Author Topic: Would this be helpful?  (Read 632 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Would this be helpful?
« on: July 23, 2004, 05:23:39 PM »
Made a post under suggestions/feedback, got no response, so perhaps I put it in the wrong place. It concerns skinners. So here's the post in its entirety. Who agrees??

We need a stand alone program (separate .exe, like the film viewer) that JUST SHOWS THE PLANES!!

Why? Because when you skin it's a REAL pain in the arse to change 1 tiny tiny detail then load up AH, pick a plane, and sit on the runway trying to spot that change in external view.

No offense, HTC, I love AH2, but it's not the most streamlined :P

So anyways, it doesn't have to have anything special. Just let you pick a plane and skin (using the AH2 folders/directories/files) and then displays it. You can rotate, and zoom. Nothing more. Nothing less.

This would be (I think) a simple tool to make, and one of immeasurable value to us inclined to view or edit skins, or to just look at the planes in AH2.

Can this be put on the "to do" list? Please respond.

Thank you

[EDIT] Hell, I think you already have most of the code! Just take the code that displays planes in the film viewer, and package it with an interface that lets you pick what plane/skin you want to put on the viewer. Then viola!

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Would this be helpful?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 06:43:31 PM »
lazzyness? in ah1 you need to do it thrue TE, now is much faster ;)

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Would this be helpful?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 07:23:06 PM »
Krusty I do agree that an external viewer would be great for skinning purposes.  Something simliar to the in game viewer on IL2 FB.  Where it gives you a base sky blue background, standard over head lighting, zoom ability and the ability to move the planes around on all 3 axis so you get a good idea of the lighting and how it's affecting the planes skin.

Right now to get all the angles viewed and check for good lighting affects you have to fly the plane around and check for areas that may standout in one lighting condition but not in another.  Having a viewer like this would make the process of error checking faster and more effecient.