Author Topic: New idea what do you ladies and gentlemen think.  (Read 20685 times)

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
New idea what do you ladies and gentlemen think.
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2004, 04:46:47 PM »
Originally posted by Grimm
If this would be implemented,  Perhaps it sould be known as the "Rook Rule"   ;)
Errr... nevermind it's not worth it. Do what you need to do HT.

Offline Tuborg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.localeyes.dk
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2004, 04:47:51 PM »
Why not make it totaly free on which side you want to fly!!

The "war" will then be on the chatline, where it belongs!

Us other peacefull minds will then just enjoy to fly above it all over the blue skies....

:)

Offline zmeg

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2004, 04:48:48 PM »
How about if a teams perk multiplier gets below .8 turn on friendly collisions for that team.

Offline dragoon

• Copper Member
sides
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2004, 04:51:10 PM »
my squad rests on the rooks. i dont think i would like that idea to well due to the fact that half my squad would not follow if we switched countries. personally i dont care what side im on and would prefer the side with less numbers.....but i have 25 other people to think about. if there was a time limit tween flights imposed...i would take my squad to bish or nits but suffer a loss of at least half my squad. :(

i will start chatting with my squad and see what they think about switching countries in light on the new situation.:confused:

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2004, 04:59:32 PM »
Bad idea.  You do NOT want to start limiting any one countries flight time.  Great way to start losing customers.  I remember some days when I log on and the bish/rook have say 100 pilots, and knights have 120.  The thought of waiting in the tower after I'm shot down sounds horrid.

I DO like the fact that you are thinking about this issue.  I just feel that this is the WRONG idea.

How about instead, when numbers are out of whack like that (I would go with 30%) give pilot's PERKS if they switch from the higher # country to the lesser.  Say 20 or 25 perks to change sides.  THAT might be enough incentive for some to make the change.
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2004, 05:04:47 PM »
Cant say i jumped for joy when I read HT's idea, but it may be worth trying.  It would least be a noble experiment (ok, noble's kind of a strong word....but I cant think of another;) )  

During certain times I would probably get quite frustrated with waiting as my base got hammered....but then I probably wouldn't be in that situation if my base was getting pounded.  Besides I fly Knits :D

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2004, 05:06:35 PM »
I would bet that doubling or tripling (heck, maybe even do 4x or 5x, like vegas baby!)the perk mod would would help. Same system as already here - just more "reward"
Start throwing more perk planes into the mix as they develop..
I'm sure it will even out.

This way no one penalized flight times, ect.....

Could work, but might just be a whole nother can of worms.

All I know is that within 20 seconds of myself letting it known on open channel that the bish had a 21.16 perk point bonus - about 10 folks jumped over and messed my farming all up.

We only had 5 folks on to start with.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2004, 05:07:01 PM »
flyingaround,

Wouldn't work.  They vulch for the Rook all evening and then switch to Knights to get the bonus perkies.  Then they log off.  Next day after work they switch back to Rooks and go back to vulching.

I will say I'm not real fond of HiTechs idea the more I think about it.  I like that they are thinking about it though.  I'm trying to come up with viable solutions.

I did like J_A_B's idea about local timed delays a bit more, but I don't know how practical it is from a programming standpoint.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2004, 05:09:28 PM »
I still hold that the perk icons are the single biggest flaw with the perk system.  Those icons prevent the perk planes from being seen as a reward. Without them being a reward, perk points don't matter so no modification of the perk earning or pricing system will have any real effect.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2004, 05:09:49 PM »
A question or two.

This time limit would be imposed on a pilot after landing a mission or after getting shot down or both?

Would there be a delay if you landed to rearm?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2004, 05:17:28 PM »
Originally posted by nopoop
Ok, gave it some more thought.
Restricting a players ability to fly is a bad idea IMO. Now lets take whats available now to keep outnumbered countries pilots from logging.
The more the merrier ingame is the goal.
I can only give myself as an example. I don't care if my country is outnumbered. I'll find a place to play.
I only log when DAR is disabled. DAR is a game killer for me, I don't care about numbers.
Now when your being hammered one of the first thing that goes is DAR.
Why not use your current thought of unbalanced numbers and apply it to DAR instead ??
If a countries numbers are low and reaches a certain point, make Dar for that country undestructable ??
Then you might be getting the snot beat out of you but you still can pick your spots ??
That doesn't penalize the country with numbers and gives the outnumbered a reason to stay around and fight'um.

Got me thinking.  Here is a better solution.

The greater the numbers, the LONGER it takes for things to reup.  i.e. Vehicle Hangers, Fighter Hangers, Ord, H.Q. etc.

The smaller the numbers, the SHORTER it takes for things to reup.

Thinking this through now.  If you are being overwhelmed, and your VH ups every 10 min, instead of 20 (whatever) that gives you an advantage.  If your town respawns faster, or your FH's up faster, that also would give you and advantage vs. the #'s.  If you kill the Vehicle Hanger at the greater #'s field, and it takes 30min, instead of 20 (whatever) that would help slow them down.  ALSO one or two pilots from the lesser number side can pork nme fields, and their taking longer to reup might just help stem the rolling tide.

Hmmm.....still considering this.  Ideas? Anyone?
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2004, 05:23:51 PM »
Down time could actually be a positive thing for squadrons.

Gives you time to get everyone back from the last run.  Pick a target, decide on planes, etc and then launch as a group.

Offline brendo

• Copper Member
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2004, 05:24:33 PM »
I think that you are approaching this from the wrong direction.

It should not be about limiting. It should be about 'value adding'

What do I GET from leaving my beloved side, to balance out?

I want a portable AAA machine gun to shoot vulchers!

I want an ACK ACK tower, and four trucks with QUAD 40mms or carrier style pom poms! ALL controlled by ME, to all shoot at whatever im shooting at!

I want a secret weapon of the luftwabble to save the war! And I want you to release that nice ultra high octane gas to give me more kick. My 1 perk point Spit 14 or P47M or 109K with ultraubermeba special boostenhoffen!

That would even up the odds.. yes/no?

Offline FTndr

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flying-tigers.org
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2004, 05:25:04 PM »
I don't post alot to the BB's but this one caught my attention...  

First... I do not think this is a great idea for all the reasons listed previous to this post and....

Second... As someone who has worked with numerous customers and employees.... to take something away (in this case limit) which was previously freely available or attainable has never (in my 25+ years in business and 40+ years in life) produced a desireable result.

I believe the answers lies somewhere in the incentive side of the equation v the penalty side.  

I'll be here either way... thats just my 2 cents

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2004, 05:25:06 PM »
I kinda like the perk/dar idea. Low country costs go down, high ones go up, and some planes previously unperked start costing, while low side has more plane options open to them due to lower cost.

Dar , at HQ for low side gets harder the more outnumbered , all the way up to indestructable, (dar always up).

Something along those lines, but either way I'll give whatever happens a try, cause this does need fixin.

my .5 cents ( with exchange rate)
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.