Author Topic: Denial Of Service via overwelming numbers of enemies  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2004, 09:44:01 PM »
Originally posted by Overlag
bish had this for a while, and everyone laughed.......

Knights are just unlucky being at the bottom of the current map........

I spent the first two years I played as a Rook.  For that time the Rooks were at the bottom 90% of the time.

Then I switched to Knights because I joined a now defunct squadron.  For the last year it seems the Knights have pretty much been at the bottom, although lately the Bishops have joined us there.

Don't tell me about playing the disadvantaged side.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 09:49:10 PM »
Originally posted by KurtVW
Denial of service?

I'm sorry, but you really should seek counseling.

You know, the constant cry-a-thon in this game the last week or so has become a disgusting wretch.  If I was Hitech I'd just shut it off and walk away.

You are an embarrasement to the gaming community and so are your ilk.

Tonite I had a guy (WildVipr) tell me that I was playing the game wrong because I hadn't taken the town down... I asked "Can you fly a 17?  Why do I have to do it?"

Then I got chewed by SEAugust because I wasn't playing stratigy tonite and was flying for points...

Ok fools, here's a heads up... Each and every one of us dumps 15 bucks a month right?  SO I'll play just how I like.  You want to change my style, then you can pay my monthly fee and I will follow YOUR edict... Until then, Eat my S.... Stuff.

Wow...hostile:lol

you saying cry-a-thon whilst posting a whine...VERY nice..:aok

Lighten up francis:lol
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2004, 09:50:19 PM »
Kurt,

OK.

I have no problem losing the war.  I have no problem usually losing the war.  I have no problem always losing the war.

I have no problem getting shot down.  I'm frankly not that good.

I do have a problem when every single time I log in the situation is always the same with us down to a few bases.  Once in a while I can understand.  Heck, 66% or 75% of the time I can understand.

But always being on the verge of losing the war when I log in makes it really hard for me to actually play the game.

What I'd like to see is the Knights not be on the verge of being reset every time I log in.  Every time gets old.

The ever increasing numbers of La-7s are just annoying and frusterating.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline KurtVW

• Copper Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 09:51:07 PM »
Wow...hostile

you saying cry-a-thon whilst posting a whine...VERY nice..

Lighten up francis

It wasn't a whine, it was in a very masculine tone of voice... you just read it wrong... Imagine more of an R. Lee Ermy sound..

Better?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 09:53:08 PM by KurtVW »

Offline KurtVW

• Copper Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 09:52:23 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Kurt,

OK.

I have no problem losing the war.  I have no problem usually losing the war.  I have no problem always losing the war.

You know what homeboy... Come fly Bishops... Then you'll have a point.  You haven't even seen suffering.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Hey Karnak?
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2004, 09:52:42 PM »
Do you have a squad now? If not...You like British planes...I'm in a squad and in a position to help maybe. If your interested:)
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2004, 09:56:19 PM »
Tonight Rooks had over 200 players. Yes on a Tue. Night!
I think we have the law of gravity at work here.
More and more players are being frustrated. And eventually gravitate to the strong side to get a little breathing room.
Its like a cancer. It just keeps spreading. It most certianly is the worst i have seen it in the 2 years i have played. The Margin of advantage just keep climbing. Somethings gota give sooner or later.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2004, 10:02:23 PM »
I spent the first two years I played as a Rook.  For that time the Rooks were at the bottom 90% of the time.

Then I switched to Knights because I joined a now defunct squadron.  For the last year it seems the Knights have pretty much been at the bottom, although lately the Bishops have joined us there.

Don't tell me about playing the disadvantaged side.

dont tell me either im a F**KING BISH :rolleyes: :mad:

i played knights when they out numberd.
i played bish when they out numberd.
I generaly play on the outnumberd side.

thats not what i ment anyway....all im saying is for the first time in quiet some time (err like 2months) its finaly NOT BISH IN THIS STUPID POSSITION of no fields to up from.

Every side has its ups and downs (expect rooks) and each time anyone complains the others laugh at them....now, its your turn :aok

BIG MAPS WOULD SLOW DOWN THIS PROBLEM OF ONE SIDE BEING STUCK IN THE CORNER

(that needs to be shouted......)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2004, 10:03:53 PM »
Originally posted by KurtVW
You know what homeboy... Come fly Bishops... Then you'll have a point.  You haven't even seen suffering.

well said

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2004, 10:15:05 PM »
Yeah, the numbers thing does suck badly lately. Like MugZ said, in two years I haven't seen it this lop sided, ever.

The frustrating part for me is the fact that I have many friends on the rooks side. Now when I say "friends" i mean people I talk to, BS wish, shoot the breeze with, fly with most of all, and just have more in common with if you will than either of the other two sides. Which is why for the most part, I fly with the rooks, with mind you, not FOR. My days of flying for a certain country have long been over. I fly for fun, I fly for me, and I play this game to enjoy the company of good people around me. If any of these are lacking I will go elsewhere. (ie. another country)

We (AoM) moved to the knights last tour, attempting to do our part to even up the numbers. We aren't a big squad in comparison to others so out switch was hardly influential. What is influential however is the fact that you see squads that originated on the knights and bishop side moving to the Rooks. Squads like The Regulators, The Shiznot :rolleyes:, and several others are among those who have moved to the Rooks when they are needed the least.

And like Mugz said, somethings going to change, budge, get better. Its only a matter of time.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2004, 10:24:36 PM »
I did.  My system choked as I tried to up an A6M2 against vluching F4Fs.

try it this week - different map/planes maybe better on your system
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 10:26:22 PM »
Kurt,

OK.

I have no problem getting shot down.  I'm frankly not that good.

I do have a problem when every single time I log in the situation is always the same with us down to a few bases.  Once in a while I can understand.  Heck, 66% or 75% of the time I can understand.

But always being on the verge of losing the war when I log in makes it really hard for me to actually play the game.

What I'd like to see is the Knights not be on the verge of being reset every time I log in.  Every time gets old.

its been 2 FREAKING DAYS and your moaning? come back in 6months with the same problem and i will feel for you. Im sure business will be as normal soon, with you and rooks all fighting Bish.............but i guess you will be the first to post here saying HAHAHA to Bish "whine threads":rolleyes:

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 10:32:03 PM »
about the whole changing sides thing, HTC should make something along the lines of this

if one (or more) side(s) ever have a perk bonus under 0.5 (ie lots of players = bad perk bonus) then people will NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN that side within the same week, only leave it. If that side then has a normal week, ie doesnt hit that same massive high, it will be open again....... I dunno.....

"normal" lopsided numbers are ok, but the numbers lately are a joke.........and an american joke at that (not funny :p)

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2004, 10:41:37 PM »
why not just make it so if 1 side has like over 100% numbers the 2 lower sides get the Nuke:D
known as Arctic in the main

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2004, 10:42:01 PM »
I comprehend that none of ya comprehend what any of ya are comprehending.
Comprehend?:rofl
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty