Author Topic: Oil $45 A Barrel  (Read 979 times)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« on: August 09, 2004, 05:08:40 PM »
Fillling the car up starting to hurt?

And they are blaming the Russians? Dosn't make sense when the Russian oil supplies make up less then 2% of global oil production.

Yet thanks to Bush we have an unjust war in Iraq with it's regional and global political impact reducing many international relations to an all time low. And the ever increasing violence in Iraq resulting in security risks from militias reducing production or stopping it altogether in some regions.

And Saudi Arabia which has been badly exposed as the house of cards that it is and ready to fall.

OBL must be laughing in his cave on the impact all of this is having to world economies.

...-Gixer

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 05:10:59 PM »
Just remember the war was all about oil.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 05:11:38 PM »
Situation must be good for the oil exporting counties!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Re: Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 05:12:39 PM »
Originally posted by Gixer
Fillling the car up starting to hurt?
...-Gixer

Nope.  Gas prices are actually down where I live...  (SF bay area)

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 05:26:57 PM »
Gixer, I think you're addressing the wrong crowd. The middle East is that ----------> way. Well, actually for you it would be that <------------ way unless you felt like taking the scenic route.  

Let us know how it goes.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 05:34:30 PM »
LOL

too funny

if prices were down, bush would be at fault as it'd be his oil buddies lowerin the cost to swing the election right??

LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 05:55:32 PM »
GIXER ....You are only 15 percent right...

You all better get used to it, I mean everyone who drives....

Better get rid of your left /right labels on this point because there is nothing I know to do about it.

The problem is china,yep china....Her econamy is growing so fast that her need for oil has tripled in just last 7 months. And it is going to continue to grow in the fore see able future at nearly the same pace.  It is estimated she will rival the US in consumption within 8 to 12 years.

The second reason is the threat of terrorism it self. Every time something is rumured, or does happen, then prices go up, always have and always will. Look at uss cole, beruit, iran hostage, all the others. Now add china and you have your cost per barrel.

Iraq has so little to do with it now. Yes I know tell me what a moron I am and bush did it all...Only thing is you all will have to buy gas even in europe.And the rest of the world will stand in line behind china and the u.s.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 05:56:36 PM »
Yup, that'll be next.

Must really hurt filling up the tank in countries that seriously pay through the nose for oil.

France, Germany, Spain, Italy....etc, etc.

Man...I really feel for them.

They'll be handing out ration cards next, eh?....lol
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Re: Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Nope.  Gas prices are actually down where I live...  (SF bay area)

Let me know if it's gone up by the end of the week. Market is paying almost $45 a barrel and your glad that the gas price has dropped in SF area? LOL that's a pretty short sighted view of events.

Economics 101 Oil prices effect globaly in many ways in, price of what you are paying at the puimp is just the most basic reflection of this and one that people notice first. Rather then for instance the increased cost of heating or increased manufacturing costs,transporation etc and thats impact on the overall economy,jobs, interest rates etc.

...-Gixer

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 06:05:07 PM »
Originally posted by Blooz
Yup, that'll be next.

Must really hurt filling up the tank in countries that seriously pay through the nose for oil.

France, Germany, Spain, Italy....etc, etc.

Man...I really feel for them.

They'll be handing out ration cards next, eh?....lol

Actually... The countries with high taxation on their fuel can just lower it gradually when crude prices increase and folks wont notice it as much as those that are used to low prices

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2004, 06:08:23 PM »
Originally posted by demaw1
GIXER ....You are only 15 percent right...

You all better get used to it, I mean everyone who drives....

Better get rid of your left /right labels on this point because there is nothing I know to do about it.

The problem is china,yep china....Her econamy is growing so fast that her need for oil has tripled in just last 7 months. And it is going to continue to grow in the fore see able future at nearly the same pace.  It is estimated she will rival the US in consumption within 8 to 12 years.

The second reason is the threat of terrorism it self. Every time something is rumured, or does happen, then prices go up, always have and always will. Look at uss cole, beruit, iran hostage, all the others. Now add china and you have your cost per barrel.

Iraq has so little to do with it now. Yes I know tell me what a moron I am and bush did it all...Only thing is you all will have to buy gas even in europe.And the rest of the world will stand in line behind china and the u.s.

China? True it's growing economy and thirst for oil but still hardly compares to the US's drain on oil production. Plus China's requirements hardly changed overnight from being a low user to a high user, it's been a gradual increase with it's economy. Not a sudden stuff up like the instability in the middle east.

Blaming China is worse then trying to blame russia.

...-Gixer

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 06:11:11 PM »
Blaming China is worse then trying to blame russia.

...-Gixer

After you've assigned the blame, what is your plan or suggestion to correct the situation? I mean, this IS going somewhere, right? :)

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 06:14:13 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Actually... The countries with high taxation on their fuel can just lower it gradually when crude prices increase and folks wont notice it as much as those that are used to low prices

I've always wondered what level of taxation and price on fuel a government is willing to sustain before it's impact on the overall economy out weighs  the tax benifit.  And therefore reduce the tax percentage on fuel to sustain the economy at a particular level.

...-Gixer

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2004, 06:14:16 PM »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Oil $45 A Barrel
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 06:15:54 PM »
I've always wondered what level of taxation and price on fuel a government is willing to sustain before it's impact on the overall economy out weighs  the tax benifit.  And therefore reduce the tax percentage on fuel to sustain the economy at a particular level.

...-Gixer

I know our goverment has a formula for it, but i dont think that is something they would let you know