a squadie lands kills and the "wtg's" go around, even from your opponents. Which can still be done with the .S SALUTE command.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2004, 02:43:10 PM »
Yeah, I know, its kind of an inside joke between me and Oldman. Neither of us RTB very often since we are usually at the bottom of the pile in furballs and we both fly right into clouds of enemies, its our squad SOP. I dont mean this in any way as an insult, but we are sort of the antithesis of Eskimo.

Last night for example, Oldman was flying Allied, and I was flying Axis. Yet when I looked at the dar, I was fighting 3 v1 all by myself and he was 4-5 v 1 by himself. I had to laugh when I saw that.

Oldman is even more a "purist" than I am, so I always kid him about either landing kills or even RTB'n at all even though I'm more guilty of it than him.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 02:50:53 PM by Grits »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2004, 04:34:24 PM »
Disable everything but the check six message. The bufferbar is soooooo passe'. :D

Offline DktrEvil

• Copper Member
      • TheFunZone.com
+Dr Evil's Death Squadron+

Let this be a lesson to you all that this organization will not tolerate .......... F-a-i-l-u-r-e!

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2004, 08:44:13 PM »
:rofl
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech