Author Topic: Sick and Tired  (Read 2050 times)

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2004, 02:39:18 PM »
>>Well, Bush should be running on his last 3 1/2 years in the ACTUAL JOB. The Dems should be attacking on that performance.

Kerry should be running on his record in public service, his Senate record. The Republicans should be attacking on that performance.

There's enough dung in both those heaps for a shirt-slinging mud fest by all parties.
<<

Agree 100%

Its just so fun to stir the dittos when they whip themselves into a frenzy :D

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2004, 02:40:35 PM »
In case you pinkos miss it from the other thread...

132 Cong.Rec. S3564-02
AMENDMENT NO. 1718
(Purpose: To restrict assistance to the Nicaraguan democratic resistance to humanitarian assistance, and for other purposes)

The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator from Massachusetts is recognized.

Mr. KERRY. Thank you, Mr. President...

[...]

Finally, President Nixon, 1970. "In cooperation with the armed forces of South Vietnam, attacks are being launched this week to clear out major enemy sanctuaries on the Cambodian-Vietnam border."

Mr. President, I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the President of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia.

I have that memory which is seared-seared-in me, that says to me, before we send another generation into harm's way we have a responsibility in the U.S. Senate to go the last step, to make the best effort possible in order to avoid that kind of conflict.

Mr. President, good intentions are not enough to keep us out of harms way.

Captain's Quarters has posted the letter from the Swift Boat Vets, her is the intro and the portion to do with the Christmas in Cambodia;

Dear Station Manager:

The purpose of this letter is to present some of the factual support for the advertisement "Any Questions?" produced and used by Swift Boat Veterans For Truth ("Swiftvets"), an organization properly registered under Internal Revenue Code § 527, and which has filed all required reports. Swiftvets is an organization led by Rear Admiral Roy Hoffmann, USN (retired), Commander of all Swift boats in Vietnam during the period of John Kerry's four-month abbreviated tour in Swift boats between late November 1968 and mid-March 1969. A list of the 254 members may be found on http://www.swiftvets.com. A large majority of those who served with John Kerry in Swift boats in Vietnam and whose location is known have joined the organization. Thus, for example, sixteen of the twenty-three surviving officers who served in Coastal Division 11 with Kerry (the place where Kerry spent most of his time) have joined the organization, together with most of Kerry's Vietnam commanders and 254 sailors from Coastal Squadron One, ranging from Vice-Admirals to Seamen.

The purpose of Swiftvets is to present the truth about John Kerry's post-Vietnam charges of war crimes and John Kerry's own Vietnam record. Swiftvets is uniquely positioned to do so since it includes most of the locatable sailors and officers who served with John Kerry in Vietnam.

John Kerry has made his Vietnam record the central focus of his presidential candidacy, depicting purported Vietnam events in nearly $100 million in advertising. Copies of ads such as "Lifetime" and "No Man Left Behind" may be found on Kerry's website. Kerry's authorized campaign biography, Tour of Duty: John Kerry and the Vietnam War, by Douglas Brinkley (New York: HarperCollins, 2004) ("Tour"), centers on his short Vietnam tour and contains Kerry's account of these events. Additional accounts by Kerry of his Vietnam experience may be found on his website...

[...]

C. Christmas In Cambodia

If there is a consistent[1] repeated story by John Kerry about his Vietnam experience, it is his story about how he and his boat spent Christmas Eve and Christmas of 1968 illegally present in Cambodia and, listening to President Nixon's contrary assurances, developed "a deep mistrust of U.S. government pronouncements." See Exhibit 24, Kranish book, p. 84. The point of his story was that his government and his commanders were lying about Kerry's presence in Cambodia on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. During a critical debate on the floor of the United States Senate on March 27, 1986, Senator John Kerry said:

Mr. President, I remember Christmas of 1968 sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by Vietnamese and Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and have the President of the United States telling the American people that I was not there; the troops were not in Cambodia.

I have that memory which is seared -- seared -- in me . . . .

Exhibit 25, Congressional Record - Senate of March 27, 1986, page 3594.

By way of further example, Kerry wrote an article for the Boston Herald on October 14, 1979:

"I remember spending Christmas Eve of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border being shot at by our South Vietnamese allies who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost killed by our own allies in a country in which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real."

See Exhibit 26.

The Christmas in Cambodia story of John Kerry was repeated as recently as July 7, 2004 by Michael Kranish, a principal biographer of Kerry from The Boston Globe. On the Hannity & Colmes television show, Kranish indicated that Kerry's Christmas in Cambodia was a critical turning point in Kerry's life.

The story is a total preposterous fabrication by Kerry. Exhibit 8 is an affidavit by the Commander of the Swift boats in Vietnam, Admiral Roy Hoffmann, stating that Kerry's claim to be in Cambodia for Christmas Eve and Christmas of 1968 is a total lie. If necessary, similar affidavits are available from the entire chain of command. In reality, Kerry was at Sa Dec -- easily locatable on any map more than fifty miles from Cambodia. Kerry himself inadvertently admits that he was in Sa Dec for Christmas Eve and Christmas and not in Cambodia, as he had stated for so many years on the Senate Floor, in the newspapers, and elsewhere. Exhibit 27, Tour, pp. 213-219. Sa Dec is hardly "close" to the Cambodian border. In reality, far from being ordered secretly to Cambodia, Kerry spent a pleasant night at Sa Dec with "visions of sugar plums" dancing in his head. Exhibit 27, p. 219. At Sa Dec where the Swift boat patrol area ended, there were many miles of other boats (PBR's) leading to the Cambodian border. There were also gunboats on the border to prevent any crossing. If Kerry tried to get through, he would have been arrested. Obviously, Kerry has hardly been honest about his service in Vietnam.
[/b]

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2004, 02:41:35 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
>>Well, Bush should be running on his last 3 1/2 years in the ACTUAL JOB. The Dems should be attacking on that performance.

Kerry should be running on his record in public service, his Senate record. The Republicans should be attacking on that performance.

There's enough dung in both those heaps for a shirt-slinging mud fest by all parties.
<<

Agree 100%

Yep.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2004, 02:50:02 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird

<<

Agree 100%

Its just so fun to stir the dittos when they whip themselves into a frenzy :D

any guess as why skerry isn't using his lifetime political experiences??

you think the dung has hit the fan concerning his 4 month war hero tour? you ain't seen nothing yet  - his politics for the past 30 years will truly show his agenda and lack of leadership/resolve

"I SEE COMPLEXITIES"

LOL

:rofl
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2004, 03:30:56 PM »
Hortland , very nice thank you.  Guess our buds on other side havent found a way to twist your post as I havent yet seen a reply.

Lets see ,while back the liberals had a grand chance to vote for 2 true heros.  They voted for someone who hated the military and didnt even join the guard as janitor.A man full of lies and deceit. their motto was....Military service has nothing to do with it.

Now they have a chance to vote for someone that has expearance as commander in chief during war time, someone a huge majority of those in harms way now, would like to keep as cic. But no...they will vote for another man, that is full of lies and deceit, a vet that lied about christmas 1968 [ lier]  a vet that wont open  all his military records and wont talk about his senate votes [deciet].....A true American hero that recieved 3 purple hearts, 2 of which no one knows who recommended him for them and 1 of which he recieved for shooting his bellybutton full of rice....This is your hero?? Ya  I guess it would be.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2004, 03:35:58 PM »
Again - NOT an answer lol. Where the hell was he? PLEASE give me a link the explains where he was in 1972 when was supposed to be in Alabama. Was he working on a campaign?

What rock have you been under?  Bush released ALL of his records.  Has Kerry?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Sick and Tired
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2004, 03:44:43 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
Yes Kerrys service can be questioned. But only by veterans themselfs.

Not by tulips like Grunhertz. Live life a bit more Grunhertz and then maybe we will take what you have to say seriously.

Regards.

Sweat Jeasious TehWobble moved to Sweden?

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Re: Sick and Tired
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2004, 03:45:19 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Of this constant bashing of a war veteren. Yea I'm talking about Kerry.

All this "questionable medals" crap is just that... crap. You (cons) all should be ashamed of yourselves for your hypocrisy. You claim to be pro-troop and patriotic to the core, yet you have no trouble spitting on a man who actually put himself in harms way.

... they sicken me.

AMEN!
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2004, 03:46:02 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
attack on Kerrys service by the limp wristed right that prefer that others die for there country

The "attack" is being lead by people who put their lives on the line right there with Kerry.  And most of them for more than 4 months.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2004, 03:52:13 PM »
Really? The attacking I see is from people that wouldnt dream of putting thier lives on the line for thier country for 4 minutes.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2004, 03:52:49 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Really? The attacking I see is from people that wouldnt dream of putting thier lives on the line for thier country for 4 minutes.

Who would that be?

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2004, 03:53:41 PM »
Pongo doesn't get it Funked....best to just let him do what he does best....wallow in confusion:)

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2004, 03:54:04 PM »
Wow Pongo, can you give me a link to some of their books or speeches or press releases?  Or are you just making yet another ad hominem attack against people you disagree with on this board.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2004, 03:55:08 PM »
No.. I swear! I'm out of this thread!

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
Sick and Tired
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2004, 03:56:35 PM »
Tweety bird.....

If you will show me where kerry was, christmas of 1968 and tell me who was president, christmas of 1968 .

I promise I will spend 2 and 1/2 hours on the puter trying to find out about 1972.....Deal?......If not than drop the 1972 bit.

PONGO....and just who would that be?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 03:59:49 PM by demaw1 »