Author Topic: Outnumbered by Rooks...again  (Read 4927 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Outnumbered by Rooks...again
« on: July 25, 2004, 10:07:39 PM »
Hitech, Skuzzy, Pyro, et al.

Why is it 95% of the time there are more Rooks than any other country? I logged on tonight to 260 Rooks vs 170 Knights and 140 Bishops. The game used to be sort of balanced but since the switch it has become obviously lopsided.

I know both Bishops and Knights have won a couple resets, but there needs to be some balancing done by HTC. It is getting very old, very fast.

I don't normally post whines, but this one has some validity. Flame away.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 10:16:43 PM »
Usually one likes to be outnumbered....more planes to kill.

Besides...they are rooks right? ... :rolleyes:
Mak

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 10:31:31 PM »
Originally posted by Mak333
Usually one likes to be outnumbered....more planes to kill.

Besides...they are rooks right? ... :rolleyes:

yup so you cant kill them because they are at 30k

while its "only" sunday nights, its REALLY getting annoying having one of "my best nights" ruined by the totaly stupid 10v1 type thing rooks seem to like.

so now, i, and most of my squad play WWIIOL on a sunday night........i wonder why
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 10:50:53 PM »
imagine a chicken with sunglasses keeping a bag in his hand flying at 30k looking around.
Thats what i call a chicken rookie tourist.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 11:00:17 PM »
I knew someone would start a, "Rooks have numbers on Sunday's", whine thread again this week! Someone owes me some money, I forget who it was!?!? The simple reason Rooks have numbers on Sundays is, it's almost all of our big squadron's individual squadnights. This was done deliberately back during the lenghthy period when Bishops and Knights both outnumbered Rooks 24/7 and fell all over each other seeing how fast they could reset Rooks, over and over and over and over. This was also when the CO's of virtually all of our squadrons developed the RJO concept we still use today.

Instead of whining about it, why not do the same things yourselves? Get your bigger squadrons to have their squadnights on the same night (Fri/Sat?), organize joint operations as we do. Be proactive, not reactive. The worst possible thing you can do is what someone mentioned in this thread and not play at all Sunday nights, all you are doing is compounding the problem for your team, basically going AWOL, leaving your team hanging out to dry. When the going gets tough, don't run and hide, roll up your sleeves and get busy, if you all did this Sunday's may not even be a total blowout for Rooks at all...Think about it... :rolleyes:

Zazen
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 12:43:10 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 11:12:21 PM »

lol I used to think that only Rooks were the ones up above 20k but now I am seeing just about all sides up there evenly. I dont care much about the numbers difference. Being on the side with the least players allows for more fights. I dont spend all that much time on line anymore so when I log in I like to get some quick fights in without wasting much time. Although the numbers difference between Rooks and the other two sides have been lopsided for a while now it is has gotten much worse since the move to AH2.

I was talking to a few COs several days before the switch and they were hinting toward a move to the Rooks. (Regulators for one) I couldnt help but think that a trend was in the mix for more than just a few squads going to the Rooks. (And I was right)

Sooner or later CO's and their squads will realize that they need to do their part in "balancing" the arena and things will slowly change. But this numbers is nothing new and not many have done much in the past so I doubt that they will start anytime soon.

But as I said before, I would rather see things the way they are now. But thats just me. I know others who play more than I do now get agrivated with the numbers difference so there their complaints are valid like it or not.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 11:39:17 PM »
Besides...they are rooks right? ...

I am mostly a CT flier so all the MA coutries look the same to me, but my MA squad the Hells Angles happens to fly Rooks. I can only speak for myself, but I know it is a rare thing when I find myself more than 10K, and usually I am around 5k and I really dont see many friendlies or enemies at outrageous altitudes very often.

Saturday night the Knights and Rooks had a 3-4 hour long brawl between A43-A44. Neither side was very much above ground level and it was some of the best fights I have had, Drex, Leviathan and the Knights at 43.

I always laugh when I hear complaints of alt monkeys, since a 30k enemy is no threat to me whatsoever if I'm at 5k. I just keep an eye on it and move on to the next victim.

Offline xBarrelx

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004, 11:44:01 PM »
I looked into the numbers...and I have some facts.

Bish Kills:   134406
Bish Deaths:   114582

Knight Kills:   123441
Knight Deaths:   119102

Rook Kills:   120660
Rook Deaths:   144826

As you can see....numbers are not 10v1. In fact, rooks are the only country that die more than they kill. Stop whining, it's unjustified. If you wanna gang up on someone it should be the bish, which clearly dominate in kills and deaths.

(Edit) The numbers are as of 12:40 am EST.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2004, 12:09:36 AM »
Originally posted by xBarrelx

Bishop Kills:   134406
Bishop Deaths:   114582

As you can see....numbers are not 10v1. In fact, rooks are the only country that die more than they kill. Stop whining, it's unjustified. If you wanna gang up on someone it should be the bish, which clearly dominate in kills and deaths.

You need to check those numbers again my friend, you have them totally backwards. Read what you are posting from. :rolleyes:You have deaths and kills juxtaposed for each team.

The CORRECT statistics for each country are:

Bish Kills: 114,582
Bish Deaths: 134,406

Knights Kills: 119,102
Knight Deaths: 123,441

Rook Kills: 144,826
Rook Deaths: 120,600

Nice try though!Try reading more carefully next time!:rolleyes:

For those that don't know, you find these particular stats from the main HTC homepage under scores/kill stats/select country vs. country/select Bishop vs. All/then Knight vs. All/then Rook vs. All for the current camp.

You can even refine it to Knight vs. Bishops or Rooks or whatever, to see how each country fairs against the others.

Zazen:aok
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 12:32:40 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2004, 12:17:52 AM »
Well the numbers game happens. I log on and see the Rooks outnumbered and don't see any of them whine about it. A few hours later more long on and we have numbers. Then a bunch log off and we now don't. Numbers for each country fluxuate all the time. I love Zanzen's answer, due to it being so true. I used to fly Knits and at the time, we normally had the numbers. I moved to Rooks which normally at that time didn't. Things have changed, and will probably change again sometime in the future. When 1 side has numbers the majority of the fliers on the other countries attack the country with numbers, (i said most, not all) so in end it is still basically even. (ofcourse I'm sure some will disagree) Like Zazen said. Get your squads to do there squad nights together so your country can dominate on a certain night. I know this reply won't help your pain, but it's just the way it is.

HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2004, 12:19:18 AM »
Originally posted by xBarrelx

Bish Kills:   134406
Bish Deaths:   114582

LOLOLOLOLOL....

Reading comprehension 101, adult education courses at any community college.... You have the kills and deaths backwards..

Oh, by the way, the Bish ALWAYS have the worst kill to death ratio... it's tradition at this point.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004, 12:27:38 AM »
Originally posted by Widewing
LOLOLOLOLOL....

Reading comprehension 101, adult education courses at any community college.... You have the kills and deaths backwards..

Oh, by the way, the Bish ALWAYS have the worst kill to death ratio... it's tradition at this point.

My regards,

Widewing

Lol Widewing you are quite correct. I posted a LONG thread on this subject earlier this year. Bishops have never had a positive country K/D ratio since the game started, even when they had a HUGE numerical advantage. Bishops have a very consistant 0.85 to 1 K/D ratio camp to camp. Knights average 0.95 to an even 1 to 1 K/D ratio camp to camp. Rooks have always had a positive K/D ratio even when vastly outnumbered back in the dark ages of Rookland 2 years ago, Rooks K/D ratio averages 1.2 to 1 camp to camp.

So, in fact Rooks are and always have been the only country with a positive K/D ratio, regardless of the relative numerical disparity between the three countries...I'll find my old thread and bump it for those interested in a detailed examination of this statistical phenomena. Here is the link here...http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107685&highlight=country+stats

Zazen
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 12:50:01 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline crowMAW

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2004, 12:57:25 AM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Instead of whining about it, why not do the same things yourselves?

LOL...well, I think tonight we did.  Knits and Bish held an RJO Truce tonight that seemed to work pretty well.  It was not perfect, but in the end it seemed to turn the RJO tide. Bish were down to 13 fields and were headed to a quick reset.  Instead, they were able to hold and gain some back.   to the Knit/Bish squad COs that coordinated.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2004, 01:01:32 AM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
lol I used to think that only Rooks were the ones up above 20k but now I am seeing just about all sides up there evenly. I dont care much about the numbers difference. Being on the side with the least players allows for more fights. I dont spend all that much time on line anymore so when I log in I like to get some quick fights in without wasting much time. Although the numbers difference between Rooks and the other two sides have been lopsided for a while now it is has gotten much worse since the move to AH2.

I forget what I called the thread, but as beta began I predicted Rook numbers would become disproportionately greater than Knights and especially Bishops for reasons of customer demographics. To make a long story short, demographically speaking, Rooks are older people with careers who are better able to afford the necessary hardware required to run AH2. Your average Bishop 16 year-old flipping burgers at McDonald's for minimum wage simply cannot afford a $499 256MB Radeon 9800 XT. Obviously, this demographic distribution is a gross generalization, but accurate overall. As Morpheus noted the numbers support my earlier speculation.

Also, realize each country has numbers at different times of the day. Knights have alot of US West coasters so tend to have superior numbers 10pm to 4am Central. Bishops have alot of European players so tend to have superior numbers 4am to 4pm Central. Rooks have alot of US East Coasters so tend to have numbers 4pm to 10pm. The reason Rooks 'appear' to be advantaged numerically is because their period of superior numbers occurs during prime-time for the most amount of players, therefore more people witness this time period than the other two time periods.

But, look at it from the vantage of statistical significance. A 25 player advantage during prime-time when there's 100 people on each team on average is less impactfull percentage wise than the same 25 player advantage Bishops tend to enjoy during the day when there's 50 people per team on average. Those same 25 people represent a 50% advantage during the day, but only a 25% advantage at night during US prime-time. The same 50% advantage applies to Knights after midnight central. It's much easier for Knights or Bish to counter 125 Rooks when they have 100 people online than it is for Rooks or Knights to counter 75 Bishops when they have only 50 online during the daytime, for example.

Most people are only aware of the numbers situation during their particular play-time window, the numbers are actually more even than they appear subjectively from your particular play-time window if you were to see it from a 24-hour play-cycle perspective.

Zazen
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 01:43:30 AM by Zazen13 »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Outnumbered by Rooks...again
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2004, 01:14:48 AM »
Originally posted by rpm371
Hitech, Skuzzy, Pyro, et al.

there needs to be some balancing done by HTC. It is getting very old, very fast.

I don't normally post whines, but this one has some validity. Flame away.

I've been saying this for a long time now.
And just for the record I'd be just as unhappy no matter what country had the ungodly numbers including my own.
 There has to be a better way to balance the sides to create more balanced game play. This Horde or be horded situation has gotten way out of hand and is really getting quite old, fast
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty