Author Topic: Denial Of Service via overwelming numbers of enemies  (Read 1105 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2004, 10:44:41 PM »
The Mossie is a very fine and capable fighter. Fly it light and stop whining.  Also switch countries if you cant good fights in your current one, and no, there are absolutely no loyalty issues about switching between  one silly litte computer game icon or another...

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2004, 10:49:45 PM »
i feel your pain the bishs have been suffering to

and i to realy love that plane

i would say perk the LA7 but i would rather perk the 190d-9 just because im geting sick of them running from everfight

maybe using the perks   would be good idea make it so no one can make perks anymore at all on the 1 side that has huge numbers  that would bring a nonforce way of doing it
known as Arctic in the main

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Overlag
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2004, 10:53:13 PM »

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2004, 10:53:24 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
The Mossie is a very fine and capable fighter. Fly it light and stop whining.  Also switch countries if you cant good fights in your current one, and no, there are absolutely no loyalty issues about switching between  one silly litte computer game icon or another...

no its not it is no match for alot of true fighters it can pretend to be one and kill the foolish but LA7s niks P51s P38s Spits can all own the Moss in almost everthing but firepower the spits are slow thats the only thing
known as Arctic in the main

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2004, 11:14:35 PM »
Originally posted by simshell
no its not it is no match for alot of true fighters it can pretend to be one and kill the foolish but LA7s niks P51s P38s Spits can all own the Moss in almost everthing but firepower the spits are slow thats the only thing

And that mindset is why you probably suck in fighters...

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2004, 11:16:06 PM »
there are absolutely no loyalty issues about switching between one silly litte computer game icon or another...
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2004, 12:00:56 AM »
There are only two fighters which regularly beat me and I have not figured out a good, or at least workable, combat method.  Those would be the Typhoon and the La-7.

I kill them more than I die to them, usually, but that is really just using altitude or snap shots.

I can, if very light, give an La-7 a very good fight if he doesn't simply use his power to go into the verticle.  Because they usually underestimate the Mossie they usually are willing to turn with it.  If it is extremely light, it can win that fight, but it is hard.

Spitfires and N1K2s are both mostly harmless, unless they have a bit of altitude and you are on the deck.  I kill way more of each of those than I die to.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2004, 12:03:15 AM »
That said, I fully plan on switching to the Ki-84 the moment it is introduced.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline FT_Animal

• Nickel Member
Re: Denial Of Service via overwelming numbers of enemies
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2004, 01:52:05 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Every day for the last week when I've logged on the Knights have been pushed into a few bases in a corner with no radar and constant higher cons.

This constitutes an effective denial of service of the game I am paying for.  I pay, but am not allowed to play.  It is utter bull****.

Couple that with an MA that grows ever more hostile to the types of aircraft that I like.

Add to that a game that will, every so often, pause for a second or so.  I had an La-7 in a perfect killing position.  One 1 second pause latter (apparently caused by a Hurri IIc that tried to HO me) I have no clue where the La-7 went and I am alone (remember, no radar or dar of any kind) against an La-7, Tiffie, Hurrie and F6F with a piece of crap Mossie.

Complete crap.

BS!!!

Denial of service, how rediculous will AH players get? Denial of service is when you are actually DENIED to let you play, you choose not to because of circumstances. Trying to put a legal swing on it only works with people who know nothing about common sense.

There are MANY players on these boards that I truely feel embarrassed for. I mean really, what the HELL will you people try next to bend the game to your advantage or liking?

Denial of service, good lord when you guys reach for straws you really reach around the whole planet don't you.

Next time try stomping your feet, foaming at the mouth and screaming bloody murder,... ah hell go for it,.. scream RAPE!!

THERE ARE OTHER ARENAS.
Unless you just happen to like flying with sniveling baby seals, it is contagous ya know.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2004, 02:27:17 AM »
Ok, let's get one thing straight. Anyone who has been playing AH for more than a year has probably spent their time in the bucket. Human nature says the dissatisfied are going to complain, usually loudly. Most people probably have figured out that the 'squeeky wheel' gets the oil, so again more whining. But, realize HTC does not impose restrictions on the freedom of choice of its customers, a dictatorial approach suddenly imposed on a player base accustomed to free choice would be sheer business folly. The whining from that would border on armed insurrection. All HTC can realistically do to help you is what they have already done, that is add incentives for people who choose the road less travelled (Perk multipliers, adjusted ENY values, etc).

When you take a whine, a whine that is already on thin ice because, as stated above, we've all done our time in the bucket and turn in into a legal issue on HTC's corporate website BBS, that is tantamount to a legal threat against HTC. Not only are you threatening them legally but you are indirectly inciting others suffering your plight to do the same. I think it's clear what you are experiencing is in no way, shape, or form a denial of service issue. What you are experiencing is the bottom of the bucket.

Take it from someone who had the dubious honor of climbing the steep cliff that is the learning  curve of AH while at the bottom of the bucket (Rooks Mid-2002), it gets better. It gets better with or without the whining and the thinly veiled legal blustering. Trust me when I say you are not going to make it get better faster with this type of post. In fact, you are just going to make your team that much more unattractive to players who may have otherwise sympathized with you and may have chosen to come help.

Zazen
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 03:12:34 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2004, 02:43:27 AM »
I like sitting under my oak tree at night looking at the stars drinking a bottle of scotch.  Dreaming about how wonderful my life could be if I just had ******* & ****** when I had the chance.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2004, 04:40:02 AM »
Overlag - I agree with your big maps "shout" earlier on. :aok

Karnak, I feel your pain. I don't think I would couch it within the terms of "denial of service". Think of it instead as paying $$$ to go to the cinema, and the film turns out to be crap. You can sit through it and whine afterwards, or you can walk out part way through.  Right now, I feel that the gameplay is akin to a crap movie, and  have made the latter choice.

Offline senna

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2004, 04:48:44 AM »
thats why the Germans invented the me-262. Got perks?

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
Denial Of Service
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2004, 07:01:18 AM »
Half the problems in this thread could be solved by adding a range squelch option.

IKON

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Denial Of Service
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2004, 08:51:46 AM »
I agree that perk point bonus's for moving to undermanned country is probably the answer.

Moving from the least populated country to either of the other 2 should cost you roughly the same as a reset.

As for flying in the bucket, Knights have had their share & more. Its only recently the bish have joined us. Rooks are on top right now which is cool, they have spent a LOT of time at the bottom.

Thing is you either adapt, fly a different plane, go hunt the attackers. Or you log off.
When bases are getting pounded by big attack planes is some of the best flying you can find. Providing you can find a field to get up un vulched.

You may  have to fly a bit farther, think a bit smarter, be a bit more carefull about who & when you attack.

But every time I've landed a 4 kill sortie in my yak9T this tour. Its been when we had our backs to the wall.

Its a Target Rich Enviorment!
Half of the battle is in your head.
The other half is adapting to the circumstances!