Author Topic: Even the early morning hours.....  (Read 1417 times)

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
Even the early morning hours.....
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2004, 06:32:04 PM »
Careful Jackal, the Rooks are busy whining in another post how they never have decent numbers.....:lol
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2004, 06:39:41 PM »
I just read that post about rooks not having enough numbers for an answer to their lack of organization. Almost pissed my pants laughing. :lol
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2004, 07:33:11 PM »
Originally posted by RELIC
Careful Jackal, the Rooks are busy whining in another post how they never have decent numbers.....:lol

Well ....after going after the towel to clean up the iced tea I spewed everywhere after reading the first post of that thread I just go to say that is by far the most productive troll with such an outright fiction based subject, known to all, that I have ever witnessed.
Greatness must be applauded. :D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2004, 08:45:53 PM »
Originally posted by Cooley
One of us pee in your cereal bowl or somthin?

You take this Bish-Nit-Rook thing way to seriously IMO,
most of us share many of the same intrests in WW2 aircraft, History etc., Just curious why you constantly rip on guys that you would probably enjoy havin a beer with?

Cooly this is why I play the game the way I do.

I dont give a Rats behind who I am flying for, with, against, into or whatever. As long as I am having a good time I am getting my 15 bucks worth from the game.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2004, 10:38:56 PM »
The thread was started 2 years ago.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2004, 10:48:42 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex

Shhh, you are ruining our filter test of situational awareness.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2004, 11:52:42 PM »
I erased countless of differently phrased posts bemoaning the pathetic state of mankind. Surely, I said, we will soon be extinct as donkeys possess a higher average intelligence. But, I decided to simply state the obvious without editorial since even the obvious will likely be misunderstood.  ;)

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2004, 02:48:53 AM »

D'oph!  That explains it!  I gotta start paying more attention to my surroundings.
It was nice to see the Bish having a better night tonight, but had to be a bummer for the Knits.  They put up a heck of a fight until the numbers ran over em  >S< Knits.
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2004, 07:52:12 AM »
Originally posted by Rolex

One of the most excellent of all trolls........a vintage troll.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2004, 09:19:50 AM »
I dont think ppl like Zazen have came to realize that it isnt Players like him that have been responsible for the evolution of Rook numbers growing. In fact i have posted my thoughts in another thread to why this situation has arised over the last year.

Originally posted by Mugzeee
It is my personal recollection that in the earlier days the followings comments were very accurate "If a country is gangbanged, no matter which country, and it has the equivalent of numbers of the two other countries combined, it does not have "numbers". Fighter for fighter, it faces an equal number of enemies, only on two fronts."
However this no longer rings true.

It cannot be disputed that the 2 countries with the largest numbers attack the country with the lowest numbers in effort to "Steal" the win from each other and collect the Perks and the Honor of being named the "Winner". It’s also true that most players play for ONE simple reason. (THE KILL) Don’t try to kidd me or yourself. Players will switch just to partake in the Vulch Fest and get their Name In Lights faster than you can say “Jimmy Cracked Corn” “Or Jimmy Landed 6 kills in a La7 of ______. LOL
And to answer the next question. Yes they will do it even knowing that "Win War" Peraks are not awarded. They still see their name in lights and gain easy fighter perks via Pick Kills and Vulch Kills.
 And LAST BUT NOT LEAST, I believe this for some odd reason builds EGO and confidence for most.
 With the current setup we can expect this to be the Normal.
Likewise it cannot be disputed that it is becoming increasingly more un-balanced as time goes by.  It used to be a big deal when a said country had 20 to 30 more players than the other two. [color=redNow its very common the see a single country at prime time (Eastern Time) having 70to 80 players advantage over the other two.[/color]

You do have those that are claiming that Knights or Bishops have numbers during the morning and daytime. While this is true its usually to the tune of about 20 maybe 30 players on average over either of the other two countries.

Anyone is free to try and convince us otherwise. And in doing so hes proving he is in denial or just plain ignorant!
Either way any such attempt will earn any such person/persons a reserved spot on my personal "Ignor List" :P

Why has it become more and more lopsided than ever before?
I think we might be seeing a "Security in Numbers" thing playing out. Imagine if you were a New Player to AH2 these days and you join up with the Bish or Knights at first logon. After a few weeks you are getting you butt pummeled for a couple of reasons. First you may be  (New to AH2 Flight Model or even MA style Simming)
Secondly (your country is out numbered by the other 2 countries by 50 70 EVEN nearly 100 layers in some cases.) It soon becomes obvious that IF you are going to learn to play this game? It would be a lot more fun learning if you did it knowing you had 4 or 5 buddies nearby at all times to help you if you get you tit in the wringer. Couple this with other factors. Perk Points for kills, (While you might get fewer points per kill. You will get kills galore.) Endless Vulching sessions, Getting your name in lights for a change, via the system “Kills Landed” message) Makes tons of sense for the newbie and unfortunately for some Ego seekers.
There is the issue “What if I want to fly with a friend?”
Maybe we could swap countries with a willing participant for a day? PS (This might cause people to strive to have a little more diplomatic behavior towards others)
Im sure there are tons of ins and outs on the idea. But I would welcome another attempt at trying to balance the MA numbers to within a certain ratio.
 Nonetheless I think HTC has proven that they can do as they wish and for the most part we will continue to play no matter the issues or fixes.

This is the “Give up sissy attitude” that causes the MA unbalance in the first place.
But that’s just me. I tend to feel a loyalty in anything I do. Unless of course, it’s for a ROOK! LOL
No harm intended guys. But IMO i feel it has become a problem with the over all Game Play expereince. Either way I choose to Press ON! Out Numbered or not. :)

PS. Remember...If yous Rooks react to this post saying that i am a whiner and no change is needed? Then i wont need to call you a whiner who is trying to stop something that "Doesnt matter" anyway :D
Bye Bye ;)

To my utter surprise i seen Rooks with 190 to 220 players 4 out of 7 days last week.

Added:

Just logged into MA this Sat morn 2 mins after this reply.
Looky what i found.

Bish .......27 Feieds.....Bish NW territory
Knights..12 Fields.......Knights NE territory
Rooks.....36 Fields......Rooks SE territory

Whens the last time you seen any country starting with the SE territory of Mindinao do sooo well?
Rooks had serious numbers last night and it shows this morning.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 09:43:55 AM by Mugzeee »

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2004, 10:10:52 AM »
Obviously the horde mentality is the majority in the MA,  it is clearly the most prevailant.

So lets just give Rooks their own arena to capture bases in without any resistance what so ever, since that seems to be there preffered flight trait anyway.

That would leave a 2 country based war & MAYBE JUST MAYBE we could get 2 sides to keep it close. AH history has shown us theres no way we can keep it close with 3 countries.

Anton

Offline Black Sheep

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/empire21productions
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2004, 10:28:16 AM »
Anton, pull your panties out yer butt. How is it you (or anyone else here) can see the horde mentality from any other country but your own?
I know why....:rolleyes: :rofl

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2004, 10:54:58 AM »
Well dipstick, I Look at the map.

But here is a lil bit of trivia for you to help you understand where my opinion comes from---

I flew Rook for a while before AH2 moved to MA, then my puter couldnt play AH2, but I kept my account open for 3 months hoping for a solution. When no solution could be had, I decided to buy a new system.

When I got my new system I arrived back in MA as a Rook. Flew 2 days w/ rook, always watching map & numbers. Not 1 single time in those 2 days, in morning, noon, or nite, did the Rooks not have a LARGE numbers adavantage.  

After 2 days of racing 7 countrymen to the ONLY con in the sector, Or de-winging a plane at 20k only to see 5 (apparently kill starved)countrymen chase  the carcass to the ground, I got BORED!!!!! REAL BORED!!!!!

I beacame part of the SOLUTION and not part of the PROBLEM

I dont know what the cure to feeble minded players choosing the cakewalk path to undefended bases is. And thats not MY job.
But Its REAL obvious that MANY people are SICK of the constantly lopsided numbers, and SICK of the horde wimps. Many of us long for a game where the outcome is determined by skill, and not just how many people are on 1 side.

I switched from the side w/MOST numbers to the side w/LEAST numbers.  I have taken steps to try to improve the gameplay, have you?

Anton

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Re: Even the early morning hours.....
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2004, 11:00:35 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
12:25 AM Central time.
Is nothing sacred anymore? :D

was in ma this morning at 8:30am est. and numbers were fairly low on all sides, 30-40's for bish and knites, 60-70's for rooks:eek:

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2004, 11:51:53 AM »
I dont think ppl like Zazen have came to realize that it isnt Players like him that have been responsible for the evolution of Rook numbers growing. In fact i have posted my thoughts in another thread to why this situation has arised over the last year.

I never said anything of the sort.
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc