Author Topic: Its great to see America.  (Read 1425 times)

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Its great to see America.
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2004, 03:01:14 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
I know the french well, I could smell them from 35,000 feet above as I flew to Croatia a few years ago...

you sure somone dont trow out burger  in front of the plane?:D

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2004, 03:03:04 AM »
I know the french well, I could smell them from 35,000 feet above as I flew to Croatia a few years ago...

Ooooooooooooooh that's foul!

PS... What Crumb said.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2004, 03:45:35 AM »

Me think you shouldn't remove your shoes in a plane especially after the Richard Reed affair :)

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2004, 04:11:09 AM »
I wonder what Croatian cheese smells like. nothing stinks as much as "Herve" cheese.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2004, 07:02:41 AM »
This thread turned out really good!

I posted it with a big smile on my face!

:D
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2004, 07:50:50 AM »
Don't you people ever read any history?

We will reap what we sow. We are now in a period of time where America is the most powerful country in the world. We are also the most arrogant.  And yet we are not self sufficient in supplying the oil energy that we consume every day.

I never said we should let the U.N. control our destiny or our armed forces. I never said we should bend over backwards to make people love us or to be part of some mythical "world village".  Nice try to paint me as some stupid hippy liberal, though.

What we *do* need to be aware of, is that we are in a global economy, and it's important for us to maintain friendly relations with as many countries as possible. It will pay dividends in the future.

Y'all talk real manly about telling the world that we'll do whatever we please, thankyouverymuch. But what happens if we piss the Russians and Saudi's off by continuing to invade countries, and they cut our supply of oil off? Are we just going to go in and take over their countries to protect our oil? If we did that, we would be no better than the Japanese in 1941.  FDR cut the Japanese off from their deliveries of oil, which gave the army imperialists the excuse to take the southern route and invade the oil rich Dutch East Indies.

This is a serious issue which we best not take too lightly.  We are on the crest of the American wave, and we refuse to think about the day when we are no longer the world powerhouse we are today. One has to only go as far back as the British "Pax Britannica" period of the mid-19th century to learn some valuable lessons about world domination and the dangers of ignoring the future.

BTW, where's Miko2d when you need him?

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2004, 10:33:53 AM »
The sky is falling the sky is falling........
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2004, 07:49:34 PM »
Aks re: bus

sorry aks when i was little i had to walk as we couldnt afford the fare. now do you have anything intellegent to say or the bus still bummin you out?

banana re: crest of wave

I think we are on the downhill side of that wave. i have seen many people in here say America is arrogant,since I think your post was reasonable can you explain how America is arrogant ?