Author Topic: Having trouble with P40E  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Having trouble with P40E
« on: July 26, 2004, 11:45:44 PM »

Things to do
- add eyes
- JINX
- fix prop up some

Im having trouble aligning the mouth on that part of the skin that overlaps it. I have gotten very close, but just enough that its noticable. I need help on finding a better way to align it.
Any tips/suggestions?

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 02:32:50 AM »

That is the closest I have gotten, still pretty far off.

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 07:44:38 AM »
Raptor from the looks of it you may need to scale down the piece your trying to overlay on this side.  I'd start by adjusting only the top area first in little increments.  Try getting just this sides teeths area selected when you do the scale so it doesn't scale down anything else on that layer.  Best thing to do is marquee that set of teeth by itself.  Copy it to a new layer and grab everything around it and then invert your selection.  Then do a transform scale.  Once you've got it right then you can merge the to teeth layers together by themselves.

I'm not sure what program your using but find something like scale or transform.  Take it from the top and pull it down little by little until your horizontal line for the teeth lines up.  The line I'm referring to is the white to green area.  Once you've got that lined up your going to need to bump the image towards the nose about three or four pixel lengths. to get the second tooth to overlay properly.

Once you've got that top line and the top tooth fairly close.  You'll need to come in from the bottom right and scale it in some pulling from the bottom right to top left.  Do it in small increments again and go in and check each time you've adjusted it some.  One thing to take note of is definitive points or lines on the teeth and referrence them to a panel line or rivet that is fairly close by.  That'll help with adjusting it out properly.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 07:51:50 AM by Cobra412 »

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 05:30:14 PM »

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 05:35:19 PM »
make the over lay transparent..

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 05:36:19 PM »
is that even possible?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 06:26:39 PM »
Yes, just use a unique color and "block" it out literally... Then when you index the colors, find the index # of that one single color, THEN make a .txt file named "skin_a.txt" where SKIN is replaced with p40e or whatever the exact default name of the file is called.

In that text put only the number that is the index of the transparency color. Save file, close it. Load it up, and anything that one color should NOT show up, thus anything under it WILL show up. I used it on the 109E I just did to get rid of a few problems

Offline Edbert

• Gold Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 07:10:15 PM »
Looks good to me, only two things I see...

The underside is not very much lighter than the upperside (maybe the lighting in your pictures).

The "13" on the vert is the wrong font.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Yes, just use a unique color and "block" it out literally... Then when you index the colors, find the index # of that one single color, THEN make a .txt file named "skin_a.txt" where SKIN is replaced with p40e or whatever the exact default name of the file is called.

In that text put only the number that is the index of the transparency color. Save file, close it. Load it up, and anything that one color should NOT show up, thus anything under it WILL show up. I used it on the 109E I just did to get rid of a few problems

how do i find the color number to use?

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 09:31:34 PM »
Raptor for Adobe Photoshop its under the info tab.  I don't have PSP loaded so I don't remember where it is in there.  Be sure to make your image a indexed file first.  Then select info tab then run your mouse of the the image and you'll get a number next to idx.  That is your index color.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 10:15:58 PM »
I use psp7, dunno how to make it an indexed file...

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 01:20:48 PM »
Originally posted by Cobra412
Raptor for Adobe Photoshop its under the info tab.  I don't have PSP loaded so I don't remember where it is in there.  Be sure to make your image a indexed file first.  Then select info tab then run your mouse of the the image and you'll get a number next to idx.  That is your index color.

can anyone tell me how to do this with PSP7? and how do I make my file an indexed file?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 01:31:40 PM »
I have never used PSP, but in Photoshop it's image menu, mode, indexed, and I usually choose "Adaptive" and 256 colors, then "Okay" and voila.

In Photoshop, anyways.

If in doubt, I can convert it for you and tell you the index number (I found a way of telling index in PS 5.0)

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 02:05:07 PM »

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Having trouble with P40E
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 02:38:12 PM »
didnt help... I dont use photoshop, I use paint shop pro and cant find the index color