Author Topic: stick/usb problems?  (Read 157 times)

Offline GUNS06

• Zinc Member
stick/usb problems?
« on: August 01, 2004, 07:50:47 PM »
I have been having some MAJOR problems with my USB MS Precision2 stick dropping out at random, I have reloaded the USB drivers, stick software, moved the usb conector for the stick to different slots, un-installed the the drivers for the stick and USB host controllers and re-installed same.
 I can play the game OFFLINE after re-installing and rebooting several times but, as soon as I start the game ONLINE...the stick goes away!, it still shows it connected but it won't move when I run the test in the SW 4.0 software.
 I was having trouble getting booted when I had WIN98se because of the memory managment problem so I loaded WIN2K and had conflicts causing disco's from video locking up all the time....SOOOOO, I loaded XP and no matter WHAT I disable it seems like I CAN NOT get the stick to stay working, and Norton tells me NOTHING is wrong !

WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THIS THING TO WORK FOR ME !

I have an ABIT KT7 raid (running raid 0) 640MB pc2100 DDR ram, athlon T-bird 1.4 GB CPU, Radeon Saphire 9600 256MB DDR Video card, PCI 512 Sound Blaster sound card, DX9b, MS Precision 2 USB stick.

Right now I am runnning WIN XP PRO with the FDD, EIDE 2 controller, serial ports 1 & 2 disabled in the Bios.

SB stick port disabled, and rage theater video disabled in WINXP

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
stick/usb problems?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 07:56:05 PM »
XP has native support for sidewinder, maybey a conflect. Try uninstalling all drivers and let xp load its own driver.

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
stick/usb problems?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 09:30:24 PM »
Yup,
I never bothered with the Sidewinder software for MS sticks.  Just let XP install it and set it up in AH.  There used to be some old threads about the SW software causing nose bounce, as well.

DJ229 - AIR MAFIA
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV