Author Topic: A crappy reset idea  (Read 293 times)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
A crappy reset idea
« on: August 06, 2004, 12:42:27 AM »
Instead of waiting days (with no dar and and just enough people to defend the last 3 bases, but not actually get out of the pickle) for the reset, would it be possible to have a timer start when the 4th to last base has been taken?  

It could work like this:
If the reset does not occur within say 3-4 hours after the 4th to last base is taken, a peace treaty is negotiated and the map resets.  If the losing team manages to take a base ( they now have 4) the timer stops and is reset until they drop below 4 agian.

...or if your HQ gets surrounded, its over.

ok, that was two crappy ideas

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
A crappy reset idea
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 09:40:40 AM »
Those ideas are not crappy at all. I would prefer if the reset was set to 25% of original bases remaining. If you started out with 100 bases (big maps) you would lose (after a timer) if you only have 25 bases left.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
A crappy reset idea
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 09:42:47 AM »
I agree with these options.  Porking one country down to no bases sucks.  Game play suffers and so does moral.  Even being on the winning side sucks at that point.

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
A crappy reset idea
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 12:02:39 PM »
Yeah, once one side is down to 5 bases, you hear some guy on a mountain with a giant horn that says, "PILOTS! ASSEMBLE!" and then everyone ups in ANYTHING that can carry a bomb, about 70 pilots go and attack the remaining bases. Then they forget the goon.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
A crappy reset idea
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 12:57:35 PM »
I like those idears.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
A crappy reset idea
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 01:09:28 PM »
I like it but shorter time. I'd say when a side hits 4 fields buffer message says, "Knights have 4 fields remaining". Then a 1 hour timer starts if 1 field is not taken by Bish/Rooks in that hour a truce is called and the map resets with no perks awarded. If within that hour Knights take a field for a total of 5 fields buffer message says, "Knights are out of danger" or something like that.

That coupled with Xargo's idea on dar would go a looong way to improve gameplay.

----------------------
I must agree that killing HQ should not kill radar at every field. What I feel is if HQ is down and you took off from field 19, you would only be able to see field 19's radar and not any other fields. The only way to see all radar while HQ is down is to go to each and every one of your fields. Also I think the DarBar should never be disabled. If a field is under attact, more then likely you are going to get reports on about how many cons there are.
----------------------

Heck if the fields were closer together on top of this I'd say you got a good game on your hands! Just kidding HT. ;)