Author Topic: Im Home  (Read 383 times)

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Im Home
« on: August 01, 2004, 04:22:52 PM »
After 2 weeks of training in MAA  (MP)  I recieved from the military program Im in, Im back to flying. The program is made for youth who wish to join the military when they are old enough. Ages are 14 to 18, myself being 17 allows for more rank and more responsibility. When we now join the military such as the Marines I will automatically be an E-3. Its an incredible program, and I HIGHLY recomend it to anyone who wants to get a headstart with the miltary.Now im back and sorry yall gotta put up with me again. We did special ops on three Naval vessels in the nearby Naval Park. A cruiser,destroyer, and a submarine. All three are connected together. We had paintball wars followed   classes on how to hold off and successfully retake command of a captured vessel. It was probally the best two weeks of my short life so far. Pictures are in order of U.S.S. Little Rock (Cruiser) U.S.S. Sullivans (Destroyer) U.S.S. Croaker (Submarine)  
[/IMG]
 [/IMG]
 [/IMG]

Anyone with further questions about the program can email me at BlueJ17@adelphia.net

I leave for tank school at Fort Drum(Watertown NY) in a few weeks.  I am very excited to go there considering Its very special to be going onto a just reactivated base.

Glad to be back, and see yall in the MA
BlueJ
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Im Home
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 07:21:45 PM »
lucky biatch.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Im Home
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 08:39:36 PM »
Not to brag but I am very lucky. I meet military personel almost daily ( retired and active) that tell me they would have given almost anything to beable to have done that when they were young. Thats why Im trying to spread the word, so others can take part. This program aint someone meeting in their backyard and selling lemonade. Its an actual United States, Canadian, and British goverment program.  Its the closest thing to the real deal. We wear the same uniforms with minor changes so we cant pass ourselves off as military personel. We cant sell uniforms because of the new law restricting the selling of goverment uniforms because they are so close to the real thing. We are not the boy scouts, nothing aganst them. We are the closet you can get to the real military before you sign on the line to be shipped off to basic.
U.S.N.
OEF 08-09'

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Im Home
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 10:44:15 PM »
That sounds like a serious TON-o-fun, with a point to it.
Keep up the good work neighbor
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Re: Im Home
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 10:54:05 PM »
Originally posted by BlueJ1
After 2 weeks of training in MAA  (MP)  I recieved from the military program Im in, Im back to flying. The program is made for youth who wish to join the military when they are old enough. Ages are 14 to 18, myself being 17 allows for more rank and more responsibility. When we now join the military such as the Marines I will automatically be an E-3. Its an incredible program, and I HIGHLY recomend it to anyone who wants to get a headstart with the miltary.Now im back and sorry yall gotta put up with me again. We did special ops on three Naval vessels in the nearby Naval Park. A cruiser,destroyer, and a submarine. All three are connected together. We had paintball wars followed   classes on how to hold off and successfully retake command of a captured vessel. It was probally the best two weeks of my short life so far. Pictures are in order of U.S.S. Little Rock (Cruiser) U.S.S. Sullivans (Destroyer) U.S.S. Croaker (Submarine)  
[/IMG]
 [/IMG]
 [/IMG]

Anyone with further questions about the program can email me at BlueJ17@adelphia.net

I leave for tank school at Fort Drum(Watertown NY) in a few weeks.  I am very excited to go there considering Its very special to be going onto a just reactivated base.

Glad to be back, and see yall in the MA
BlueJ

watch the history chanels special on marine corps tank school down there! motivating stuff! ohh and e-3 is a preety crappy rank in the core, non-rate, (BOOT CAMPER) LOL! i know spent 3 years in that grade before i made corpral. sergeants nice though, but pencil pushing staff sergeant is cushy!

are you going to go for officer or stay enlisted? sorry didnt get that part?

ohh and p.s. boat life suck's and stink's and your always hungry! have over a year at sea...

sgt 68devilm
usmc
im the one in cammie's getting promoted
:aok
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 10:59:06 PM by 68DevilM »

Offline MDM

• Zinc Member
Im Home
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 11:16:26 PM »
If you spent 3 years as an E-3 you are a total F.U.  I was E-5 in 3 years, E-6 at 6 years.
WTG BlueJ The Navy is a great way to go, and you'll actually learn a skill other than marching.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Im Home
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 11:20:57 PM »
hmm navy gets promoted by taking tests, your pft's a joke and you guys say i wouldnt let him talk to me like that when you see our supieriours repermand us. we get promoted all the way up from pvt to sgt by cutting scores, a score they come out with for each seperate jobs monthly, by a score you get from your rifle, physical fitness test, pro's-and con's, and none of the jobs ie 0311 basic grunt, 6116 v22helo mech. promote the same, for instance for myself, got in trouble once, then spent the rest of the time building up my composite score takes a while in more compeditive jobs to make it to the next rank. you also have to be recomended. also the corps is about ohh a quater the size of the other branches, meaning less ranks availble for the higher you go, and more compeditive:aok :D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 11:31:01 PM by 68DevilM »

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Im Home
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2004, 11:36:04 PM »
lol Dev I hear ya there... I've got 17 volumes of books to study for my rank to E-6.  That covers 3 different airframes(F-15, A-10, and U-2) complete avionics systems packages.  

That number includes one volume for the Air Forces PFE (Promotional Fitness Exam).  I've got a total of about 10  volumes on just avionics systems knowledge, 4 on electronic principles, and 2 on basic supply data and crap.  When the box of books comes in it's like getting a Christmas present that you never wanted.  Freaking box is huge.

We also have time in rank, time in service, performance reports, and any medals we may have received up to the current testing cycle.  We test against only folks in our jobs (MOS) and that are up for that same rank.  The selection process literally goes down to tenths of a point when it comes to who gets selected and who doesn't.  Really sucks to be the number one non selectee.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 11:40:41 PM by Cobra412 »

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Im Home
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 06:31:11 AM »
yeah, mdm thinks that 3 years in rank is unheard of! i know sgt's that have like 6 years in grade because they keep getting passed over, or thiers just not enough room for any more ssgt's
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 11:15:01 AM by 68DevilM »

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Im Home
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2004, 11:49:44 AM »
My plans for the military are already pretty much set. Ive talked to both Marine and Navy recruiters. And Im not sayn E-3 is the greatest rank, but its better then nothing. Im first going to join the Marines for a few years. Then Im going to go into the Navy's Seabees. Im already taking college engineering courses in highschool. Im going to go for officer considering I want to spend the rest of my life in the military.

P.S. I know ships smell, try sleeping on one for a week with no ventilation, bout 20 bodies, hasnt been cleaned in a good 20 years, and its a 80 degree night. :aok
U.S.N.
OEF 08-09'