Author Topic: S! Ripsnort  (Read 130 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
S! Ripsnort
« on: March 15, 2000, 01:42:00 PM »
 I just wanted to salute Ripsnort for a good 190 vs. 190 fight last night.   A pesky f4u got in our way, but it was still a fun fight on the deck using the terrain and what not.

S!

udie

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
S! Ripsnort
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2000, 01:51:00 PM »
WHAT!  You mean Rip didnt have his 31 wingmen in tow?  <GDR Smartly>

I Salute Rip as well (just for being a helluva nice guy  -->Salute

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
S! Ripsnort
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2000, 02:04:00 PM »
Wow, I feel honored! Thks  for  kind words guys!

Regards  to the  fight, once I'd drawn  the 190 on my tail(you) away  from the group of reds above(ran!) I dipped over  the canyon and went low, so you wouldn't see  my initial turn  to  reverse back into you..once  I got
into my reversal, and started the high yo yo, I noticed  how well the enemy (you) were staying with me, I thought "We have no avg. 190 driver  here..."  and the adrenline kicked in, man, when  I was done with that fight, I'll bet my blood pressure would have  busted the balloon!  

Thanks again, it's many many many flights, then you have a fight like that...that's what keeps me coming back! <S>

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
Aces High Training Corps
JG2 "Richthofen"

"Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them."

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 03-15-2000).]

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
S! Ripsnort
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2000, 02:46:00 PM »
 Yeah you got me w/ that reversal, I thought for sure you'd nose down for speed when you crested that hill.  I looked over and saw you at 3:00 and though uh oh.  

I turned into your turn and that's when I saw the f4u, so instead of cutting of your angle, I had to extend for speed to meet the f4u.  Then I got him to merge me in the vertical from above at 1k ft   no manuver kill though  

Then I augered watching you attack me from my 6. was a realy cool crash though, I would have lived had you not been there to finish me off hehe.

udie