Author Topic: Hi Res Skins and UV MAPS (Skuzzy)  (Read 552 times)

Offline MnkyMeat

• Zinc Member
Hi Res Skins and UV MAPS (Skuzzy)
« on: August 03, 2004, 02:24:52 PM »
Hey Skuzzy

I'm wondering if you guys could post a hi-res skin for the Typhoon and Tempest   and well other planes too.

I started working on a typhoon Texture,,, I scaled the present low resolution skin that is in AH2 to 1024 size.
I started working on it and retracing all the lines and painting it, ,   but I realised that alot of the fighters elements don't have their own assigned locations on the UV map (unwrapped wireframe), , ,  ie. the cannons  are thrown in on top of the wings,,, somewhere,  and I dont know where the prop is or if it is there at all.

So I'm wondering if you guys are going to add a hi res skin for this plane soon. . .  I'v put a lot of work into its so far, ,  but would like to know if I should hold off or go ahead.  The main problem is parts that overlap in the image.

I will post a WIP of what I have done later.  dont have it here at work,   think you will like.  Maybe I can take some load off your shoulders.

MonkeyMeat

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Hi Res Skins and UV MAPS (Skuzzy)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 03:34:44 PM »
All the planes will eventaully get high res skins.  When they are done, they will be done.  It is about all I can say right now.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com