Author Topic: View Mapping  (Read 557 times)

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
View Mapping
« on: August 02, 2004, 07:50:27 PM »
I am trying to map the same view key to multiple keys. For instance I want look straight back mapped to three positions on my hat switch. But everytime I map it it unmaps the previous keys.

Any ideas?

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
View Mapping
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 08:02:24 PM »
The solution obvious to me is to set 2 of those hat position to in AH stick mapping, and then use the stick manufacturers profiler to emulate KP_2 in those same two positions.  Of course thats assuming your stick has profile software.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
View Mapping
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 10:53:37 PM »
Need to either setup stick sets or map a look up & look down key on stick to modify the 8 flat views.

email me if you want help setting up the stick set switch, its a bit tricky at first.

Bonus with that is you get 16 views with a single button press. Don't have to hold a button to cycle around, and you can switch other things. Like guns from primary to all guns.

billj69@btinet.net

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
View Mapping
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 06:05:55 AM »
A couple of questions may be in order. Did you say you want to have the same view mapped to different hat positions? May I ask why?

Also, did you know the game provides both and "UP" and "DOWN" modifier key for views so you only have to assign one button to "add" an additional 8 views? Keypad 5 allows you to look straight up but is also modifies all your level views to a "look up 30 degree view" for your 8 cardinal compass point positions. The look down modifier is rarely needed in the game so i won't mention more about it at this time.

In other words, use your hat and look all around. You should see all your corners (if you use a 8 way hat) along with left, right and look back. Next, while holding your keypad 5 key down look around again. It modifies your view by only using one button. The next thing you need to determine is which button to assign as the look up modifier. The suggestion is to assign the look up modifier to a button which does not interfere with your ability to use your hat. I use CH products which have lotsa buttons. I have my look up modifier set up on a button on my throttle. This ensures I don't have to worry about trying to use my thumb and forefinger on the same hand, at the same time.

Ren

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
View Mapping
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 01:02:14 PM »
My computer had a virus for while so I was off for a few days. It's called the "My wife porked my computer Virus".

What I am trying to do is map the look back key to the look back, look back left and look back right positions.

Why?

Because this view gives a better 6 view in all positions than the default left and right views especially in the F4U. And a more realistic view to boot.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
View Mapping
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 01:36:14 PM »
what stick you got F4UDOA, I use a CH fiterstick ( analog and speedkeys software),  which has (3) 4 way hats and (1) 8 way hat, I have 20 views mapped,  
with using the  KP5 modifier.

I too use the back 30/45deg left, back 30/45 deg right, and  straight back views, as well as back up 30/45 deg view.

are you trying to look around the head rest on left and right with the KP2 key?

if you haven't gotten it fixed yet, let us know what stick you have and maybe we can help a little better.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 01:40:06 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
View Mapping
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 02:02:07 PM »
TC,

I have the Logitech Extreme 3D pro.

It has an 8 way hat switch.

Everytime I try to map another key to the same function (look back) it erases it on the other key I have set to the same function.

I want to use the <- and -> arrows to slide my seat position for a better view of my 6. I basically want to map three hat positions to the same view "Look straight back" and then modify them as needed.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
View Mapping
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 02:23:04 PM »
Originally posted by F4UDOA
TC,

I have the Logitech Extreme 3D pro.

It has an 8 way hat switch.

Everytime I try to map another key to the same function (look back) it erases it on the other key I have set to the same function.

I want to use the <- and -> arrows to slide my seat position for a better view of my 6. I basically want to map three hat positions to the same view "Look straight back" and then modify them as needed.
the inherent problem is you will not be able to save those 3 views

you can only save 1 "look back" view no matter what.

mapping buttons might be able to be done in some odd way, but it wont get you what you are looking for.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
View Mapping
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 02:58:07 PM »
exactly Jb73, when in the KP2 view, once you save your headposition by F10,  the next time you try to save ( for KP2) it will over write the one before.
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC