Author Topic: Joint Operations: Team needs gunners!  (Read 773 times)

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Joint Operations: Team needs gunners!
« on: August 10, 2004, 10:36:54 AM »
Hey all.. Mane, XtrmeJ, and myself have been playing JO pretty heavily for the last few days! The 3 of us stick pretty tight and have loads of fun! Last night  during gameplay we had several maps where the 3 of us would score over 100 kills!! LoL We have some pretty good rape spots picked out along the map and can work them pretty well..

I'm posting to see if there are any other JO players here? You can download and play the demo for free which is what we have been doing... We need a few more folks for our team.. Need some gunners and maybe 1 sniper.. Of course, all medics are welcome.. We three generally play medics exclusively so we can stay in any 1 area for an extented time.. Like I said already bout our play last night was we were owning even if in short time.. hehe The maps are hugh with usually around 100 players playing..

Its a great game.. I've been playing for about 4 days now and am totally addicted.. Graphics and terrain are the best I have ever seen for a FPS.. The game is simply amazing..  Need recruits!! Should you choose to play you can locate any of us.. There is an ingame player finder.. You can see the 'player list' and filter for names to find a particular person.. 8)  Mane and XtrmeJ use their names and I use Treefrog. Hope to see some of you guys soon! Will be playing this afternoon im sure! hehe

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 10:41:46 AM »
Where can I find it K, I'm in :D

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 10:45:27 AM »
http://www.jointopsthegame.com/

The Demo can be downloaded here.. The game takes some computing though.. lol The map we play is hugh!

Also I believe there is one update to the game you must do before you play.. Dunno if you have played any Novalogic games but you update their games from their server.. It is an ingame update and its one of the options ont he opening screen..

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 10:58:40 AM »
I'll definitely look you guys up. :)
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 11:01:47 AM »
the chat box goes by so fast.. sometimes its hard to see someone tryin to get your attention..

I dont remember how, but we all talk on what is kinda like a squad chan.. Its purple text.. maybe xj or Mane will be along later and tell how to get on that chan with us.. hehe

Also we were discussing starting to use Team Speak as a voice chat in game.. 8)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 04:02:18 PM by TheDudeDVant »

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 04:02:58 PM »
Bump.. :)

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 05:28:26 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
Bump.. :)

You guys use teamspeak or anything?

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 05:54:51 PM »
I have the full game.  Its pretty fun, though I liked BHD better in terms of connection.  JO has much better options in terms of weapons and vehicles.  I love tooling around and running people over in the dune buggies.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 06:02:26 PM »
I just started palying it today. FPS's arent really my thing but it was "ok".  Every map was a night map. I dont kno what the attraction is to run around wiht everyhting "green" and gamma/brightness adjusted. It seems silly to me. About as much fun as Ah or FB at night...

I have a TS server set up for my Il2 squad.

I will playing FB tonight but maybe I will look yas up later in the week.

My SO nic is Helvik  (wotan was taken).

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 06:31:32 PM »
Err Yah this game rocks. I have already ordered the boxed set and I know Mane and Kappa (Treefrog) are doing the same. We're setting up a teamspeak server soon, we'll post here with it once we have that figured out. For now if you see me in there, type to me, may take a few tries as we may be playing, or the better thing may be to post here, and give me your ingame I.D amd I'll invite ya to the squad. Hope to see some of you in there. :)

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 06:35:27 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
I just started palying it today. FPS's arent really my thing but it was "ok".  Every map was a night map. I dont kno what the attraction is to run around wiht everyhting "green" and gamma/brightness adjusted. It seems silly to me. About as much fun as Ah or FB at night...

I have a TS server set up for my Il2 squad.

I will playing FB tonight but maybe I will look yas up later in the week.

My SO nic is Helvik  (wotan was taken).

hehe Wotan  - I had the night problem as well.  kept looking for a day map  - and thinking damn these guys are good at nighttime.

It's a bug , there is a setting you need to change in the graphices set-up . I think it's frame effects in video settings it can't be high , with a radeon card , something like that.

Good luck
I come from a land downunder

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 07:25:53 PM »
Courtesy Bump.

Offline TPIguy

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2004, 08:20:52 PM »
I've been playing as "Simanov." I too have a couple of favorite spots picked out. I've found the rifleman w/ the grenade launcher and RPG/AT4 is the most versatile setup. I'll look you guys up next time I'm on.

I'm thinking about buying the game but need to upgrade my machine before I do.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 09:44:57 PM »
gonna take a look see:D

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 10:20:25 PM »
I really like that game but my puter is just too slow for it.