Author Topic: Suggestions for next version  (Read 1788 times)

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
Suggestions for next version
« on: March 30, 2000, 03:43:00 PM »
Scenario #1
Three high cons overhead and I’m making scissors back to base so as to discourage them. Ring Ring, doorbell, Have to see UPS  and find out what the Dragon Lady has ordered online and how to adjust to “deficit spending”. (my wife’s a democrat and I’m a political agnostic). Place plane in autopilot…. When I get back I am out of gas and gliding.. ping ping rata tat tat…. I am dead… In cases like this I think the system should change the plane type to “pidgin or duck”.

Scenario #2
Clear air, flying along… phone rings…. Being I’m supposedly working I have to answer… turn sound down, engage autopilot….your car is ready after being in the shop for two days (deficit spending #2)….. ping ping rata tat tat…. I am dead… drone mode again…..

Scenario #3
Leave to get new glass of chardonnay (this is California) and I come back ping ping rata tat tat… in flames just an ash heap on the plains… (Weasel, I think there’s a country and western song in there somewhere)….  Callous foreigners….

Scenario #4
Flying along…. My big dog wants a hug… puts foot on keyboard and plane does things planes shouldn’t do, chaos… plane screams, shoots sheep, does unnatural acts to sheep… What to do?
1)   Bail; too low…. Chute won’t hold bigdog and myself….
2)   BigDog and I go to O Club for lamb chops
3)   Do the right thing; resign priesthood, marry sheep, stop smoking,start eating grass.

OR
Press drone key…. Need drone key for instances like above…. If no keyboard or joystick input for Xminutes planetype changes to “drone” … no points or half points given to drone kills….. If my shooting doesn’t improve I will change my callsign to “drone” anyway.

Just a suggestion…

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2000, 04:19:00 PM »
Thats a good idea. If you saw a drone you could get in a low six pos. and wait for the duck to turn into a knight....might be real dangourous with a bomber drone..like drone roulet.

------------------
Pongo
The Wrecking Crew

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2000, 05:00:00 PM »
Maddog, I like that idea!   With my kids running around, more than once I could have used that. Now over time I have learned just not to fly when they are up and about.  

I see you are near by. I was in Fresno for years. Now up in Twain Harte, East of Stockton.

Got to love your call sign.  

daddog C.O.
332nd Flying Mongrels
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2000, 05:33:00 PM »
um, almost all kills in ww2 came from a pilot distracted doing other things and not checking for bandits.

and you want to have what now to signify your distracted state?

I guess I dont understand what you are asking for... we already have autopilot which flies the airplane when you get up to go do somthing else.

and you want to punish the pilot who found you in your fat dumb and happy state just because you were not paying attention?

is this what you really want?

------------------
CitabriAirbatiC

"There Is No Spoon"
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2000, 05:51:00 PM »
Yes I guess thats what I want...
Whats your point?

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2000, 07:19:00 PM »
Um...no offense....but that's daft.

The only way to enforce this is make a plane impervious to damage while in this 'away mode'.  We'd soon get dweebs putting their planes in 'away mode' when in deep toejam.

Swoop

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2000, 07:40:00 PM »
So you want a timeout button?

Anything that would make a kill not be counted as a death would be exploited to the EXTREME.

AKDejaVu

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2000, 07:57:00 PM »
You guys are taking this way to serious....
1) This was meant to be funny... my mistake
2) Anybody from Orlando (Disneyland) cannot preach relism...
3) FAA regs say a crewman can leave his post for... well you know..
4) If you need a beverage, you need a beverage.. the dragon lady refuses to stew (correction) be a flight attendent in my 190.. something like "you gotta bee kidding" explitives deleted.

Offline Rocket

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2000, 08:36:00 AM »
And the fishing award of the week goes to maddog for a well placed hook and line   Way to bag em bro!

S!
<BG>

Rocket

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2000, 08:46:00 AM »
Hehe, I can't believe you took him so seriously, Citabria. I was LOL while reading his post. I've been in those situations many times.

As a father of a young child, I often have to  throw the auto-pilot on to go change a diaper, or let the dog out, or refill my glass of Red Rose'. Hehe, last night I even went to cook supper while I was grabbing. Came back and found myself at 20K. Talk about multi-tasking!  

Great post, Maddog, glad to know I'm not the only one doing other things while flying.  

------------------
banana
308 (Polish) Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"
"On the whole, it is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them"

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2000, 02:49:00 PM »
LOL  

My 80lbm lap dog likes to hog the heater by my feet.  We have this battle going on, who deserves the heat from this heater?

My feet on the rudder peddles steering my way out of trouble.

-OR-

All of him laying there jamming my rudder peddles at the very worst time.  

I get the weirdest looks that seem to say "So what the hell is your problem, BTW got anymore treats?".  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

funked

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2000, 03:47:00 PM »
Yeah I'll just put my plane in drone mode and aim it at the enemy HQ...

Maddog I think for $30/month HTC should provide us with more services so we don't have to leave the computer.

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 04-01-2000).]

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2000, 05:26:00 PM »
Great idea funked.... how about a stew.. at least on the C47....... FAA says you need a flight attendent for over 15 people... two pilots, 10 paras... how about ht increasing paras and providing bev service....
doc

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2000, 05:34:00 PM »
lol
sorry didnt realize it was a joke  

btw Maddog its disneyworld, and yes I think its the worlds most annoying tourist trap.

but I can still preach realism  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2000, 01:17:00 AM »
You certainly can spell it better then me... Nice area by the way.. my sister lives in Melborne Beach.....

Its a small small world....
doc