Author Topic: More skins needed  (Read 789 times)

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
More skins needed
« on: July 22, 2004, 06:24:55 PM »
Ok I don't want to whine or anything, there are a group of guys in this community doing some excellent custom skins for all of us to enjoy. One thing I couldn't help noticing tho is how some planes (P-51 most notably) has lots of skins to choose from while other planes have none. Like the P38, F4U, Hellcat, P-47, 190A-8, Bf-110 and many more I can't think of right now, all have no custom skins at all.
There must be plenty of attractive paintjobs for all plane types. I mean, comeon why do 20 skins on the P-51 and none for the P-47, or the P-38, or the 190A-8, or the F4U, or the Bf-110, or the...

Get the idea? Give us MORE SKINS!!! SKINS FOR EVERY PLANE IN THE GAME!!! :aok

=S=

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
More skins needed
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 07:39:50 PM »
Some planes had texture problems that HTC hasn't fixed like the p38, so therefore it is almost impossible to make a skin with them.  Skins have already been submited to HTC on almost everyother plane you have added, but haven't been loaded into the game.

Another reason is people like to do there favorite plane before others i might guess.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
More skins needed
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 11:38:46 PM »
New skins aren't being added 'in game' right now...at least I havnet seen any new ones in several weeks although Im sure many are submited.  One thing may be because most planes are not high res enabled yet, so the new skins dont look very good. (same goes for visual damage)

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
More skins needed
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 11:56:03 PM »
I'd be happy to try different plane skins if I could find the much needed research materials for them.  I spent over $300.00+ dollars on books and reference materials just for the Pony skin.  Even with all of this I don't have a  ton of profiles to go off of.  Mainly each book I bought was for a wide variety of weathering and getting all the right angles for detailed items and such.  

I don't want to work for days on end on a skin just to find out it's not completely historical or I don't have enough legit references for HT to accept the skins.  I've got alot of panel and rivet reference materials for many airframes but I have to see more than just one to find out how accurate the current materials I have are.  This means doing alot of research.

Even now with the research I've done on two of my birds "The Flying Undertaker" and "The Gunfighter" they may not have a chance to make it into the line up due to time constraints.  So many folks are ripping skins out left and right the window has closed.  Were they all for nothing, I dont' think so.  It helps me to get better at skinning in general.  It's unfortunate though that the last few weeks I've spent working on them that they may only see H2H play.