Author Topic: new at this getting frustrated is it worth it  (Read 766 times)

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
new at this getting frustrated is it worth it
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2004, 04:03:25 PM »
Like any thing else, you get out what ya put into it. I know its frusrating getting shot down ALL the time, but if you put the time in , you will get better. You sound like you want to get better, so we won't go into "attitudes"  :) Your sounds great already!

When not flying. study any info you can find on the game. The  Net Aces site is a great one Soda's Aircraft Site is also very good in learning the strenghts and weakness, as well as how to fight with or against all the planes in Aces High. We have some info for the "newbie" written in plain english at the   Air Mafia site as well.

If your Bishop, you can hook up with the Air Mafia on wed and sat nights to see how we run some ops. Working with a group gives ya a couple extra set of eyes to help watch out, but its best to watch out for yourself... self preservation  :)

Study, and train hard Grass Hopper It is well worth the time and trouble :aok Good luck!

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2004, 05:21:54 PM »
I have 24 kills but died over 150 times.

congratualations! I got one, one! fighter kill in my trial time...
So you are on the right track.

good advices spread around here. listen to them.

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Schutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2004, 02:29:24 AM »
Im a beginner in this game too, but here are some hints i found usefull.

- try to up 1 base away from the enmys and climb up to 15k, then you have a good overview.

- pick a lonely enemy for your attack, when you dig into 6 enemy planes to get one kill you have a good choice bur your dead right away.

- find your favorite plane and stick with it. There are planes that have a beautifull overview, also to the back. And others where you see nothing, if it troubles you not to see the guy that shoots you down, choose your plane according.

- when you come in from a friendly only base and keep looking you will see the enemy before he goes behind you, at all costs avoid that he gets there.

- dont bother for the check 6. when you get the call its to late anyway. Also, when you fly in an area with lots of friendlies and a few enemys i often get the check 6 call. But then all the enemy planes get shot down by the other friendlies cause i need to long to get a shot.

- fly the way your plane likes it, or better find a plane that likes the way you fly. In the beginning i flew 190d because its easy to climb up and then dive on the enemeys and run away again. But i was trapped in turn fights all the time and got shot down, now i fly a spit V and get trapped in turn fights, much better.

ciao schutt